1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 3/18/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too close for comfort, but I always worry which Rockets will show up, so wasn't expecting a blowout. That being said, I know how much better we can be, so hope our guys get hot through the last few games. Ariza and Beverley with 5 combined points just isn't enough to give us the offense we need down the stretch. They MUST get more involved offensively when playing over 30 min. When open they need to just go for it, and stop passing it back off. I love the defense those two bring, but we need more from them offensively on a consistent basis. It's been a long time since EG went on a shooting rampage, so I expect to see him in great form down the stretch. We know he has it in him. Let's do this! Go Rockets!

Yaosthirdleg and Tfor3 like this.
  3. threepointshot3

Really interesting watching Nene play right now. What is interesting is that as the season rolls on his play has gotten better and better. The big guy is in great shape and has paced his game amazingly well. You can see he is starting to attack the rim with a bit more zest and power now instead of not going all out and not over extending himself like he did earlier in the season where he was playing it safe. Wily vet indeed.

Harden is Harden. Superstar. Another positive is we won without shooting the 3 at a great clip. In the playoffs we are going to have a plan B if the 3'sa are not falling.

#623 threepointshot3, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

GOAT TEAM

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS!

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I said might. We have a tough schedule coming up, thankfully the Jazz lost. We have a nice cushion for now, I feel a lot more comfortable after tonight.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The magic number is 8 for the 3rd seed with 12 games remaining. And the Jazz still have games remaining at Indiana, LA Clippers, San Antonio, Portland and Golden State and home games against Washington, Portland(don't laugh; they've been playing a lot better), and San Antonio.

In other words, the Rockets would have to all but intentionally hand the 3rd seed to Utah at this point.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this was soooo dominant season for the rockets

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If the 11-12 and 12-13 seasons have taught me anything, it's not to underestimate the Rockets' ability to choke away late season seeding. Like I said, I feel a lot better after Saturday and the chance is extremely slim to none at this point, but the Rockets have some tough games left as well and they haven't exactly been playing fantastic since their godly stretch late last 2016.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No argument there. The Rockets have their share of tough ones remaining as well. But they'd still have to try to give this one away. They have home games remaining with the Nuggets(twice), Pelicans, Thunder, Pistons, and T'Wolves(on the last day of the season when Minnesota will likely have nothing to play for). Those are 6 games where the Rockets will be favored to win and should.

Then you've got road games remaining at the Blazers and Kings. The Rockets should be favored in those(albeit only slightly at Portland who are playing much better lately). That's 8 games right there that if they win would clinch the 3rd seed. And that's assuming Utah wins every remaining game of theirs which ain't gonna happen. Plus it's not like the Rockets can't win at the Clippers and at least split with the Durant-less Warriors.

mfastx likes this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I feel you, unfortunately I could totally see the Rockets not showing up and losing 1 or maybe 2 of those home games, and probably losing in Portland. But I agree that it's a very slim chance if at all.

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

enjoy the ride 4th seed is as good as the 3rd

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

That was an amazing show from Harden, we know who's the MVP. This guy is just outstanding and not getting attention might be in our favor. That dunk by Nene was off the chain :)