1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 3/17/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

ISOBall doesn't like D'Antoni? Wait, I thought D'Antoni didn't like ISOBall.

Who stopped liking who first?

Houstunna and alethios like this.
  2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

dantoni doesnt like iso-ball. if he didnt like ISOBall he would be cursed

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Maybe.

Thanks for the support!

4. pocketrocket81

If my math is correct Harden would need to average 20 or more rebounds for the last 13 games to average a triple double for the season and cement his MVP.... just sayin :/

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree!!! Every time he starts throwing in guards for forwards I want to scream, and this 4 guards no center on the court nonsense stinks.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Couldn't catch the game.

Can someone explain to me how Harden had a 41, 11 & 14 yet we still lost?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

• The Rockets bus ride from Baton Rouge to New Orleans delayed the start for several things for several players. "Everything had to be pushed back," Ryan Anderson said ."Every warmup was completely different today. I went to chapel today instead of doing a little bit of warmup before chapel, all this stuff. It's an excuse, it's something we should have played a whole lot better tonight, but it was a factor."
    • The Rockets did shoot 48.9 percent in the second half in the loss to the Pelicans. Houston even outscored them, 62-60, however making just 35.7 percent of their shots in the first half put the visitors in a big hole. "It was too late," James Harden said. "Give a team like that confidence, it's hard to come back especially on their home floor. We gave one up tonight and got to be ready tomorrow."

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It amazes me that people on here dog Lou when he shot better than everyone except Harden. He also isn't even a starter and has the best 3pt percentage, and is good at drawing fouls and passing. He isn't as good at Bev on defense, but neither is Harden. Blame the starters on this one, and the 3 and 4 guard lineups with no defense.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

No defense, starters not showing up with Harden offensively, and guards playing for forwards and centers.

Obito likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's just one games on St Patrciks

Prolly drank too much green beer during the day at Bourbon ST

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. NickKent

NickKent Member

I get the logistics issues, but giving up 68 in the first half really requires giving zero effort whatsoever on defense.

Gakatron and buffalobills!!! like this.
  12. NickKent

NickKent Member

Also is Nene really that valuable to this team? Opposing teams run layup drills when we have Harrell in there.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well this just show how much BS that Harden turnover thing is Holic keeps blabbering about.

3 pt %, defense and then rebounding. Rox need to worry about those three first before anything else.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Nene is going to be HUGE for us in the Playoffs.

He needs to be as well rested and as healthy as possible for then.

alethios likes this.
  15. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

WTF, The Rockets lost.... How and Why?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It was super nice of us to help keep gentry's job

17. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

I'll allow it. It's just one game. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Harden at least showed up, but he's losing the MVP here with stats producing not winning...As a team not mixing it up and hoisting threes when opponents clearly guard it well, is just idiotic. Our strategy is flawed, but we going to keep at it like stubborn little kids. Great coaches adapt in the play-offs, I still doubt MDA is a great coach. He's solid, but relies on Harden still too much for us to win.

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Lou Williams is overrated. There's a reason he's bounced around so much. Trade was iffy when I first heard of it

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Loved the Brooks-Scola-Kevin Martin teams. They were always on the fringes of the playoffs but you knew they were hustling and playing hard every game and had a chance against every team. This team seems like a bunch of lazy jumpshooters that just hoist up 3's that go in sometimes and not much else. Not sure why it was more exciting and fun rooting for those terrible 14th pick seasons but they formed a special part of my memory of the Rockets