1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon Sucks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Mar 19, 2017.

1. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think he's settling too much for contested three's. He's great off the dribble and should drive more often when guys are over playing him like the nuggets were last night. Both him and Lou can put the ball on the floor and I think it opens up the three more for them when defenders are worried about them getting to the basket.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It could just be perception bias but I feel like Gordon has missed a TON of layups over the last few weeks. He has a knack for those in-and-out style rolling layups.

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking the same thing lately, but last night he made a couple.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's taking far fewer shot attempts the past month. although that could partly be due to lou jacking up too many as well. but gordon's shot poorly (34% over the previous 12 games) so maybe he just doesn't want to disrupt the offense with too many bricks.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't like people hating on our team. Saying anyone sucks is just mean. I don't care how bad anyone is, you have to put part of the blame on the coach for the lineups and rotations. He is a good backup. I have been disappointed in his game for awhile now, especially when he takes a ton of shots and throws up bricks, but I don't think he sucks. You also have to realize that none of our players consistently hit the 3's, but the team philosophy is to just hope we hit enough to win. His defense is pretty good, and he has the potential to get red hot. Is he streaky? Yes. Do I like him playing so many minutes when he is cold? No. On that same token, he scores more points than Beverley almost every game. Bev and Ariza had 5 pts between them last night, so to see this post after last night's game just annoys me. Do I hate on Beverley? No, I LOVE his defense, and only wish he would bring more on offense as a starter.

6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, I noticed his shot ratio has gone down, and honestly I like that when he isn't "feeling it". We know his potential, so I won't worry too much, as long as he doesn't take all the shots.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

God this forum has become unbearable with the shitposting. Gordon hit a shooting slump, it happens. He also has to figure out how to play with another new shooter on the team. He will find his rhythm again.

he sucks? really?your thread sucks, you suck

jayfree and charlieaustin like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

If he is really sucking ass, I imagine that's not the best diet for a pro athlete.

9. simon_!

simon_! Member

it doesnt matter, ban the op but keep the thread.

i see how lou took some shots from eric, and thats a given, but i see no plays for his open shot. if he doesnt create shot for himself, it will be well contested and i refuse to belive all the defences got that much better, and that our offence stayed the same.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is the reason I was suspect about Lou Williams it changes Gordon's role.
    D
    D

11. eslate22

eslate22 Member

mike d'antoni needs to have a talk with ego... i'm serious

12. beardsanity713

Everyone made a good point about Lou taking shots from EG and Bev not giving enough on offense with the starters....

MDA should for sure look into that

just start EG with Harden and llet Lou run the 2nd unit with Bev

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ohhh I get it.

Gordon sucks so bad he doesn't even shoot 3s. Lou isn't even a bench player. Anderson isn't even a white guy. MDA can't coach offense. Rockets isn't even the team name. Houston isn't a real city. I'm not even really posting on a fan forum.

seeingred likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I like that we have the Flash. Give the man some break

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this and these people should at least give a proper name to the thread which is more objective and at least in accordance with cf memes ie
    'I have grown to hate such and such....'

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gordon needs to get that percentage back up to 38-40%. 32 isnt going to get it done.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont care i just like that he takes his shots with confidence and isnt scared to go 1-10 taking most difficult shots...its a good TV

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

I wouldn't mind seeing him drive more like Lou does. It may mean he has to take a few mid range shots if they cover the roll man. In the playoffs, good teams can take away the paint and the 3 pt line - we may have to be a little more flexible to get these guys going.

20. Purp8585

Purp8585 Member

Not worried about Gordon i just wish he drive more when his shots not falling..one thing i like to see is let lou Williams be the primary ball handler when harden sits. I love Beverley to death but he sucks at running the offense.

deb4rockets likes this.