1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the absence of news, I'm throwing out a theory...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Romo will make it difficult for Jones to keep him on that roster. All he has to do is say " I think i should be the starter, and their should be a QB competition. The distraction starts.............

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans have NO interest in Cutler.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Jerrah is showing all his players and potential FAs that he's petty and only cares about himself. Good job sullying your brand Jerrah, keep it up.

Meanwhile, Bob is/will hire AJ80 and has been very loyal to deserving players.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No; the major difference is that one is good, the other is not.

Yes; by all means, let's make a bad decision because any decision is better than no decision........

And yes, if you sign Cutler and THEN Romo is let go and he really wanted to play for the Texans, that will hurt because you would have allowed impatience to dictate a path forward, rather than choosing the best path for your organization.

This is why fans don't run teams; they would be incredibly terrible at it.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not Clutchfans.

macho GRANDE and Nimo like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Like trading draft picks when they don't need to!

7. Hey Now!

I stand by my contention that securing an asset you want, on your schedule, has greater value than a late round pick. ESPECIALLY if any plans to move forward are being held hostage by the Cowboys. It drives me BONKERS that they're being so passive about this.

8. justtxyank

A fourth round pick is not a late round pick.

rmoreno likes this.
  9. Hey Now!

They have two now; I'd do it. You're telling me the potential 4th round pick is going to have a greater impact on the '17 Texans than Tony Romo?

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

You can argue this all you want, homie....BUT my opinion won't change...either one is an upgrade compared to what they had in the past, which is my point.

Waiting on one only to lose out on both is hilariously stupid.

Funny how you keep glossing over that.

Teams attempting to actually improve don't wait....they make isht happen.

Complacent, 'more of the same' mentality, waits.

And again, signing Cutler IS AN UPGRADE, so even if your above scenario happened....and?! They upgraded.

They would now have a QB that can throw TD's and utilize the great talent around him.

Boo hoo.

Romo (stat wise) is better than Cutler, but Cutler is better than anything you have ever had.......EVER!

Trading for Romo isn't worth it, so obviously waiting out Jerry makes sense on the surface, BUT, when you fall into Jerry's trap and Romo signs with Denver anyway, Cutler is gone and your only option is going backwards to sign Ryan Fitzpatrick....smh....

More of the same...LITERALLY.

You might be good with that, I'm not.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. justtxyank

I'm telling you don't trade something useful when you don't have to

12. justtxyank

Cutler has natural talent, but I'm not sure he's ever had a season better than peak schaub believe it or not

13. Hey Now!

This is why you can't "yeah but" Romo v. Cutler; they are not equal - Romo is significantly better and if they can't land him, they'd be better off giving Savage his shot.

Objectively absurd.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  14. Hey Now!

You MIGHT have to... Again, a trade removes any uncertainty. You can accelerate your offseason plans, you don't have to compete on the open market....... there are tremendous advantages. I mean, would you advocate.... not trading up to get the QB you want in the draft because he MIGHT be there when you pick in round 2?...... If you see a guy you want, you go get him and leave nothing to chance, IMO.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Why not throw a 7th at them? I mean right now they are getting nothing. At least Jerry could say he got SOMEthing for Romo.

16. liveguy

liveguy Member

I wouldn't doubt that at all.

Peak Schaub was actually really good.

But when he fell off, he fell WAYYYYY off.

17. liveguy

liveguy Member

No.
    And, no.

18. Hey Now!

I'm not going to engage with someone who thinks '17 Jay Cutler is better than '09-'12 Matt Schaub.

19. Hey Now!

I'm not overly concerned with cost... sure, throw a 7 - whatever. I just think it's silly to not actively pursue a trade. I wouldn't think twice about dealing a 5-7, and I probably wouldn't hesitate to deal a 4. Not only would Tony Romo be significantly better than any rookie you might nab in those spots but what are you going to do if another team jumps in a deals for him and/or you lose him on the open market? What's plan B here? Jay Cutler? Tom Savage? A rookie? Honestly, if THOSE are your choices, you should've kept Osweiler to see if he'd make any progress in year 2.

At this point, the Texans are all-in on Romo and they better make damn sure they don't screw it up because the alternatives are not f---ing good. At all.

20. liveguy

liveguy Member

LOL.....*sad face*

One last thing, then we're done here.....

'17 Cutler > David Carr
    '17 Cutler > Sage Rosenfells
    '17 Cutler > TJ Yates
    '17 Cutler > Case Keenum
    '17 Cutler > Ryan Fitzpatrick
    '17 Cutler > Ryan Mallet
    '17 Cutler > Tom Savage
    '17 Cutler > Brandon Weeden
    '17 Cutler > Bryan Hoyer
    '17 Cutler < '09 ,'10 Matt Schaub
    '17 Cutler = '07, '08, '11, '12 Matt Schaub
    '17 Cutler >>>>> '13 Matt Schaub
    '17 Cutler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brock Osweiller

Keep ignoring the obvious if you want to, but anyone down since inception knows the real deal.

Texans have had mostly Yugo's at QB during it's existence, and now they have a chance at a Audi with no down payment...but they wanna hold out for the used Porsche Boxter, $20,000 down payment 18.5% APR.

And, of course, when the Porsche and the Audi are both off the market, and they own neither, guess what they'll be left with....yup, you guessed it.....the Yugo....again.

You like Romo better...cool.

Makes no difference to me if they have Romo or Cutler...in both instances, they have improved.

To me...getting Cutler after having Brock is like going from Whoopie Goldberg to Halle Berry.

The MASSIVE upgrade.....stop denying it.

Good day, sir.