1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's probably a good term too in that it's reminiscent of 9-11 "truthers". I hold both groups in equal esteem.

Exaggeration for effect, but yeah I'd take Keenum over Kap any day. Like I said, you can either suck at football or be a distraction but you shouldn't be both. Kap is both so those who suck at football but aren't distractions are better options.

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i agree in principle. 1. romo 2. fitz/cutler 3. savage/draft

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

NO, you don't have to confuse what I'm saying about Sports w/ Politics. I can distinguish the two where you can't and sadly, that's the problem.

That's why you're saying you would prefer Kenum and all of the other has beens over Kap, which is your preference but any idiot can see you're hatred for Kap is mainly due to his political stance and not his football talents

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

*your

houstonstime likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry kiddo, Kap's moronic political nonsense has nothing to do with him being a bad football player. His moronic political nonsense does make him a distraction though so it's part of why he's not a viable option given that he's a bad football player on top of it.

Yaosthirdleg and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would be fine with him as a backup, but we already have a better backup (or at least just as good...Savage), who is not a political distraction. That distraction is the icing on the cake as to why this guy won't get signed.

He can have his opinion all he wants. He's not signing his own check, literally or with his play. That's his biggest problem.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The only way Kap should be on the Texans is if no Romo/Fitz/Cutler available... And no rookie available to draft.

The guy is a complete scrub and should only be left for teams like the Browns. Let them decide between Brock and Kap.

9. body slam

body slam Member

I thought I heard that Kap had put his political statement behind him. That he made his point.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well....I mean, he never really had a point, he was just making a scene to make a scene. That said, after he no longer had a job he did say that he wouldn't make a scene anymore going forward.....but who is to say that he won't change his mind once he gets a job?

Anyway that part of it is really irrelevant, if he was actually a good football player then it might be worth taking on the baggage and using him as a bench player, but he's not.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I can't even imagine BOB and Kaepernick working well together.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can't imagine Kaepernick being able to run BOB's system at all and there's no way BOB switches to a Tebow type system just to accommodate Kaepernick. So yeah, I agree, it would be an awful match.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Thats a ridiculous statement, Colin has and still is heavily involved in community projects and political agendas.

I blows my mind that so many of you need a safe space to shield yourself from politics or reality. Get over it. You don't even see him kneeling on the sideline, how this bothers anyone is beyond me

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't be triggered guy.

I don't doubt that some people think that he was making a point with his foolish actions, but in reality the only point he was actually making was that he is a simpleton. He made a spectacle of himself because he wanted a certain segment of the population to have his back for political reasons because he knew no one would have his back for football reasons. Clearly that worked, but he miscalculated the size of that segment of the population and they weren't enough to keep him employed.

We really don't want this thread going off the rails and headed into D&D territory but it's pretty clear that the few who support him, do so because they support his politics.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. Nimo

Nimo Member

I don't think he is a horrible QB
    I don't think he is a horrible person
    I applaud him for the stand he took to bring attention/awareness and doing it peacefully
    I applaud him for the work he is doing for his community and other parts of the world
    I think he can still play in this league
    I think he will get signed if he still wants to play
    I still don't want him on the Texans

16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Agree.
    He is more of a read option QB - O'Brien would have to change his offensive philosophy altogether and I don't think that is about to happen.
    Garoppolo is the best option but it will cost you an arm and a leg and even then he is not proven.
    Romo would at least sell jerseys so Bob McNair would be in that. Plus he is a very experienced QB - but, could have a debilitating injury at an moment.
    Cutler would also be a big upgrade over what we have now but would likely be butting heads with O'Brien the whole time.
    Realistically, going with Savage is the cheapest option - and he also is an upgrade over Osweiler.
    You keep Weedon due to his familiarity with this system and draft a rookie.
    With a bit of luck, the rookie will turn out to be better than Savage and Weedon. Next season.
    It's what we do.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he's not that bad but better in another style offense. He was most successful with Harbaugh

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

F I F Y

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Can't have a player kneeling on a Lone Star State flag. BLASPHEMY!

20. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Best case scenario, we get Romo and he stays healthy and we draft a qb in first 2 rounds for future. Kap is not better than a chance at a healthy Romo. Romo would give us a chance at a title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.