1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Mar 19, 2017.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Maybe start gordo over ariza. It's small but give gordo arizas shot. See if an ariza, bev, Lou second unit makes some noise

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thread started by a person with Brewer in the name and has only been on here for a year. Yeah, no. Sounds like a Laker fan baiting and trying to convince you that their old player, Lou, deserves Sixth Man.

Gordon is a closer. Lou keeps the scoreboard moving. Both good players and we're lucky to have both. No need to choose sides if you're truly a Rockets fan.

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I can see Gordon b****ing his way out of favor with the team in the offsesson. IMO he thinks his role is diminishing but in this offense only way your role can diminsh is if you go cold from the 3 for an extended amount of time.
    Lou is better at creating offense for himself and Others.. When his shot isnt fallin, he has the ability to get to the free throw line ala James Harden. When Gordon shot aint falling he too busy complaining to refs.. He wants superstar treatment. That ship has sailed 3 years ago.
    But we need both if we expect a serious championship run!

Pen15clubber, hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's truly baffling to me how someone can go from so consistently deadly outside to so consistently mediocre overnight. He was shooting nearly 44% for the first three-ish months, IIRC, and for the previous three, he's shooting in the low 30s. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before. I have to assume there's some kinda injury bothering him, because his struggles lately have lasted far too long to just be a "cold streak".

Ariza of course has cooled off in a major way, too. Those two are probably the difference between our 31-9 start and our current level of play (which is still pretty good, but yeah). Really hope they find the mojo again by playoff time. We have no chance if our shooters don't all show up. They don't have to be hot every single game, but they have to be shooting better than 30% overall...

See above. This isn't what I would call "streakiness". A "streaky" shooter will start a game 0-7 and then make his next four straight. They're not going to be red hot for three months and then ice cold for the next three months.

brewer's goat and da_juice like this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy is going to come up huge in the playoffs and you're going to be eating crow.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think the issue with Lou running the point is that he doesn't look for 3 point shooters. He calls his own number or throws a lob. Bev doesn't do that and neither does Gordon. So we're less dynamic with Lou playing point at the moment, but I trust MDmA when it comes to this stuff.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That third man diving through the pick and roll is interesting
    he sometimes picks the picker's man
    sometimes he just disrupts the rotation

Rocket River

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The only thing that matters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Everyone is only pointing out the obvious our 3 point shooters ariza/gordon are missing more frequently. But our rookies have lost their shooting touch and are slowing losing mins in the rotation, harrell is glued to bench unless nene is resting and dekker lost his 3point shooting.

We not so hot cause our rookies alongside many players can't make a long range bucket to save a life.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

April fools Day is in April not in March just fyi

11. Rocketeer4Life

Not sure why Gordon is criticized when Ariza has been the worst scorer this season who plays the most minutes... The dude is the team's biggest offensive liability and I guarantee you teams will expose this more in the playoffs as they will leave him open most of the time and guard the rest of the team.. He scored 2 pts at 25% last night while playing 34 mins..

Little Bit likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He's the only guy on the roster with any length that can guard the perimeter. His minutes are vital to our success. A lot of good teams make exceptions for guys of Ariza's caliber because they allow for so much defensive flexibility. Shumpert, Roberson, Allen, even Iguodala to a certain extent all fit that mould.

Pen15clubber and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  13. Rocketeer4Life

I agree Ariza is still a defensive asset. But you can't deny that he is an offensive liability in this system of taking as much 3s and outscoring opponents. The players you mentioned are solid defenders but are most if not all better offensive players than Ariza this season. Roberson is probably the only player equal or worse than Ariza offensively in your list. I don't mind Ariza still being in the team next year but should be playing less minutes as the Rockets need to upgrade the 3 spot a priority because Dekker is as bad offensively.

#53 Rocketeer4Life, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Little Bit likes this.
  14. simon_!

simon_! Member

yes, no play is perfect,
    but concerning erics open looks, this one is crucial. (along side harden drive and hook pass to wing, but im seeing less of that either)

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was talking about their career in general, it's true that right now they're in a slump. But even when they're out of that, you'll still see heavy differences from night to night.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

actually bev was becoming pretty good at it right before we acquired Lou...thats why it was perhaps we didnt see Lou being primary ball handler right away

17. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

His 3 points are not good now. What a suck dick boy

Pen15clubber and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He has been disappointing in 2017, no clue what's going on.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Epic post!!!!

20. HTM

HTM Member

People want him to drive more?

He needs to drive occasionally so teams have to respect it but uh, with this dudes injury history... I think it's horrible to have him driving banging bodies and being fouled hard.