1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Please post tweets, videos, and articles relevant to the rockets here.

Ive been sorting through multiple threads to find them.

Lets try to keep this thread as clean as possible. Every post must have media!

s3ts, Wapzoe and deb4rockets like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FINALLY. A thread I can get behind. I'm serious.

Moleb, RocketWalta, DonKnock and 8 others like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm looking for a dude I can get behind, lemme know

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Man, that's what THEY would want! Open your eyes, Sheeple!

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Pen15clubber and Killatron 2000 like this.
  7. rockpileindisma

Clutchfans summed up in 2 posts:

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

9. Daddy Long Legs

Lol i knew this thread would prolly get trolled.

Funny stuff haha.

I was just thinking how convenient and easy it would make things if we had a thread where everybody posts the latest media talk about the rockets.

That way you wouldnt have to sort through pages of debates and opinions in multiple threads to find these videos, tweets, and articles.

I dont have a twitter or cable so this thread could help me and others out. Oh well lol

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Alright from here on out we won't say **** fam

mdoggnic likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

Lol but without u saying **** this thread would die.

Good **** pham. I can dig it

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

How about @swyyyguy

I heard Mavs dudes like to take it up no lube

Mr Chuck Norris and Pen15clubber like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Damned if we do damned if we don't. Buck foys and go rockets

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

alright. real conspiracy stuff. http://newsok.com/article/5543639

Russell Westbrook for MVP: There's just too much
    [​IMG] by Berry Tramel Published: March 30, 2017 3:00 PM CDT Updated: March 30, 2017 3:00 PM CDT

. . . [snip snip]

Should Westbrook be the league MVP in this season in which he’s going to average a triple double? Most people seem to think James Harden will win, and Harden is having a fabulous year, too. I tended to think Harden was deserving, considering he, too, plays on a team void of stars (other than himself), and Harden’s Rockets have outperformed Westbrook’s Thunder.

But the events of this week have given me pause. Monday night, Westbrook scored 12 of the Thunder’s points in a 14-0 run to end the game and wipe out a 91-78 Dallas lead in the final 3-1/2 minutes. Teams trailing by at least 13 points in the final 3-1/2 minutes win have won 10 times in the last 10,000-plus circumstances. Then Wednesday, the Thunder beat Orlando 114-106 in overtime despite trailing by 21 points in the third quarter and by 14 points with 6:02 left in the game. It was the biggest deficit overcome for victory in OKC history.
    read more of this disgusting conspiratorial tripe at the link.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This thread deserves its own thread

16. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Does this dude know that the Mavs and Magic suck? Did Curry win his MVP because he destroyed the Knicks and Lakers?

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  17. Daddy Long Legs

We lost our most famous and vocal supporter. #conspiracy

DonKnock, samtaylor and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He was never going to vote for Harden if 1 game against the Magic swayed his vote. That's fairly obvious.

Westbrook will win, but Harden might win Player's MVP again, I guess.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

more disgusting media conspiracy. deserves its own thread. I'm serious.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/30/15119374/russell-westbrook-nba-mvp-james-harden

Russell Westbrook is the only real NBA MVP choice
    46 comments
    Stop scrutinizing the wonder of Russell Westbrook.
    by Zito Madu@_Zeets Mar 30, 2017, 10:28am EDT

The Thunder were down by 14 points to the Magic halfway through the fourth quarter. They had been down 21 in the third. This was also their third game in four nights.

They lost by 12 against the Rockets three days before, when Russell Westbrook scored 18 points in the fourth quarter and at one point brought his team to within nine after the Thunder had been down by 20-plus. They beat the Mavericks a day later after being down by 13 points with 3:30 left in the game, and Westbrook scored 16 of the Thunder’s last 18 points. In the fourth quarter overtime against the Magic on Wednesday night, he scored 26 points.

Westbrook’s game-tying shot was an otherwise reckless transition three over two defenders with mere seconds left on the clock. But he was hot. And no one else on that team deserved the glory or burden of that shot more than him. The basket put him at 50 points. He would go on to have 57 total, the most points ever scored while recording a triple-double.

There’s an entry in Kafka’s Blue Octavo Notebooks where he writes: "Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted."

The Thunder are 31-7 when Westbrook has a triple-double. They have only won 43 games total. What he does — these consistently ridiculous performances that have to be reduced and boxed into the category of “triple-double” to be more easily understood — is wholly out of necessity.

The Thunder needed Westbrook to have a once-in-a-generation season, otherwise they would be lost. They needed him to score 19 points in the fourth, or they would have lost to the Magic. They needed him to be their be-all and end-all, because that is the only way that they can survive, much less thrive.

Inflated rebound numbers be damned — this is not a case of stats padding. Westbrook could very well do less, but he would do so knowing that his team would more likely lose. He could satisfy the critics and preserve himself by lessening his burden of carrying the team, but he would be purposely putting the Thunder in a vulnerable position. For someone who wants to win every game, that is not an option, not even in overtime during his third game in four days.

Westbrook does not have empty triple-doubles, he has “I will drag us as far as I can” triple-doubles.
    This effort against the Magic makes the swipe that the Rockets took at his season seem even sillier.

There is nothing bad that can be said about James Harden, and there’s no need to admonish him in favor of Westbrook. He is having a fantastic season of his own, and if he wins MVP, he would deserve it. Harden has done wonders for the Rockets while raising his play to incredible and unforeseen levels. Anyone who besmirches someone to praise another lacks a strong argument, and is probably just a hater.

But we’ve gotten to a point in the MVP argument where Westbrook is disregarded because he’s not as efficient as Harden, because he’s not the playmaker in a Mike D'Antoni offense, because of a small percentage difference — 3 percent — in uncontested rebounds.

We’re also at a point where certain stats about how each team’s offense performs without the two MVP candidates on the court, and how much each player raises his team’s play when they do come in the game, are being ignored for devious reasons — where advanced statistics are no longer being used to illuminate, but rather to wash away wonder and push an agenda of expertise.
    read more conspiracy at the link.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

OFFICIAL picture of this thread

[​IMG]