1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man, Lou Williams is hot garbage....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fansince80, Mar 18, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Concentrated garbage?

juanm34 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If we get to the finals, we will have played 20+ postseason games to get there. Our shooters will slump in the postseason. The best we can hope for is that they don't all slump at the same time like last postseason

Chamillionaire likes this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not saying he's complete crap, but PER+ppg-rpg-apg isn't telling us anything and the shooting percentages are concerning. No need to deny it. His high ppg/36min isn't worth much when the percentages are abysmal, actually shows he's shooting too much and isn't the best option.

4. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Clutchfans always need someone to rag on. Sorry Lou, it's your turn in the barrel!

Snow Villiers and napalm06 like this.
  5. Chamillionaire

It looks like to me he's just not comfortable yet. He just needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Doesn't really seem like a catch and shoot guy. He's running the second unit and is looking better so I don't see why he wouldn't keep playing better.

He can score, no doubting that.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree and think he'll vastly improve, but currently there are better options, no need for people to act like he's been great.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  7. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Better options?
    Where and who?

Lou is gonna absolutely help the Rockets in the playoffs .
    We are lucky we got him.
    The game slows down in the playoffs.

Teams play a lot of pick and roll and ISO ball after getting the defensive switches they desire .

We now have another guy who can attack and score.
    Another guy that can make the Curry's and Irvings's of the world have to play defense.
    They can't hide those guys on defense against us now.

I'm more concerned about not having another 3/D wing to combine with Ariza.

Scarface281, D-rock, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hot, in garbage's case, is worse.

Heat intensifies smells... good or bad.

Fansince80 likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Already stated that I'm talking about his present performances, not the playoffs. Also said I think he'll improve.

Not sure why you think we're on a different page.

10. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

I have 0 career turnovers in the NBA. Thus I am better than Harden.

#StatsDontLie

11. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

He's a million times better than you armchair boy.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

For those who don't think/realize he is better than Brewer.... you guys are crazy, naive, or just aren't watching. Brewer was one of the worst rotation players in the NBA.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! It amazes me this post even exists. I do agree we need another 3/D wing to combine with Ariza, especially when Anderson sits out. I don't like Lou coming in for Anderson. We need a Harrell type aggressive forward, who can hit the 3's. I would much rather see James take a break, so he isn't too tired to play defense, and let Lou come in for some of those minutes. He is good at penetrating, making the 3's, and passes the ball well inside to the centers. I still think Lou and Gordon should sub for James and Bev, and not for our forwards. Give us that extra rotation at forward Morey!

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If those stats aren't telling you anything, you don't know what they mean or aren't putting them into context.

Those stats don't tell the whole picture, but to say they reveal nothing it ridiculous.

How about this stat:

Brew: Off Rtg - 101
    Lou: Off Rtg - 115

Brew: Def Rtg - 109
    Lou: Def Rtg - 110

14 points better on offense, 1 point worse on defense.

This is insignificant to you?

Deuce, Astrodome, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Other than running like a crazed gazelle that's on fire, Lou Williams is better than Corey Brewer at everything related to basketball. Period.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

wait wait wait - are there actual posters claiming we'd have been better off NOT trading brewer for lou???

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah yes, because comparing him to BREWER shows his true worth? Yes, he contributes more than Corey, but honestly it is hard to not contribute more than Brewer did.

Never said he was worse than Brewer, not sure why you would come up with that comparison. Trying to come up with a fake argument instead of focusing on my points?

Really don't understand the denial here, silly how people come up with PER, PPG or off rtg when the guy shot 34.7 fg% and 30.4% on 3s in March.

But yea guys, acting like everything apparently is fine is the best solution.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[​IMG]

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

This is what I noticed. He needs to shoot off the dribble. Spotting up and shooting doesn't seem to be in his wheel house. It's mikes job to figure out play some that gets him shots the way he likes in the flow of our offense. Otherwise he might just be a guy that is good at converting food to crap.

20. dmoneybangbang

The issue I see is he is working too much off the ball. I am surprised to see Bev handling the ball so much on the second unit. Lou isn't simply a gunner but he was running the offense in LA, was running the offense when he won 6th man of the year off the bench, and he ran the offense when he was playing with Philly too. He's certainly more Kemba Walker than Ricky Rubio but we are doing him a disservice not putting the ball more in his hands to create.