1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He joined the Nets because it accomplishes 2 goals for him, getting paid the highest salary that he was offered and getting to start.
    He's not trying to win a title or be part of special team that can win a title.

2. tinman

Supporting Member

They slowly reveal themselves and get terminated
    judgement day will come for them

toycannon likes this.
  3. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Watched that Knicks game yesterday and while Lin didn't shoot the ball well, they gave him the game ball after the win. The Nets like him, Atkinson said not having him while he was injured hurt their record, not having a PG that could organize their offense. Levert also said having Lin back was a big help because Lin directs him to the spots he should be in. I think he's found a home in Brooklyn.

4. kanariya

kanariya Member

Lin MVP confirmed

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. toycannon

toycannon Member

I agree, but if you were Lin would you have not done the same?

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Nets give out game balls after wins? Haven't heard of the Rockets doing that.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

If you are not an elite player, of course.
    If you are an elite player like Harden or Kevin Durant, LeBron etc it doesn't matter to you.
    LeBron took a cut to join Miami and KD for the Warriors.

The issue here is that we have LOFs who idolize him in the same level as LeBron but they do so not because of basketball reasons.
    They will argue that it is his basketball skill that is making them join all these basketball forums, but truly it is not.

If LeBron was from a foreign country, it wouldn't matter. MVPs and championships translates to basketball reasons.
    Same with Yao Ming, sure we had cultural thing at the beginning, but after that he was an all star and proved himself to be one of the great centers of his time.

Look why the LOF are bumping this thread, it's because they are screaming for attention . They say it's for him, but it's for them.

Look at the GARM, you don't need to scream attention for Harden, he plays basically every game and he's fantastic almost every game.

toycannon likes this.
  8. toycannon

toycannon Member

Many of Lin's fans can be quite annoying and don't have much basketball IQ, but I believe they are all gone from Clutch now.

I believe another poster mention that Lin is a good basketball player with the right team and system, but he is not a Westbrook or even a Rose but not some zero skilled guy that does not belong in the NBA. His Nets teammates like the ones with the Hornets seems to have high praise for him as a players and leader.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Have you not read this thread at all?

Yoeddy has even stated he's not a Rockets fan even though he's trying to be slick and put Hakeem as his avatar to hide that
    the Rookie status guy on this thread is not a Rockets fan, he immediately bumped this dead thread

HayesisBack is not a Rockets fan, but he's been terminated

Til all are gone pal, ALL ARE GONE

10. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Why are you talking about Lin like he is from a foreign country?

11. yoeddy

I think he doesn't include me in the ones that are "quite annoying". And I did not "bump a dead thread". I didn't post here while Jeremy was injured. When he came back, I checked the thread and there was activity on it, so I joined in. It was most definitely alive.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Palo Alto is a foreign country where rich tech kids live in extreme wealth and some have cults of religious fanatics cause there's no drama there except someone not making into Stanford and settling for Berkley.

13. yoeddy

Isaiah Thomas will miss tonight's game against Jeremy Lin and the Nets. Looks like we'll have to wait til April 10 to see the matchup.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

who bumped it? it's pretty easy to see who did.

also why do you not engage with other LOFs here? I don't remember you talking to HayesisBack before got the axe

15. yoeddy

Palo Alto in the 1980s was nothing like that.

16. yoeddy

You were the most active poster before I jumped back in.

I mostly engage on points that I disagree with. No sense in debating people who have the same POV as I do. For enjoying the game with fellow Lin fans, I post on Facebook.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

That's because my mission to eliminate all LOFs from Clutchfans is a mission that must be completed.

Clutchfans is for Rockets fans only.

18. yoeddy

If you are successful, what happens then?

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Rockets fans can talk normally amongst OURSELVES about topics just like all the other threads on this board.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

you said it all LOF are the same, they have the same point of view.

All Rockets fans don't have the same point of view, they have different opinions on the team and how it could be better or worse.
    It's a true community, not like the LOFs. We a real history and our history will continue. Lin's career can be over, the Rockets will continue to play every year .

That's why we build discussion boards and many topics.