1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Winger.com: The Winter of Wicky Wubio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 18, 2017.

1. basketballholic

I dislike Lavine just like I dislike Westbrook. Neither of them play a team game. Yep, Lavine has Westbrook potential. And that ain't good if you want to win championships and watch championship level basketball.
    You don't know enough basketball if you don't understand that.

DudeWah likes this.
  2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I don't mean to encourage bballholic, but dude has been balling since the all star break.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yes, but did you see the six losses in a row? Defenses are still doubling off of him, and they are losing a lot no matter if he scores or not. Yeah, yeah, it's the coach and his teammates who suck.

Maybe He's not that bad of a poison. Make him beat you

oakdogg likes this.
  4. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Just to make it clear

Since the All-Star Break Rubio is averaging: 16.8 PPG + 4.5 RPG + 10.6 APG + 1.7 SPG while shooting 46.3% from the field, 43.8% from 3PT line and 91.4 from the charity stripe (he's shooting free throws better than league leader Steph Curry), and that's not a fluke, because last season he also had the best stretch of his career after ASG. The reason maybe his play for National team, when you are coming back exhausted to a training camp and need a ton of time to adjust.

Rubio has career highs in FG%, FT%, PPG, APG, probably gonna have a career-high in 3pt percentage, multiple individual records, franchise record for assists in the single game and he was 1 assist shy of having a 20 and 20 game.

Also...... and his team is winning.

To make it clear how long this way was for him: this is his 12th professional season.

Plowman likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Are you the second coming of B.Kripke?

[​IMG]

6. heypartner

The moment this article was written, Minny went on a 6-game losing streak. Up and down. Up and down. That's just the way it is with Rubio's flirtation with shooting 30% from 3 and leading a team to .500.

btw: if anyone is actually interested in Minny versus just being WOFs... It's interesting to see that TT is playing heavy minutes with Dunn and Rubio on the court together. Could be a season-ending push of playing time with no real interest in winning, like pseudo tanking.

oakdogg likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Higher TS% then Beverley.....

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really like his improvement and health this year. If he can take it another step or two next year the Wolves will be looking good.

I don't think Kris Dunn is going to beat him out anytime soon with his equally broken jumper.

9. dmoneybangbang

Is that really a big accomplishment?

The bigger question, has Rubio turned a significant corner or is he just playing above his level?

10. heypartner

That all assumes TT the GM isn't going to trade Rubio vs banking on this short streak continuing next year. Check out this from last night how wide-open he is ... announcers still talking about the double-off of him

Everyone can have short streaks. He's shooting 21-48 since ASG (17 games)...28% before in 51 games on 128 attempts. And boy does he absolutely need to drain those shots.... and that's still a weird shooting stroke.

yep...he just passed Bev on that last game for the first time in his career. That TS% mainly because Bev doesn't go to the line.
    eFG% is a better measure of actual shooting ability

eFG%
    • Bev 51.5%
    • Rubio 46.5% wooof
    Inside 5 ft
    • Rubio still 8th worst guard out of 100 in the league for FG% within 5ft of the rim...(those who shoot more than 1.7 per game)
    • 48.8% from 5ft and in.
    Inside the restricted area
    • 50% from inside the restricted area (3ft)

oakdogg and RudyTBag like this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member

Heyschweetie luv you bra but I continue to salivate over dudes vision.its just too much. Off the charts that it cannot be passed.

Im on the rubio wagon from day 0.
    Love the juego bonito.

Some people like cookies and cream and some dont. Im ashamed though that you dont. Like either. Or cream. Or rubio. Next you will tell me you dont like bacon yet live within shouting distance of 3 sativas r us stores.

I know you wont change your mind and you are deeply embedded. Perhaps we can agree to disagree.

But man oh man i wish we had him.

Anyway carry on..im with bbholic on this one.

basketballholic likes this.
  12. basketballholic

Keep doubting.

13. basketballholic

Efg means nothing next to TS%. Getting to the free throw line is the most efficient possession you can have.

But just like bag, keep doubting. I'm actually hoping they trade Rubio. He needs to be on a team where he runs the show. If Thibs is so dumb that he can't see that by now then Rubio needs to go. He's a terrific team player and locker room leader.

The shooting isn't new. He's simply decided to take shots consistently instead of continually dish. His shooting has been way overblown his whole career. The casual fan doesn't understand who he's been playing with and what kind of shots he's had to take. Now, for the first time, he's got multiple shooters around him. And he's pissed off. Pissed off at all the stupid commentary and doubting. I hope he stays pissed off too. Because his stroke is fine and always has been. Keep talking about his bad mechanics though. Just more text trash. A guy that consistently shoots free throws in the mid 80's has a good stroke. But yeah, keep criticizing.

If Minny does the smart thing and keeps Rubio and trades Dunn and Levine for Butler this summer, then gets one more legit big man that can defend they'll be crawling up our tailpipe next season.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Doubting what? I never doubted Rubio could play basketball, I just doubt there's enough ball to go around in 48 minutes with Harden and Rubio. Harden is the better player and has proven he can carry a team into the playoffs.

15. heypartner

I agree. Nice that Rubio once in his life was able to barely pass up Beverley who never shoots FTs.

eFG% is the better way to measure pure shooting. You can show TS% to include Rubio's FTs. But, I'm proving Beverley is the better shooter and finisher,,,,and it isn't even close.

After all these years, he's decided to shoot when open. That's what you're going with.

I'm embarrassed for you.

#35 heypartner, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  16. heypartner

So Rick Adelman is dumb, too? Why do you always resort to calling so many coaches and GMs dumb if they don't do what you want? And calling fans dumb, when they don't agree with you. Can't you enjoy the NBA without calling everyone stupid and dumb.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Rubio has always been a solid player outside of the J.

18. rocketseagles07

Lmfao @ Rubio being a top 5 pg! In what world?

19. omgTHEpotential

And Harden has a eFG% of 52.4% - that means he's only barely a better shooter than Bev. I think I prefer TS%.

basketballholic likes this.
  20. heypartner

I prefer TS%, too. But your logic here would tell me you don't like 3P%, either, because wouldn't that say Bev is a better shooter than Harden. Are you afraid of that stat too. Of course not, because Bev only shoots when wide open...as a role player spot up shooter. (Although, I think he nailed one off the dribble last night....we'lll never see Rubio do that.)

So, if you're not scared of explaining why Harden's 3P% is not nearly as good as Bev's, then what's the issue with eFG%.

Here, we are talking about two players who only shoot the three when wide open....set shooters. Usually we just look at 3P% to say who is performing better. That's clearly Bev over Rubio. eFG% shows further than Rubio can't from 2s, either. 'holic wanted to show the one where Rubio finally passed Bev for the first time in his career. And TS% shows that Bev doesn't get to the line.

In sum, easy to see that Bev is the better shooter,,,,clearly....better at 3F% and eFG% (by far), better at the rim (by far), but doesn't get to the FT line, so Rubio has slight edge on TS%

dmoneybangbang likes this.