1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Training for 15 years doesn't necessarily mean he's been battling opponents for 15 years. Fighting someone who intends to harm/maim/kill you is always different than fighting someone training you. They may try to train with intent, but in the end it isn't the same thing.

I'm on episode 2 and am interested so far. There are bits that have already been a bit unimpressive but I'm enjoying what I'm watching.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if we're trying to be that real about it then you could just say that "Kung Fu" is basically just yoga dancing that wouldn't help someone in a real fight against a halfway competent opponent.....also there's no such thing as chi. You sort of have to take it all with a grain of salt and suspend your disbelief with shows like this.

Also, and I'll spoil this for those who aren't as far into it.....

since when can someone be "fired" from owning 51% of a company? I'm not aware of any situation where that could happen.

I get that a CEO can be fired by the board even if the CEO is also on the board when they don't own a controlling share, but when they do....how does that work? I mean, in theory I guess it could happen, but as 51% shareholder, he could just dismiss the entire board and vote in a new one who would restore his job.

I know it's not that big a deal, but that really took me out of it. I can pretend that chi is a real thing, I can pretend that some Kung Fu that monks in a heavenly city taught him would actually work in practical situations, hell I can even pretend that there are dragons....I can not pretend that a 51% shareholder could get ousted by the board of directors.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've watched up till episode 9 and it's as satisfying as a flat lukewarm beer on a hot summer morning.

lulz, Lead actor blames the bad reviews on Trump.

#103 Invisible Fan, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. thejav

thejav Member

Just finished..It's like the budget for this was a third of what the other marvel shows had.

VanityHalfBlack and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I don't understand how he is one shot KOing ninjas but then some security guards get their hands on him

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I could not understand how
    In one episode Madam Gao sent him flying with a FLICK OF THE WRIST . .. .
    then later she just looks helpless . . . . I know she playing a deeper game but . . .
    that should have alerted him to something
    Danny is just so stupid
    I am aware.
    The Foot are derivative of the HAND since the Turtles are derivative of Daredevil
    In that movie . .. . the foot were parodies of the Hand . . . .

Rocket River

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wait I thought the hand were zombies

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

There should be a poll for this show.

To binge or not to binge?

Space Ghost and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Rocket River likes this.
  11. dmoneybangbang

Got a day for a Netflix binge... Badlands or Iron Fist?

12. conquistador#11

I was expecting terrible upon ugliness of a show. HOWEVAHHH,I kept watching and watching. It was good for what it is, Iron fist. In all these shows, even froggy, has cheesy dialogue. Cottonmouth was harlem cheesy next thing you know he is the first black man to win an oscar playing a 'Hispanic?'. 5 episodes in, I was hoping for other characters than the usual to cameo.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't get passed the 3rd show. His motivations are just weird.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm officially a weirdo. I like the show... so far half way through the 3rd show. Although I am studying and have it on in the background haa

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm about to start badlands

16. dmoneybangbang

Went with Iron Fist....

I would say 2.5 stars out of 5. Fight scenes weren't that good and the story was a bit all over the place. It wasn't a terrible series, but below Daredevil and Jessica Jones (haven't seen Luke Cage). Seems like they could have done the series in 8-10 episodes.

I'll do Badlands next as I hear the story is meh but the action is supreme.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm on the last episode of iron fist. I agree, this was the worst of the marvel shows. I enjoyed Jessica jones and DD season 2 the most. The punisher was awesome, didn't care for elektra. I'm so sick of the hand. Killgrave was awesome. Defenders should be good, really looking forward to the punisher show.

Have you seen preacher? After badlands I want to watch it but I don't want to stream it if it's going to be on Netflix sometime soon

18. dmoneybangbang

Iron Fist just didn't have a good villain(s). It seems like the Hand and Kingpin will be overarching villains throughout this marvel universe and I agree that the Hand needs to step it up after Iron Fist.

I tried to get into Preacher but stopped after about 4 episodes... it just wasn't going anywhere story wise. I will probably try and give it another shot since the reviews are generally good.

Pen15clubber and Rocket River like this.
  19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would divide and conquer binge. It wasn't good enough for me to binge all episodes straight through. And, I'm not sure watching an episode here or there would be enough to keep me interested. That said...I still have a few episodes left to go.

20. red

red Contributing Member

1. Jessica Jones
    2. Daredevil season 1
    3. Daredevil season 2
    4a. Luke Cage aka Hot Garbage
    4b. Iron Fist aka Hot Garbage