1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Good lord, even the homers in Bay Area radio are criticizing the Warriors for this pathetic display of sniveling.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Fake tough guy wanted a red carpet welcome.

**** that **** you beta b****

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You spit in the faces of your loyal fans. No way they would act this way if he went to Washington or something. Hope he do t win ish ever.

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I hope Durant didn't expect a tribute video when he played against OKC.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The fact that the Warriors floated this out there thinking it would give OKC some sort of PR black eye is hilarious. It just shows how out of touch and SOFT that organization really is.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Warriors; arrogant, entitled team. #LightYears

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steve Kerr disputes Durant report

"I don't agree," Kerr said. "[Thunder GM] Sam Presti's a friend of mine. I know [Thunder chairman] Clay Bennett, it's a class organization all the way. So I don't really pay any attention to a story like that unless there's an actual name that's put on, so, I assume it's just sources? Sources? So I don't know who that is. It's nobody with the Warriors. So, we have great respect for the Thunder. Sam's been a friend of mine forever. They're first class, so I don't know where that comes from."

Kerr said "emotional returns or farewells" in the NBA have become "routine" because "guys get traded, they get cut, they sign elsewhere as free agents."

"It's kind of what makes the whole thing work, it's the connection from the fans, the emotional connection. So that will lead to some tears, some cheers, some boos. A little bit of everything. It's all just part of the game."

Curry also dismissed the report.

"This league is a very interesting place all the way through. Certain stories that don't need to see the light of day, don't need to have any life kind of breathed into them, are somehow the most popular. It's kind of how it goes," he said. "To me it's kind of comical. Just what can be put on a spotlight during an 82-game year, and at the end of the day we're all just trying to win games and enjoy what we do for a living and that's it."

Curry said he wasn't surprised by the story.

"I actually look forward to waking up and seeing what ridiculousness is posted," he said.​

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Did the media make up iggy calling you master or na

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

On KD' legacy its better to be known for a guy who won a ring as a sidekick than to be ringless forever, there's probably people out there who think Irving is better than Nash because Irving is a "winner" whereas Nash never won a ring. Thats just how legacy goes, KG doesn't get mentioned in enough GOAT PF talks because he only won 1 ring and that was with Celtics big 3, if he didn't win that people would have probably dismissed him outright in conversations even if KG is actually neck in neck with Tim Duncan in terms of playing ability and impact on the court.

However when KD made the move to GSW he basically removed himself from being one of the best players in the world in the eyes of the public, LBJ was the same before but the difference is LBJ led the league in mins played and stats produced during his time in Miami, only Kobe stans and dumbasses would say he had it easy when LBJ was averaging a near trip double and 39 mins per game night after night which was why he got 3 straight MVPs there.

KD needed to do the same thing in GSW, he had to prove that GSW needed him to succeed but so far it hasn't seemed that way, in fact GSW looked stronger last year.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Thats because they had Bogut and a good bench last year but since the Warriors wanted to get KD they gave away basically their whole bench just for him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have no problem with how the fans reacted to Durant coming back, but I think the Thunder organization should try to make the atmosphere as hospitable as possible. Even if Durant left them, they have to think of the future free agents. Durant is respected around the league and this stuff gets around.

It's why I respect the Rockets franchise. It Doesn't matter how bad you play or how disrespectful, there is a video waiting for you when you come back to Houston. Not one bad word will be said about you on your way out of Houston even if that player is lobbing insults.

When punk-ass Dwight "chose us", he asked Cato what it was like in Houston, and Cato had nothing but good things to say about the organization. That conversation could have tipped the scales in Rockets favor. When punk-ass Dwight left Houston, he insulted Harden and Morey; not one bad word about Dwight has been uttered. Morey is even on podcasts saying he still loves Dwight. The organization even let his punk-ass into the locker room when he came back to Houston.

AirBud#10 likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

First of all what is the quotation marks with chose? Dwight CHOSE Houston over a host of suitors including Mavericks, Lakers who wanted to keep him and Knicks. Maybe you need a history lesson, a simple google search will show how Dwight CHOSE the Rockets over other teams who wanted him badly, no ifs and buts there.

Secondly Dwight hasn't insulted Harden and Morey at all, he just aired out grievances in public with the team to explain his side of the situation. Houston promised Dwight that he would be a focal point in the offense, is he supposed to be fine when they told him 3 years down that he won't get any offensive plays drawn for him anymore and they just want him to defend and rebound? Dwight was open and honest about what he wanted when he was a free agent, if Houston told him he would be expected to be De Andre Jordan Jr. on the offense then he would have gone to another team, that was really all he said. Dwight has done a lot during his time in Houston, he spearheaded a WCF appearance, he was very involved in the community and when he left he took out a full page ad thanking the entire city for his time there. He even opted out of his contract as soon as it was possible just so Houston will have all the time in the world to look for potential FA targets, obviously Morey and the Rockets organization will say good things about him because his pouting on his final year aside Dwight has been a class act to the organization.

As for KD I'm not sure if people still respect him anymore for his punk ass move, he likes to trash talk but when he goes to someone and starts to throw shade anybody can tell him At least I didn't go and join the team who beat me. What will KD say to that? Nothing I guess, he really acted like a punk ass and on top of that he got injured so w/e.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not reading this.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Of course you won't it's because I'm right and you're wrong.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

shrug* You win.

I have to stay away from my triggers. Punk-ass Dwight is one of them. I can't bring myself to reply and debunk that long ass post. I concede.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That was an interezting interview

Rocket River

17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dwight has been a mental midget for his entire career. Why should anyone give him the benefit of the doubt when he's had coaches fired, fled to other teams multiple times, failed to get it done time and time again, he got called out for being soft by Kobe, then he went on to blame others for being soft. He demands touches in the post yet every time you pass him the ball he gets it stripped, misses a point blank shot, or worse he gets fouled and can't hit a single FT. Dwight is like Shaq except that he can't score or overpower anyone, which makes Dwight about as useful as an ******* on your elbow.

I don't care what Morey "promised" him, either. Dwight has been a mental headcase for every franchise he's ever played for. Atlanta is his last paycheck unless he wants to play for the Knicks, which is certainly possible because no matter how much he sucks the Knicks will still pay him a fortune.

#1477 Tha_Dude, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Dwight leaves the Rockets. Rockets go from 8th seed to the 3rd seed in the west.

Hawks get Dwight, Hawks still suck and are worse than last season despite playing in the crappy east.

Its the Dwight Howard effect. Maybe he just needs more touches and the Hawks would be the best team in the league.

Hahahaha

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I guess that no a superstar would join to the OKC because the city is cold, and small, the fans are more like a group of religion people who love and hate the players so much. Just get a life, do something more meaningful. Overall, NBA is just a game.