1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Another Romo thread] Romo vs QB: What's more likely?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by kevC, Mar 15, 2017.

?

What's more likely?

1. A rookie QB contributing enough on year one to make the Texans a contender

37.5%
  2. Tony Romo staying healthy and producing for a whole year

62.5%
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This probably doesn't deserve a new thread but I feel this is a fundamental question we should ask ourselves when considering the Texans QB situation and I am genuinely curious to see what the board thinks. I am split on it myself.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I consider both to be unlikely, but I guess if I have to choose one I'll go with Romo being healthy. But to be clear I'm not saying I expect that to happen.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Whoops thread title should be "vs. Rookie QB".

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think a healthy Tony Romo makes the team more of a contender regardless of how well the rookie plays. I'll take a healthy Romo with a rookie understudy.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I want to say both of those wont happen, but as we all know, Romo/We are in this situation because one did happen. Still Im going to say both of them wont happen and Im praying for the first option.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's very little chance Romo could stay healthy for a full season and almost no chance that any rookie from this class would be able to contribute to the team in the first year at all......so by that, Romo wins by default.

Fullcourt and raining threes like this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anything could happen with a beefed up offensive line.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, with a beefed up O line Romo will have a much better chance to make it through the season, but even then I don't think it's terribly likely. It just happens to be the best option.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I was leaning more toward rookie QB, but yeah.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh well I flat out disagree there, this is a garbage QB class and as long as BOB is the head coach even the best rookie QB's will struggle even under perfect situations based only on the requirements of his system. None of the players considered the top guys in the QB class would stand a chance of even being halfway decent. It would absolutely take a miracle.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we're talking about your guy, does my homie even know how to take snaps from behind the center?

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can Watson? Can Trubisky? I am confident that he is currently learning how and will especially under pressure. No better training than "on the job" training, right?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're just making my case here though. This is an awful QB class, none of these guys have any business starting in the NFL this season no matter who they play for......and just about the worst possible spot would be playing for BOB.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still nothing wrong with bringing him in and allowing him to compete. Start Savage if he's not ready.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing wrong with it would be that he probably won't be available at 25 and if he is, the team has a greater need at OT than rolling the dice on another project QB that wouldn't play this season. That's really the only thing I have against the idea, it's sort of giving up on this season or rather prioritizing some unknown season in the future over the now.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Neither are likely. I would expect Romo to go down at some point but hopefully it won't be serious so he can be there for the playoffs.