1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jay Cutler wants to play for the Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mick fry, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I'm on board.

Plowman likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wouldn't work out with this coach. It's just a fight waiting to happen

mikol13, RasaqBoi and macho GRANDE like this.
  4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Exactly what I said earlier in this thread...the guy gets more crap for no reason than anyone Ive ever seen. The only people who truly hate on him are the ones that fall for the media narratives about him. Watch him play and he has an all-world arm, but comes with a weird personality. If you don't want him as a QB because of his personality and how he'd mesh with the coaches, that's one thing. But if you think he could manage to work it out personality wise, he could come at a bargain price and help this team more than most people know.

I prefer a handful of QBs to Cutler, but if we strike out on all those other options, I'd be happy to give it a shot with Jay.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Hes better than what we have had the past three years but I would be pretty reluctant

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Quite the contrary, I think Jay and BoB would get along swimmingly, they're birds of the same feather. And after the false bravado of that wooden cowboy, the local media deserves a guy that won't give them perfect little soundbytes. Plus Cutler has actual talent which I think was why Assweiler and BoB didn't get along, arguments about execution shouldn't be as frequent. Sign Jay, draft Cam Robinson in the first

Yaosthirdleg and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Cutler's big problem is the same as Osweiler's- Cutler is a slow-thinker.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Like most people in here I would rather have Romo but not at a price that is going to hamper other signings that we need. I'm afraid there is going to be a team other than Denver that comes out and throws a rediculous number at Romo that we have no business matching. Smith needs to get with the Cowboys and let them know we are done waiting and fixing to make a move and if Cutler is willing to sign at a decent salary then go ahead and do the deal.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. rezdawg

Brother in law just sent me a text that Cutler is visiting the Texans. Didn't even search for it, just came straight here for confirmation lol.

Edit: can't find anything about it... Not sure if he's ****ing with me.

#150 rezdawg, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    macho GRANDE and mick fry like this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Does your BIL happen to be a barber?? Because if not, this is fake news.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. rezdawg

Vegas has Texans as the favorites to land Cutler, so I wasnt sure. Seems fake though.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Jay Cutler is a perfect fit on the Jets. Failure is pretty much expected.

14. Major

Major Member

Why does Dallas care, though? If anything, given the "rivalry" between the two cities, I'd imagine Dallas would prefer he go to Denver in the end. If they've already decided he's not going to get traded, they might just try to wait as long as they can to release him and hope the Texans go another route instead of taking the risk.

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Confirmed. Bballholic is Rezdawgs brother in law.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just on the off chance that Jones did want to do right by Romo if he expressed he would really like to go to Houston.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The longer the Romo thing drags out, the more I want the Texans to just sign Cutler. Honestly. It wouldn't be that bad. As others have said, he gets a bad rap with the media and Bears fans.

I think he'd be loved in Houston, and I think his personality would be fine here.

Plus, you can sign him for three years or so, on the cheap. It would allow you to address right tackle in the first then. Draft a QB next year, in a supposedly stronger draft.

Just do it already, Rick.

Cutler's younger, better arm, and more mobile anyways. Plus, he's not as fragile. His stats aren't as good, but he's played for worse teams. He'll throw less picks than Osweiler at least.

Red.Glare and macho GRANDE like this.
  18. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

If Romo doesn't come here give cutler a 1 year deal and draft a qb and see how cutler does. Can't be worse than our last 3 qbs.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Unless of course Cutler plays like he did last season....then he could be worse than our last 3 QB's.

I know, I know, we're supposed to ignore last season and focus only on the times in the past where Cutler was a kind of decent QB and certainly not the times where he led the league in interceptions.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No, people are just more realistic and choose to believe that he was affected by paying behind a putrid line, and playing injured.

rezdawg likes this.