1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Raymon Sessions also had a fluke run like lin and he came back to earth to. Law of averages always wins out and role players revert back to there talent level.

BarkleyHater84 likes this.
  2. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

e
    Just stop it idiot. Avery Bradley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lin. Lin fans are comical

3. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

LOL it's not just stats, Thomas is a lot more skilled then Lin. It is clowns like you who make people dislike LOF's lol

4. riko

riko Member

So wait a minute, now Lin is being mentioned in the same sentence as Isiah Thomas by some homies?:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To his defense, he's not a Rockets fan, he only joined Clutchfans because there is an 'interesting discussion' about Lin.

It's like if I'm vegetarian, I'd like to join a BBQ group because they have 'interesting discussions' about coleslaw.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Forgive him, he didn't join when the rest of the Lin fans thought Lin was better than Harden, Sam Cassell, Steve Nash, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not buying this story that you are not aware of Boston or Thomas's success after you say you are in the East Coast, a Nets fan.
    Yet you are somehow find Clutchfans, a board for die hard Rockets fans, and pinpoint a Jeremy Lin thread which is suppose to be a discussion of Lin by Rockets fans.

I'm sure there's an interesting discussion about James Harden the Lakers board, but no Rockets fan would join an entire community just to 'talk' about Harden.

Or you mean try to oppose their views when they are against yours.

There are universal boards about every team like Hoopshype or realgm or ESPN. that encompasses all fans. Team boards were meant for team fans.

The story doesn't add up

CometsWin likes this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

9. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

I'm coming in late to the convo, but let me get this straight. You are of the opinion that Jeremy Lin is on the same level as Isaiah Thomas? Hmm, based on....?

Because as far as I'm concerned, IT is a legitimate MVP threat and wins games. Jeremy Lin is a decent player, no doubt about it. I'd say he's average to above average. Isaiah Thomas is a star. Shut the **** up.

CometsWin likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Well this is his reply

Look at Lin's history

Rockets, Starter then loss starter job to Beverly
    Lakers, Starter then loss starter job to Clarkson
    Hornets, Backup to Kemba

Beverly and Clarkson and Kemba are not playing at the same level as Thomas is with the Celtics

11. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

This is exactly why they don't like him. Thomas also backed up his words. They hate that he's a superstar now.

tinman likes this.
  12. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Again, what does Isiah Thomas have to do with anything here? He played for Detroit, not Boston.

13. yoeddy

With Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan out of the NBA, I really only watch the NBA for Lin now...and since he's been out for so many games this season, I've just not watched much basketball this season. This board has so many great people to engage with...you are the best. So I am here.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

You said you were a Nets fan.
    You ain't the OA

15. yoeddy

My opinion is based on what I saw of Isaiah Thomas last season. I've mentioned elsewhere that I haven't seen him play much this year. Looking at his stats and Boston's position in the standings, he appears to be much improved from last year.

16. yoeddy

I said that I was a NEW JERSEY NETS fan. When the owners moved them to Brooklyn, they died to me. Perhaps because you are not from NJ, you would not understand how much of a backstab that was to the fans from NJ. NJ lives in the shadow of NYC...and to lose one of our pro teams to NYC was a huge slap in the face to us long-suffering NJ Nets fans. It was made worse by the fact that it happened so soon after the Nets had actually become respectable via Jason Kidd. So when they moved, I stopped being a Nets fan. The ONLY reason I root for the Nets now is because Jeremy Lin plays for them. So when Lin was injured and not playing, I didn't pay much attention to the team. Now he's back, and I'm watching them again. They won tonight, btw.

17. yoeddy

And btw - I did say elsewhere that my favorite player outside of Yao, Lin and Maloney was Kevin Garnett. And that if I was going to be a fan of any team purely based on the basketball, it would be the Spurs.

18. yoeddy

I loved Sam Cassell when he was with the NJ Nets.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

There's a number of people who think you truly don't know about Thomas's season this year
    ZERO

You could have easily picked a different point guard to compare Lin with, but this was deliberate because of Thomas's statement.
    Nobody believes you don't know what the Celtics are doing now and certainly nobody agrees with your opinion that Lin is better than him, this goes for every fan in the world for every team.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Apparently you knew of Thomas last year when you posted this .
    "Among Lin Fans?" where do they post? do they have their own board?