1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The only people who want Tony Romo to the Texans to happen are idiot Texans fans who don't understand the consequence of multiple axial skeletal injuries, Dallas fans who want to be rid of the contract while taking assets back, and general NFL fans that want to witness the trainwreck in Houston just the same as people who like watching other peoples' houses burn.

J.R. likes this.
  2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The collarbone is the only thing that's worrisome...the other injuries were a fluke and not really an issue moving forward.

Hey Now! and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This, underlined a thousand times.

Tony Romo is healthy, fully, 100%. There is NOTHING wrong with him. He's been cleared to play since early November; he's essentially spent the past five months resting.

There are no guarantees at 37; it could all end tomorrow - but he's healthy and has about half the miles of MOST 37-year old QBs who have been full-time starters.

Yaosthirdleg and rezdawg like this.
  4. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Honestly, its not like people have been sitting here dreaming of getting Romo (at least most ppl). But when a QB who, you know, can actually pass the ball becomes available we HAVE to be interested. Especially with the team we have who needs to win now. I am all for getting whatever QB we can find that can be effective. Unfortunately, there arent alot of those around tbh and the draft is a crap shoot. If you can get Romo on an incentive based contract, then why the hell not? What are the other options? Savage??? Jimmy G?? Didnt he get injured in like his first start ever? Get Romo, draft a young guy you like and go for it. I dont see what else we could do, unless swing a risky trade for a guy like Teddy B or god forbid sign Cutler.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1763541-texans-working-when-no-one-notices

Yaosthirdleg and Kim like this.
  6. Hey Now!

I think this is an unconditionally good idea. You roll the dice on Romo's upside (which is quite high) and ride him for as long as possible. Keep Savage as a viable back-up OR, if you can flip him for an asset, do it. Weeden would suffice in a pinch. And then draft a guy and let him sit & learn. Next year, he can be your back-up; year 3 he's ready to start full-time.

That's a GOOD plan.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That's the plan we should follow.

Mahomes is literally the perfect candidate for this plan. Seriously.

Unless you are hell-bent on getting a right tackle in the first, which I'm fine with, Mahomes is the perfect first round pick. That's why so many places have him mocked here.

Mahomes in the first and get a right tackle in the second.

Yaosthirdleg and Wattafan like this.
  8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I think Mahomes is only figuratively the perfect first round pick, maybe even metaphorically.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nope. He's THE personification of what should be our first round pick this year.

Fixed.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Nah, now I'm thinking he's just hyperbolically the perfect first round pick.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe if they get Romo. If they don't get Romo, Deshaun is the perfect candidate.

Why, you say, am I bringing up an old Deshaun vs Mahomes argument from another thread. Well what else are we going to do here. We got nothing else to talk about lol

12. Hey Now!

I unfortunately think we're going to see a slew of teams possibly follow this direction, especially since this is the perfect QB class to stash a guy away for a year or three. Among the candidates: San Diego at 7; Buffalo at 10; New Orleans at 11; Arizona at 13; Baltimore at 16; Denver at 20; Giants at 23... And i think Kansas City at 27 will grab one if any fall, impacting the second round. As will the Pats, I think, if they wind up at 32.

I'll be shocked if a viable QB falls to 25.

mikol13 likes this.
  13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Mahomes in the first round OR Webb in the 3rd along with two starters (OL, CB) with your 1st and 2nd pick?

Honestly, if Romo is likely then I think I go with the Webb option.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Trade Weeden for Romo, we take the contract, they don't need to find a backup.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just watched an analysis on Pat Mahomes by Bucky Brooks and Co. NFL comparison: Jay Cutler.... HAHAHA. Now lets see all the people that were hating on Cutler but begging for Mahomes.

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is fake news. Vertebral column injuries are always an issue moving forward.

18. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yeah I could see that happening. The good news is that either Bolles, Robinson or Ramczyk will still be on the board at 25.

If the Texans are adamant about getting a qb in the first and see "their guy" falling they better be prepared to trade up and grab him or they will risk getting Garoppolo'ed again.

19. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I like this. Bolles, Ramcyzk, Cam are tough too pass on. Justin Evans, Buddah Baker, Desmond King should all be there in the 2nd. There will be DB's with second rd grades in the 4th round

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Get the feeling Peterman will be more of BOB's type.