1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 1, 2016.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

The worst part of the 1st game was the nomad rover, it was tedious hell, and here they dared to try an redeem it by bringing it back, lol. Dumb.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Elaborate please

3. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

From the beginning when you pick what your character looks like, I noticed the models were absolutely trash. I couldnt figure out why an xbox one game looked like 360 models. There is no mini map so going to do missions is annoying because you have to keep pulling up the map to see if youre going the right way.

I also heard havent noticed yet, that the facial animations were atrocious.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Textures are very inconsistent in quality.

I suggest everyone strongly consider using default Ryder faces, way higher quality than any of the presets or the custom faces you can make.

All in all its like an improved DA:Inquisition in the Mass Effect universe so decently solid.

5. Moleb

Moleb Member

There's dozens of professional reviews online that are spoiler free. Mass effect is not a good game. It's very average.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I can read the professional reviews, but would prefer what a regular gamer says.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. Moleb

Moleb Member

Its not a bad game, but its is easily hands down the worst Mass Effect game ever made, and arguably the worst to 2nd worst bioware game created in the past decade. I mean even FF15 scored higher on metacritic lol.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

hmm, maybe they can go backwards and make a prequel with commander shepard, i heard the new characters aren't as cool

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They need the old Bioware staff and writers, the new team seems to be crap unfortunately. Really had my hopes up for this game, sad to see such bad reviews.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

I'll wait a bit to pick up a copy because of the bad reviews.
    i'm sure they'll have a discount on it like the last call of duty.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely troubled by the bad reviews. I've enjoyed this series quite a bit. I will probably hold off on buying the game like others have said. I'm kind of bummed just hearing about it.

12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I picked it up yesterday. After waiting for mass effect for so long, I was pretty much going to play it regardless of the reviews. People are comparing it to inquisition, which I really liked, so we'll see. I don't care much about graphics and facial animations and what not, as long as the combat and story is good. Just have to finish up the last hour on nioh first

DudeWah likes this.
  13. Moleb

Moleb Member

Lol EA & bioware thank you for your $60 donation for a $35 value game.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Wait. Did people not like dragon age inquisition? I loved it. I have 300 hours logged on that game.

I think it's one of the best rpg's ever made actually. Especially in terms of rewarding those who played the earlier titles.

RedRedemption and RedNation like this.
  15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Depends on the individual person I suppose. I like to make decisions about the value after I've played the game myself. If it's a $35 value game to you, that doesn't mean it's a $35 value game for everyone. If it's anything like inquisition, I'll feel like I got my money back, no matter what reviewers or others say.

Also, with the amazon prime discount, it's less than $60, more like $48 :p

#55 RedNation, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    RedRedemption likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Came out just before Witcher 3 and it got lost in its shadow as a result. At release, it was probably the best RPG at the time and reviews were generally good and flaws were only glaring pointed out once the Witcher 3 came out of nowhere and impacted the RPG scene.

ME:A suffers the same fate, Fallout 4 suffered it as well. Its one thing to try to meet the hype of maintaining the quality of a very popular series, its another to try to compete with what people are saying is the best modern RPG we've ever seen.

I will say one thing though, ME:A, Dragon Age, and Fallout seem like they are moving towards too much grey area dialogue/choices rather than having a wider spectrum where you can choose between various archetypes. Its annoying that they are compacting the system into choosing between philosophical grey areas rather than creating dialogue options for people that want black and white options mixed in as well.

The fact that I can't be comically bad/good really limits the replayability factor of these games unlike the earlier BioWare games.

#56 RedRedemption, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I agree that witcher 3 was a great game. It is also in my book as one of the goats. I played the earlier titles as well.

I still think Inquisition is one of the best rpg's ever made. The fact that they carried over almost everything you did in the previous games and made those choices relevant in some way was very well done.

I think bioware learned from the mass effect 3 mistakes.

To clarify, I stopped playing inquisition in January 2015 because I originally bought it on xbox360. I only picked it up again after buying an Xbox one at the end of last year. So I got the complete final product version of the game and I see almost no flaws with it aside from minor gripes.

I think both are two of the best rpg series ever made.

Yung-T, RedNation and RedRedemption like this.
  18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'm a bit disappointed with the review. might not get it afterall.

how is the online play? is it as good as mass effect 3?

19. Moleb

Moleb Member

Yup online play is as good as ME3, note the servers are buggy and laggy. If you have a team with good connections you are good.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Guess I have to buy Inquisition, that's why user reviews are more important that journalism.
    How big is the impact of the decisions you carry over from I&II? No spoilers please, just wanna know whether to play them again or not.