1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Except they do have something to lose by bringing in a guy with a history of locker room problems (even if some say that the others are lying.....kind of indicating a divided locker room)

With Cutler it's not just that he's awful at football.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I know I got you, it's okay though. I know lots of "Texans fans" that actually bandwagon the Cowboys whenever they are halfway decent.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When the discussion of Romo initially came up here, you were the first in line to argue against having him on the Texans. If the Texans ever sign Cutler, you'll soon realize that your initial thought was a terrible one, per the usual. But, you'll either do and say whatever it takes to try to make yourself sound right, despite the evidence suggesting otherwise... Or you'll claim "new information".

mario_v and justtxyank like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I was, because it's a really risky thing. I then later thought about it and realized that while not a really great idea, it's the best idea available so now I've made my peace with it. Since the options are Romo, Savage, a random rookie, or the other flunkies who are FA QB's.....well, Romo by comparison is awesome and not that risky.

As to Cutler, if the Texans get stuck with him, I'll hope for the best while expecting very little. If he does something with the benefit of the doubt I'll give him, then I'll say it was a good thing bringing him in, if he's garbage I'll say he was garbage.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The Cowboys haven't been a title contender since the Texans have been in existence.

panamamyers likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but every time they rub 2 or 3 wins together in a row the Cowboys are talked about as if they are a title contender. They are one of the most consistently overrated teams in the NFL.

7. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I don't understand why people are against getting Romo. We should be drafting a qb in the first 2 rounds regardless, but Romo gives us the best chance to win this year if he stays healthy. If he doesn't we still drafted for he future.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, Dallas was forced into starting a rookie QB. But turns out, the team they had built for Romo worked just as well for Prescott. Who would have thought?

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They were a contender this year

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

#1070 mick fry, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

[​IMG]

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  12. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Haha
    Not even close.

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We were pretend contenders. We faked it as long as we could.

houstonstime likes this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He's inexplicably talking about the Cowboys. We now live in a world where a team that went 13-3 is not a contender, apparently. And! Are second fiddle to a perpetual 9-7 team led by Brock Osweiler.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone but how can you claim they were not title contenders. You don't go 13-3, enter as the number 1 seed, and are a fluke. They just happened to lose to a red hot Aaron Rogers. A field goal away and they are playing in the NFC title.

16. justtxyank

Seriously, can't believe it has to be argued that the cowboys were contenders. Not only 13-3 with a first round bye, the advanced metrics had them as the best team. They lost a shootout to a red hot quarterback, largely thanks to an impossible sideline catch.

If they weren't contenders this year, then the Texans have been bottom feeders every year

17. Surfguy

I guess it's all in how you see it. If you look at it more objectively, then they were contenders. But, no one was expecting two rookies to take this team to a Super Bowl...especially with that defense. They fizzled in the tough game like usual and they have a history of doing that regardless of how good the team is. But, now that we have turned the page on the Romo era and found a strong rookie QB of the future with Zeke as well, I like our foundation going forward. But, it wouldn't shock me if Jerry f-ed it up even then.

18. justtxyank

Fizzled in the tough game? They played one of the best playoff games of all time and lost an epic shootout against the games best gunslinger on a miracle sideline last gasp.

They didn't fizzle.

19. Surfguy

You call it what you want. They were in a huge hole because they didn't show up in the first half. They showed up in the second half and their comeback attempt fizzled. I'm not saying it wasn't a great game to watch but they still came up short.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It's not like the Cowboys are doing anything with cap space.. Watch Jerry just keep Romo as a backup lol