1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ballgame

ballgame Member

My bad, I should've specified. Realistic options, maybe that's more clearer.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well then let me be the most clearerest. Kap is not a realistic option due to him sucking at football AND being a distraction. What I was doing was using exaggeration to prove the point by giving you a list of largely unrealistic options comparable with signing Kap.

rezdawg and Fullcourt like this.
  3. ballgame

ballgame Member

4. Buck Turgidson

Holy ****, you're actually serious.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. ballgame

ballgame Member

LISTEN! You say he sucks at football but he was better than anything we had on the roster last year and there's no better option for the upcoming yr.....So you prefer to SUCK, as you say, another year because you don't agree with another man's opinion.

Now that makes alot of sense

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, well, I accept that YOU think that Kap is good at football.....but he's not. Him sucking at football has nothing at all to do with his publicity stunt. If he was actually good at football, then you put up with his moronic political BS being a distraction. Like I said before, you can't suck at football AND be a distraction and he's both.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

As I stated to ALL of the other Nay sayers, name me a better option? No one has done it yet. He didn't hit a woman, he didn't commit a crime, he didn't steal anything....he protested and backed it up by putting his money where his mouth is.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And many have told you numerous better options.....but you don't want to believe it due to some strange crush you seem to have on Kap.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I wouldn't mind adding him as long as you still add someone else like Romo. You certainly can't only add him and call it a day, but I'm all for adding multiple QBs to the roster and hoping one works

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

A better option? Take your pick.

Jay Cutler
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Josh McCown
    Tom Savage
    Chase Daniels
    TJ Yates
    EJ Manuel

Some of these might be a reach but not most of them

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All we need now is a Johnny Manziel thread.

12. ballgame

ballgame Member

Bobby,

You are not answering the question. Who else is out there? Kap is better than Savage, Romo, any FA on the market or any other QB in this draft.

People will say Romo is better but Kap has been to a Super Bowl and a NFC Championship Game, plus he's healthy.

If he comes to Houston or go anywhere else and win, those possible distraction will go away quicker than your frivolous claims that he SUCKS!

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Not really, Johnny Manziel never been to a Super Bowl.

14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Too controversial of the player especially in Texas.

Plus he's not that good and doesn't fit BOB's style.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I already told you, Savage is a better option than Kap, Romo is a better option than Kap, hell Cutler or rolling with a random rookie are better options than Kap.

I get that you have some weird Kap fetish, but the guy is not good at football.

Rex Grossman has been to a Super Bowl....what's your point? The fact that the Niners defense carried the team to the SB just to get stomped out means nothing when talking about Kap playing QB.

Hell Kerry Collins and Trent Dilfer also went to a Super Bowl, maybe we should see what those guys have going on, what do you think?

16. ballgame

ballgame Member

I'm going to help you. Had any of those QBs every been to a Super Bowl? If you say no, then none of those QBs are better options

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's truly laughable that you think that matters. I'm kind of hoping that this is some weird trolling instead of a serious take.

18. ballgame

ballgame Member

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby!

You're reaching. You know dynamic Kaepernick was doing the Niners run, until their talent level feel off. Grossman was a backup and Collins and Dilfer, there's no need to elaborate on their roles. Go back and look at the numbers.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Sexy Rex Grossman is only 36, he's been to a Super Bowl. He would have as good a chance of making us a contender as Kaepernick would.

Fullcourt and mick fry like this.
  20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

None of those guys has taken a team the super bowl. They all have worse QB ratings than him. If you don't like his politics fine, but Savage, Chase, TJ, and Manuel haven't done jack in the league. Fitz sucks. McCown is old and sucks. Cutler is pretty bad too. He probably got himself blackballed for his politics, but from a statistical point of view he was OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.