1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh no don't misunderstand, those were attempts to get better, but what did they do? So far nothing, and those were the best things available. What I'm saying is that some times the best thing available still doesn't help and that if that best thing available doesn't work out don't do something just to say you did something.

When it comes to be "liking Brock", you've been listening to trolls too much. Last year the narrative was that I was a huge Brock fan, the year before the troll narrative was that I was a huge Mallett fan, the year before the narrative was that I was a huge Fitz fan.....those morons come up with something new every year. The truth is that I liked the move at the time for what it was, a bold attempt to fix a problem after several seasons of kicking the can by picking up retreads. Obviously his performance never lived up to what he was able to do in Denver with better coaching so the move was a bust.

When you say they don't draft QB's, that's not entirely true, they drafted Savage, he just wasn't the QB that the board wanted them to draft that season and he hasn't amounted to anything.....but it worked out better than if they had taken a chance on one of the many busts that season. How would we be feeling right now if we had picked Bortles, Manziel, or Bridgewater instead of Clowney? i mean, we had numerous people on this board that were calling for exactly that to happen and all 3 QB's ended up being total busts so all we'd have done was hurt the defense by making that move. Hell the only QB in that class that ended up being worth a damn is Derek Carr....and as a Carr supporter, I don't remember many agreeing with me before the draft.

I'm for taking risks when it's smart to take risks, not doing things just to do them.

lnchan likes this.
  2. vick

vick Member

I felt the same way when the Rockets got the Lakers to take Corey Brewer.

Rizzy likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

By the logic of drafting based on position over talent led to JAX to draft BLAINE SUNSHINE GABBERT ahead of JJ WATT...

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well they said the Brock deal last year was terrible and they were right

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol i don't even know what we are debating because i agree with most of this. I think Carr was the only realistic one we missed out on so I can't say I'm that upset on their qb chases. I was on the Carr Wagon as well

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...t-pick-thread-3-0.254050/page-38#post-8950168

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-draft-day-thread.254488/page-38#post-8952812

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...995418.php?t=465aa36964&cmpid=twitter-premium

8. conquistador#11

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/13/nfl-free-agency-patriots-browns-49ers-peter-king

from Peter King

“It’s a precedent-setter,” Smith said. “It’s unique. I don’t know if it means trades are going to be different going forward. It took some imagination, some cooperation. But it fit the concept of a trade that helped both teams.”

Sashi and I started talking, and he’s an intelligent guy,” Smith said Saturday evening. “He and I have been friends for years. We got to thinking about an out-of-the-box concept. It took some creativity and some courage. We got together a couple times at the combine, then we talked more on the phone after that. You try to find equitable value.”

Fullcourt and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dumb take?:

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If they can turn him into another draft pick, I think that ultimately has more value to them. If they can't trade him, though - I don't know why they wouldn't at least bring him to camp - unless Osweiler's reputation throughout the NFL has been burned beyond recognition and they want no part of him.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I cannot believe I missed this bit of news. I'd heard the Tony Romo thing, but somehow the talking heads had gotten past Osweiler's being traded. So I literally did not know until now that yes, there is always another stupid team to take away your headache.

T H A N K
    Y O U
    G O D

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Carr, I think makes a fairly valid point: there's almost no way - if this offense is as complicated as they say - that BOB (or fans) should expect the team to pick it up with efficiency. From the article:
    One thing that troubles me - he said there's not a lot of flexibility with BOB's system... didn't he change it on the fly to accommodate Keenum late in 2014? I always thought BOB was committed to mixing/matching his system to team strengths and opponents' weaknesses? If not, that's disappointing.....

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

wow to be cucked by his little brother, as a lesser man.

David should be ashamed of himself.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Oh, he is. Mainly for his "play" on the field rather than this comment on brock.