1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 ClutchFans Mock Draft - Texans 1st Round v 1.0

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 27, 2017.

?

Who will the Texans pick in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft?

1. OT Cam Robinson, Alabama

2. QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech

3. OT Garrett Bolles, Utah

4. S Jabrill Peppers, Michigan

5. QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson

6. OT Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin

7. QB Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina

8. S Justin Evans, Texas A&M

9. LB Takkarist McKinley, UCLA

10. S Obi Melinfonwu, Connecticut

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

The 2nd Annual Clutchfans mock draft

Who do you think the Texans will pick? I didn't include trade down scenarios because too hard to predict what teams would like to trade down and what they would be asking.

I'll create another one for the 2nd round later when the 1st round has been decided.

See how we did last year, this was version 3.0:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/clutchfans-mock-draft-texans-1st-round-v-3-0.273272/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/clutchfans-mock-draft-texans-2nd-round-v-3-0.273379/

2. sanedolt

sanedolt Member

It seems Rick and Bill are thinking hard this off season with little action. I guess they want to pretend to be smarter than they are. So they are not going to draft a QB or a RT.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Think Texans will pick up Romo at some point and draft Mahomes. Love a Robinson or Obi pick

Fullcourt likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Cam Robinson will be there, but if he is, then that would be amazing. Probably the best possible pick for the Texans in the first round.

Nook likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have learned from past drafts that the Texans never pick who I want. So I chose Melifonwu.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cam or obi

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm not saying I want this to happen, and I definitely don't want to start a QB discussion with Bobby... but Deshon Kizer is starting to feel like the pick if we go with a QB in round 1. Think about it... we obviously have scouted him heavily since we drafted his center and favorite WR last year... and wouldn't the best possible landing spot for him in NFL be in a place where those two ex-teammates ended up?

I have to give credit for that thought to the mock draft on theringer.com this morning. Again, it's not my preferred choice, it just seems like a suddenly more possible option when cast in that light.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If Mahomes is taken in the first or early 2nd, I could see going OT and then Kizer in the second since he will fall when the others don't. Might be better than Mahomes and random OT in second.

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

If we could get him with a low pick in the 2nd, I would be shocked. That being said, if we could pull it off, I'd be ecstatic.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen a lot of people say that Kizer might be a decent player one day despite the fact that he doesn't have a lot going for him now other than "looking the part". I for sure wouldn't draft him in the first, but he could be another project similar to Tom Savage.

houstonstime likes this.
  13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Yea, that's what I'm saying, I am for someone like Mahomes in the 1st, but I would be okay with Kizer later in the draft, that means that we already took care of important needs in the first and possibly 2nd. I don't think he showed enough in school, but his surrounding talent did drop a bit, and something should be said for us having his old center and star wideout. Also, I have heard that a couple ppl say that in 3 years he will be the best QB from this draft, team that with Romo and a first round OT and it could work out.

14. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I think Matt Miller stated that the Texans don't like Kizer. That may just be what the Texans want out there, though.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't trust O'Brien with Kizer (or Mahomes). I would rather go with Watson or Webb. They're ceilings might be lower but I think they are more ready.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there's plenty of reasons to not like Kizer, but if he falls far enough, and you aren't counting on him ever becoming good enough to start, then it's worth a shot.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What's the use if you are not counting on him to start. That is the plan right? To find our next starting QB.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's no different than when they drafted Savage, you hope that one day he might develop into something, but you aren't counting on it.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I actually like how Savage has played when he's been in the game.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My feeling right now is that the Texans shock us all and take Davis Webb. I'd rather have Mahomes,though,so I chose him.