1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cool avatar. @jev5555 Make me one.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Saw it this afternoon. Really liked it. Wasn't perfect, but was a good movie. They did a good job of avoiding the typical and predictable.

That Super Logan was kinda lame, but it wasn't so bad because it wasn't a focal point of the film.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would rather watch any of the Fantastic Four movies than watch Apocalypse again. That was just so, so bad. And I love Fassbender, and like McAvoy and JLaw. And I'm a sucker for superhero movies. So it would have been really easy to get me to like the movie. And yet, I hated it.

Also the CGI was overbearing and just bad.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Ouch. Apocalypse brought me back to the 90s animated series. Wasn't a great movie by any means but better than quite a few of the others in my opinion.... Quicksilver is too school for school.

fba34 likes this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I didn't hate Apocalypse like some did, but it was probably the weakest of the main series after X3.

One thing that bothered the hell out of me was his choice of horseman. Magneto and Storm, OK they are top level beasts, but Pyslocke and Angel... really. And it was a nerfed version of Psylocke at that. Did she actually use any of her Psychic abilities?

Turning Mystique into a true white hat bugged me as well. Fassbender and Magneto were f**king awesome again, he's been the clear highlight of the prequel trilogy.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Angel was turned into Arc Angel, this is pretty true to the comic

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/a/archangel.htm

[​IMG]

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

damn brother, i need to see it again too

9. VanityHalfBlack

Guys, this or Rogue one. Which is better?

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Logan is better IMO. Rogue One's last act is great but almost all of Logan is really good from start to finish.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

one of them isn't as depressing when you see the main characters go. the level of acting is also something else... as the other one grabs your heart and twists it from start to finish.

wolverine is like the first 10 mins of up + grave of the fireflies + toy story 3 put together

12. Bruce

Bruce Member

What they did to Fassbender's Magneto in that movie was a complete travesty. Totally ruined the franchise in my mind.

Haymitch likes this.
  13. Vivid

Vivid Member

Have to go Logan here, and I really liked Rouge One. I wrote a review of Logan, and believe this to be the pinnacle of the X-men franchise. Well acted, and the actions scenes were just brutal. Kind of like The Raid where you couldn't tell if you were enjoying the violence, or just overwhelmed by it.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think it was great, bit of a downer on him not wanting to do Deadpool sequel but def understand. He's been Wolverine forever.

I think the Wolverine series should have been rated R from the beginning... Don't get me wrong it was great, I just think they tried to cram it all into one movie on parts, like over the top since the character was held back for years.

The movie was well done and all, just didn't like the ending since I've had a rough year already and while it's a movie (and not real life) I didn't exactly feel lifted up after it. Just pretty brutal end, Stewart and Jackman were excellent in it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

"You know what happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?"

Ugh. Joss Whedon famously wrote the X1 script and had almost all of it re-written by other people. Here's what he said about that horrible moment with Storm and Toad... I have to transcribe because the site this story is on is blocked at my office:

"It was supposed to be like a throwaway, and she did it like she was King Lear. I was trying to explain what I had written versus the actor who played it. But all people remember is you're the one who wrote that terrible line."

I thought Logan was great. The first half of the movie especially had me leaning toward the screen for every second.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

The movie was alrightttt

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rogue is good, I still have not seen all of it..(I left the movie and came back) and Logan is really on another level.

The difference is what you like most..... a real good spin off or one of the best characters if not the best character of the Xmen universe one last time packaged in a real good movie......

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll give it 8.7/10

Little Wolverine was 10/10. She was bad ass. Logan was bad ass. I'll give him 10/10 too. Think the movie went a little too into elderly care even if that was realistic, and seeing professor taking pills from his pill box for most of the movie felt tired. Felt really bad for the black family, but liked the misfortune. Generally solid all around, but I didn't leave with a sense of being transported into a world I didn't know, and I'm not sure the theme resonated as much as say the xmen's primary message, so can't give it a 9/10.

Think Rogue One had nothing powerful to say either, but it was so much fun I'd give it the nod.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. PhiSlammaJamma

I kept waiting for him to go bad ass at that moment, but he never did, so it was just funny.

daywalker02 and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. Outlier

Outlier Member

Was clone wolverine all cgi??