1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Denver Announcer Rips Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Mar 19, 2017.

1. dwhite

dwhite Member

Scott Hastings was asked during last night's game telecast what percentage chance Harden had of winning the MVP this year by his co-anchor......."50,60,70,80?" His answer was "0". When pushed on why zero, he said Harden was a worse player than guys like Isiah Thomas so then everyone should be asking their chances as well. What a tool!!!! Harden immediately went on to make him look like the fool he is by scoring the next 16 points and finishing with a 40 point triple double. :)

Williamson, Von Rafer, rm365 and 39 others like this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Did he state why lmao

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Should have been fired on the spot for being a dumbass

4. dwhite

dwhite Member

Just that guys like Thomas, Lebron and Leonard were just as good if not better than Harden and that Westbrook was in a league above everyone else.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

The stupidity of many of these so called "analysts" and guys on TV is really starting to annoy me. Last night there was some guy on NBA TV saying that OKC would beat us in a series because Harden wouldn't be able to guard Westbrook and Westbrook would get him in foul trouble. Seriously? How stupid can these guys be?!? Bev would be guarding Westbrook in that series, not Harden. If Bev gets into foul trouble, then it would be Ariza's turn. After that, we'd probably go with Gordon on Westbrook. These guys are just so damn dumb.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So no real reason

Lawlruschang and Killatron 2000 like this.
  7. awc713

awc713 Member

people love to call out Clyde and Bill (and many times, rightfully so), but there are so many garbage analysts everywhere in this league. the rest of the league seems to get a pass and it blows my mind. the BOS guys are just as bad/homerish as HOU, but no one bats an eye.

#7 awc713, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  8. dwhite

dwhite Member

I found it very odd that literally seconds after being given a zero chance of winning the MVP, he rips off 16 straight points. Remember the question wasn't about who "deserves" the MVP, it was simply about the odds of him getting the MVP. I am pretty sure the line in Vegas is not zero.

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So sad that these guys get to express their opinions to a widespread audience. All it takes is watching "ONE" Rockets game to have a more educated opinion then that.

Oh well.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Harden prolly did the naughty with their S/O's for them to be so salty

11. dwhite

dwhite Member

Hastings is a clone of Tommy Heinsohn if you ever are so misfortunate to have to listen to a Nuggets telecast. Voice is identical and whines and cries about the reffing all night long. He was heard in the background several times saying "you gotta be kidding me" and "this is a joke!"

Pen15clubber and awc713 like this.
  12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Scott Hastings is a shrill homer hack and has been for years. Every time someone rips our guys for being homers, I am shocked, as guys like Hastings and Sean Elliott are 100x worse.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Haters gonna hate. Fukn tool.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Did this actually happen or is this an exaggeration?

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

These guys are getting paid to be stupid. How could u possibly believe that Harden would be Westbrook's primary defender in a potential playoff series? Maybe he thinks that because Harden is now a PG, he'd be guarding the other team's PG. Harden would be guarding a non-threat like Roberson, but I guess something like that just goes over their heads.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Anal...

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I was watching the Denver feed, but I may have stepped away and missed that exchange.

Would be fun if someone could create a video clip of it, with the ensuing 16 straight points. I could see that getting some media attention and helping Harden's chances.

18. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Exactly why I cannot stand to listen to stupidity.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

A career 2.8pts/ 2.2 rebounds guy...

He's on a list of the worst players in the NBA that lucked out being the 3rd string of a championship team.

"At 65 games, he holds the NBA record for most consecutive games without a steal. In reality, that doesn't seem like a very long time, but in Hastings' reality, those 65 games were played over the course of three years."

I think David Letterman had him in the 90s as THE worst player in the NBA.

Interesting to hear one of the worst players in NBA history get his take in on a guy going 29/11/8 and carrying his team to the 3rd best overall record with 0 all stars helping him.

IT has Horford; Kawhi has LMA, LeBron has Love and Irving, Warriors have KD Curry Klay & Green.

20. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I've listen to Boston broadcast when we were playing them before...they're WAY worse when it comes to homerism