1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vick

vick Member

First he sucks as a quarterback. Mcnair will never hire a turd like him.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yeah he don't hire turds!

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

Agreed! But what is left on the market? Kap is the best option. As I said before, Romo will not last through the first quarter of the season.....HE'S TOO BEAT UP! Why have to QBs that have shown they can not stay healthy. You're asking fo more of the same of what we have gone through the past 2 to 3 years, just because you DON'T AGREE WITH KAP'S OOLITICAL VIEWS......THAT'S BEING SHORT SIGHTED AND IDIOTIC ORBTG! LOL

I would start with Savage, bring in Kap as a backup and draft a Rookie. I think Savage deserves a chance BUT in my heart of hearts, I don't think Savage is good enough nor will he remain healthy through a 17 week schedule.

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

How long do you think Romo will stay healthy? And if Savage is backing up Romo, how long do think Savage will stay healthy?

You are asking for more of the same....A QB CAROUSEL

5. likestohypeguy

What, is this confirmed, link?

I wasn't a fan of these antics, and not much of a fan of him on the field post hard-boil but wow wasn't that important after all apparently if true.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not sure why people saying hes just not good means we are against his politics. Many have not even brought them up, are we allowed to simply not like him as a QB? Wrong system, fading player, not the best option. He's basically a better version of RG3, once teams stopped him from running he crumbled. That's why he only had a season and a half of being good, a lot like RG3 except he got hurt.

rockpileindisma likes this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

9. BabyBatterBoy

BabyBatterBoy Member

10. ballgame

ballgame Member

Name me one QB that's on the market right now, that's had a better season than Kap had last yr?

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Jay Cutler got hurt last year and only played 4 games.
    But in 2015: 64.4% 3600 yds, 21/11, 92 rat
    Kaep in 2016: 59.2%, 2241, 16/4, 90.7 rat

if you take both players '15 and 16' together I think Cutler still wins. But he has distraction issues just like Kaep...
    Best 2016 was who the niners picked up BRIAN HOYER had a better 2016 than Kaep, that should tell you enough.
    Also, no matter how you spin all of this just do one thing, look at the system we run, it is not a Kaepernick system.....

EDIT: didnt even realize you said any better season: Fitzpatrick in 2015: 59.6% 3900 yds, 31/15 88 rat... pretty comparable considering he also got more than 2 wins, but you are about to say how much more talent the jets have so forget it... in 2014: 64%, 2400 yds, 17/8, 95 rating... so thats 2 years better.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

There were only 3 that really made good sense all the rest are just BS if 2 and 3 aren't true option we have to go with whats left.

13. Fantasma Negro

Why do you think he's a turd?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He's not a good QB.
    Stats, history, and visual confirmation prove this.
    As his fellow namesake Colin Cowherd went over today on air, even in his best year(s) as a 49er, their passing efficiency was still dead last or close in the league. That was with a dominant offensive line, run game, TE, solid receivers and a dominant defense providing solid field position. And that was also when there was less to little to no tape on him. And he's only gotten worse.

Yaosthirdleg and rezdawg like this.
  15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He had a 92,98,86 QB rating in his 3 years with harbaug, I don't know how that can passing efficiency can be dead last in the league. At least post some stats to backup. Colin Cowherd just makes **** up half the time.

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't see the downside if you offer him the minimum and invite him to training camp. Throw another guy into the competition. Worst case scenario, you cut him and spend some money that the Texans have. Best case scenario, he helps the team. He would be more than a decent backup.

I don't think McNair would sign him because of the political issues. 11 NFL owners donated to Mitt Romney's campaign including McNair. Bob was the only one out of the 11 to donate to Donald Trump's campaign. He also has a lot of big companies including power plants so he has a lot to gain out of Trump's economic and environmental regulation policies. I doubt he would want to piss Trump off and Trump for some reason cares about kaepernick.

17. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Kap is simply not a NFL QB. He might be better than Brock but thats not that high a bar. Rather just go with Savage

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hopefully Kap can bounce back. SB year Kap was one of the most exciting players in the league to watch.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Hmmm... looks right. He was a solid, above average passer in those best years. Went downhill seemingly every season and became very very bad. Not sure what exactly Cowherd was on about then - I rarely if ever listen to him, the other stations were on a commercial.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He does not have The Look of a Texan Quarterback
    The concept of passing on him for Romo . . . makes me smh.
    But. . . Romo does look like a Texan Quarterback

Rocket River

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.