1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dave Chappelle is back and rich again *****es

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, Nov 28, 2016.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Didn't ask you a question, and yes compared to cable it is extremely cheap.

vstexas09 likes this.
  2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This is certainly the case, which is why the overall content on Netflix has dropped - as the increase in original content has skyrocketed. I am fine with the model, as long as Netflix keeps creating great original content.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

$100 a year is cheap. My cable bill is $170 a month.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Better still, you're not going to drop it any time soon until you see them. He'll need a new set each time, that's probably at least three years worth of passive income. I've always felt their original programming was a misdirect from their streaming sparsity and genuinely anticipated their demise after the Qwikster nonsense, but as ambivalent as HBO and Comedy Central have become about running specials for headliners, this really makes sense.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

And that is not what my post was comparing it to. If that's the case then of course it is cheaper.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Uh okay, so what are you comparing it to? Because compared to not watching anything at all, yeah naturally spending money on something will cost more than spending nothing.

7. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Im not sure where in my first post I struck your nerve? You seem upset with something from it and im baffled. I was not comparing it to anything. The OP asked "how can Netflix afford this?" and I took that as since it is a "cheap monthly cost" it seems they are not a wealthy company. My instance where I went and saw just how much I had spent (about $1000) and had not thought about the auto payment each month really added up and it shows just how much they make so easily off 1 person like myself. How is this so hard to understand? And why are you trying to pick apart each post of mine to make a point?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Oh I'm far from upset, I'm just amused that you think your previous posts actually made sense.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Enough bickering boys.

K-Low_4_Prez likes this.
  10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Well it did to me, but I don't have the same brain as anyone else on here, therefore it could have been (and probably was) perceived differently. My apologies.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Not for nothing, but I feel where he's coming from. I, personally don't use Netflix enough to pay for it, among the other digital content services I have. If it weren't from my family (wife, kids, parents, siblings, etc.) using them, I would cancel them. It may be valuable to those who use it a ton, but for those that don't, it is not worth it.

For those that do watch a ton of stuff, for me, there are still times where I've watched anything I've ever wanted to, and my Netflix account just stays unused. It makes more sense to cancel until some content comes out that I wanna check out and flip the switch back on, especially since they it make it so easy to do so.

13. Fantasma Negro

Watched/listened to the first one this morning on the way to work and I've been taking bathroom breaks to get through the second one. If you're a Chappelle fan these are long overdue but so worth the wait. The first one I think is completely fresh, the second one he uses a lot of material that he used at a show he did in Denver a year ago that I was at, still funny as ****, I laughed until tears were in my eyes

#33 Fantasma Negro, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is this the same material he'll be doing on his show tomorrow night?

15. Fantasma Negro

Comedians usually burn material after a special so I'm pretty sure the stuff he does this week is going to be original

#35 Fantasma Negro, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    mrm32 and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Watched both and loved them. LA special was better but damn I'm glad he's back.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Yo better not bring yoo kiiidds

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

bump for the master that is dave chapplle

19. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

For his Houston show tonight/tomorrow, what did face value tickets start at? Looks like the going rate now for resale tickets is $165.

20. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Im going to tonights show, resale value for mine were 185 each
    According the face value of $70 oh well