1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Sorry but this sounds very "whiny" to me. Now wasn't Durant's contract up meaning that he was a free agent? If so, please explain your definition of the word FREE because to me that meant that KD could go ANYWHERE he so chose. He chose the GSW which, again, was HIS choice and no one else's. It doesn't mean squat that he could have gone to the Wizards giving them 4 All-Stars or that he could have stayed in OKC and kept banging his head against a West "brick" wall because when all is said and done the first thing folks will judge him on is whether or not he won a championship. That's what's held against Barkley, Stockton, Malone and one of my personal favorites, Bob Lanier. All are Basketball HOFers yet all don't have that championship ring so they have to live with that asterisk on their careers. KD wants what LBJ wanted: to win multiple championships and I certainly can't fault him for that. At least he didn't go and slap OKC in the face by announcing his decision with a prime time TV special. Or let me put it another way: as sick a player as James Harden is, how do you think his legacy will read if he stays with the Rox but never wins that ring? At some point ALL great players want that on their resumes.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm fine with Durant leaving. Hell, I love the fact he screwed over OKC fans in the process. That's great. But come on. How do you go to a team that kicked a teammate of yours in the nuts? How do you go to a team that took your 3-1 lead and shoved it up your ass? You know the second that series ended, he told teammates and fans alike "we will get them next year" only to join them. That's the shitty part. Either this was a cold and calculated maneuver, or Durant did this on a spur of the moment type of thing, either way, it doesn't look good on him. But hey, if he gets that ring, he really accomplished something, right? Heck, why doesn't Chuck try and get in shape and join this team too? He could finally get that ring, because that's what really secures your legacy.

ramotadab and Houstunna like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You are just wasting time and words at this point. What is Hillboy said is correct. What you just said (what I quoted) is correct also. It wasn't spur of the moment. He knew everything that would happen and how it would be looked at. He took that trade off for what is probably a ring or two. Or if things went really well 3-4 championships.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ok, I totally agree with you on Chuck and players alike having an asterisk next to their names for not having a title. Here's what I have trouble with. The Warriors, a team that went 73-9, and were literally one game away from winning it all AND setting an amazing record add Durant. They add Durant to ostensibly win one game. One game. How does that one game add to his legacy? If he stays in GS for years to come, maybe it ends up being more and more, but right now we are talking about one game. How do you not put an asterisk next to the title he wins this year? Even by extension next year too? Are they going to win more than that? I don't think so. History also says probably not. So I guess we will see. If he does, then you are spot on.

If Durant and the Warriors don't ruin the NBA, I don't know if I see him doing anything more to add to his legacy than he did in OKC. He's a really talented player, and believe me, I LOVE HIM SCREWING OVER OKC. I LOVE IT. Take that you a**holes who stole the Sonics. I hate OKC almost as much as I hate the Warriors "fan" base.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Durant's ring will mean nothing, absolutely nothing legacy wise.

Rings are valued because somebody led his team to a title, fighting their way through the struggles to come out on top. Joining a team that already won a title, and was an eyelash from being B2B champions proves nothing. Even LeBron and the superfriends actually had to go through struggles and team building, because at least they were starting from scratch. He went though none of the struggles or team building, and they clearly don't need him. He just hopped on for the ride.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Will you try to be a mediator between Russ and KD this weekend, ex-Thunder guard James Harden of the Rockets told SportsCenter: "I'm staying out of it. It's not my place. I'm on a totally different team now. I know them both very well. If they need advice, I will give it to them. But I'm staying out of it."

On what he makes of the Russ-KD feud, ex-Thunder guard James Harden of the Rockets told SportsCenter: "I don't understand what is going on. I don't understand. Obviously, they feel some type of way. It's part of the game. Part of a guy going to a new team."

Richie_Rich and Patience like this.
  8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

hannibal buress asking durant a question during a nba2k tournament in new orleans during all-star weekend:

Richie_Rich, Pen15clubber and Jontro like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Rodman23, da_juice, saleem and 2 others like this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

WHAT DID THEY EXPECT WAS GONNA HAPPEN LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    WELCOME BACK KD THANK YOU FOR DITCHING WHAT YOU BUILT TO THE HISTORICAL TEAM WHOM BOTH OF US BLEW 3-1 LEADS LMFAOOOO.

Ramo$e and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I guess the Warriors feelings, got hurt. :D

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think there is any way Durant Ops Out . .. but if he does. . . I think the Warriors will force him to take a pay cut

Rocket River

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmfaoooo bunch of cupcakes

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I suppose they could've done a video tribute on the jumbotron(like the Rockets did for Parsons), but beyond that, what the hell were they thinking the Thunder organization would do? They hate Durant for bailing on them, particularly the manner in which he did it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Durant a hoe. He should leave next season and go be the man on a team in the east. Have some epic battles with Lebron. Goin to the Warriors was a ****ing joke

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lmfao. Durant is the fakest player in the NBA.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Kevin, sorry we didn't roll out the red carpets and celebrate your time with the team. We were a bit busy trying to pull the knife out of our back after you ditched the team that drafted you and worshiped you in an easy attempt at buying a ring by jumping onto a 70 win team. Eat ****.

Sincerely,
    OKC

Richie_Rich likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Durant and the Warriors are the laughing stock of the league.

Richie_Rich and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member