1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 World Baseball Classic

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by samtaylor, Feb 8, 2017.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Odor is a shitbag. Right or wrong, Bregman can blast Rangers' players all day long.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  2. ths balla

ths balla Member

Bregman called him out bc he bat flipped on a single he thought was a HR lol Most articles have actually praised him for calling Odor out on it and wished he would of kept the tweet.

3. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Could Puerto Rico actually win this thang?

4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Beltran rocking a blonde beard

Mr.Pringles likes this.
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Yeah, there is a big difference celebrating to the point it costs you bases.

I did think Correa went overboard for what wasn't a walk off HR though, but he is a 22 year old who has handled himself incredibly well over his youth, while Odor is a walking talking POS.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He really has, but whats funny to me is that he was way more respectful pre-stateside. He was such a humble kid getting drafted, saying the right things, putting his head down and working. I guess the American swag/attitude has rubbed off on him along with the money and fame. One thing that comes to mind is the champagne on Buster Olney during the wildcard playoff celebration. I dont think the younger Correa would have ever thought to even think about doing that. Overall still a great kid though.

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't think Odor deserves that much criticism for the flip -- even though I do hate him. He just had what would be the game-winning hit and celebrated it. It's not like he bat flipped on a single in the 1st inning.

Still hate the guy though.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

no look tag is badass

9. juicystream

He deserves it because he only made it to 1B. If it was a walk-off, it would be different. Bregman clarified it wasn't about the flip, but instead hurting his team by watching the ball.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

its funny how much pride the latino players have playing for their country versus the USA players. Shows you how much baseball and national pride really means to them. Its been amazing to watch!

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Or maybe most of the American players realize this is just Spring Training and the real baseball starts in a few weeks.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

bregman 2 hits and a walk tonight, in a ballsy comeback win over Venezuela. LETS GO!!! (Sorry tuve I love you)

13. newAge_Rockets

And let's give some love to Luke Greg. He made it a little dicey (as usual) but he came through. Great win, can't wait for Friday! I haven't really seen Beltran/Correa play yet.

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

There's still a big sense of pride nonetheless when country is on their chest. My theory of why the Latin players are so excited and riled up is because this is their Olympics. They can show up for their country in their respected sport and represent it well. I personally like the all the hype and competition.

Rockets Pride likes this.
  15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I love it. I love bat flips. I would have killed to put down a tag at 2B in a big game and already be celebrating before the tag is down. That's just fantastic. The Latin players seem to be having a ton of fun....I think MLB could scrap some "unwritten rules" and afford some more fun.

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Bregman is going to have a pretty monster year. He might be better than correa.

jnuge90 and eric.81 like this.
  17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I hope you're right... only because I think that Correa is going to be an absolute BEAST. If Bregman exceeds my expectations for Correa, the Astros will be very good. For a long time.

18. juicystream

They should. Bryce Harper is right about that. If Odor's ball had gone over the fence, it would be a different story. I don't want to see Correa's bat flip, but I enjoy some swag.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The level of play has been pretty good. Guys giving max effort. AB's having a playoff-like build up.

I like the momentum this creates. I hope it takes off and some of the better players start to participate.

MLB is supporting the hell out of it. They realize some of the staleness of the sport and long regular season are not going to get new fans into the game.

20. awc713

awc713 Member

The Mexico/Adrian Gonzalez subplot is really interesting.

Gonzo bashed WBC on twitter. Apparently there was a misapplication of the rules, and Venezuela advanced over Mexico because of some BS technicality that was mis-applied. I agree with Gonzalez here.