1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man, Lou Williams is hot garbage....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Mar 18, 2017.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

power of positive thinking?

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You gotta love it, hehe-Clyde

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

How is it irrational to compare a teams offense and defense proficiency with the player that another was traded for?o_O

It is extremely short sighted only looking at shooting numbers of a player who is expected to create for others when there are multiple stats revealing that holistically there is a significant net gain:rolleyes:

Don't even focus on Corey. We brought Lou in and our net rating increased at that spot by +13.

A difference of 13 net rating is the difference between the healthy Warriors and the Blazers or the Rockets and the Nets.

If you want to consider going from Nets efficiency to the Rockets a problem because of an unrepresentative sample of shooting percentages then be my guest, but please don't try and spread this type of irrationality to others.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am curious if Codman or any other insider knows how the locker room has been since Lou arrived. I can't gauge what kind of locker room guy Lou would be.

5. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Once the post season seeding starts to solidify, we will surely start resting James, Arias, Bev, nene more. Have Lou come out with the second unit more and get that second unit chemistry down.

6. Mr Chuck Norris

What the hell....

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

why you would even care that much to think that matters is puzzling.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

What is puzzling about it. One guy could come in with a sh*t attitude and chemistry can take a hit. Who knows. Maybe there is a reason Gordon's percentage is down.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

bc at the end of the day it doesn't really matter to anyone outside that locker room.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Lou is the only guy besides harden who knows how to throw a nice lob to capela and trezl...invaluable! and hes getting to the FT line with regularity..such a bonus

RudyTBag and DonKnock like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ibaka hasn't exactly been setting the roof on fire in Toronto.

I'd rather have Lou Will and Dekker over Ibaka right now, esp since there's no guarantee Ibaka would resign in Houston.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn. Now thats what I call a Terrence Jones on homeless man style stomping lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Quality assessment. I feel thoroughly educated and would like to thank OP for his remarkable basketball analysis.

Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's been nothing that indicates Lou has a **** attitude though the problem is Lou and Gordon are both adjusting, Lou has been a facilitating pg his entire life now he's been used off the ball whereas EG has been used to being the focal point of the bench offense now he has to split time with Lou Will. It is good that this is happening now though we still have a lot of games to play better for them to jave their identity crisis now than struggle with it later in the playoffs.

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I see you haven't watched many of the recent games, and you haven't noticed that Williams was the Team's top scorer in three games.
    I can't understand why his performance is so erratic from game to game, Possibly he might be better after a summers activity in Houston.
    I hope he makes it. At least he is our second leading scorer, so far,

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

AT LEASE HE'S HOT!

17. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I'm more worried about Gordon. I don't think he's "hot garbage" but he has missed a game here and there with assorted injuries and I wonder if he's not starting to wear down a little. I know D'Antoni doesn't like to rest guys but it's important does what it takes to get to 100% before playoffs start because this team has another gear when he's playing well off the bench.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Did you even read my posts on this matter? Doesn't seem like it all, you seemed to only look at one sentence and create a narrative I never made.

19. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Thanks Mrs. Williams....

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Brilliant basketball mind.

Obviously knows way more than dantoni or morey