1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Morey can go to have a look some.players in China CBA. New Orleans Jordan Crawford scores 19 points in his first match. Micheal Beasley is also from there

2. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

We need to get our 3 ball going

saleem likes this.
  3. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

I don't know but, I think you're right in that he'll get Ryan Anderson/Chandler Parsons type of money. Hopefully he'll come here for a bit of a discount due to his father's and his relationship with D'Antoni.

bmo likes this.
  4. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Assuming we pick up Capela and Dekker options, how much cap space will we have? Only like 8 million. Hardly much to play with if we are hunting a big name.

bmo likes this.
  5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets can open up as much as $12.7 million in room this summer without having to make any trades or waive-and-stretch any salary. But they could move Lou ($7 million) or Ariza ($7.4 million) to open up additional room if necessary.

Rocket PR, da_juice, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  6. bmo

bmo Member

I believe we will have around 14 million in cap space this summer, excluding Nene who will be a free agent. There would definitely need to be some moves made to sign, say Gallinari, for around 22 million.

Hopefully we can consolidate some of our redundancies. We have 3 undersized centers & signing Gallinari would make Dekker & Lou Williams redundant.

Ideally I'd to like to trade Lou Williams for a big on a friendly contract, like Kyle O'Quinn & then trade or release some combination of Dekker, Brown, Witjer, Onuaku, & Taylor to make room for signing Gallinari.

fattz likes this.
  7. bmo

bmo Member

Didn't see this before I posted my 14 million "back of napkin" estimate. Always good to see the precise numbers clutchfans experts deliver.

But it does seem conceivable that we could keep the core of
    Harden
    Bev
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Capela
    Gordon
    And possibly Harrell, and still have around 20+ million in cap space. Right?

8. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

If you dumped every player's salary besides the ones you named above and took back ZERO salary in return, you could open up about $20.36 million in cap room. Personally, I don't see them dumping Dekker for nothing unless it's for a true max-caliber player.

9. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Thanks for the clarification! Definitely might be able to pull someone with that.

10. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Is it possible to trade for Paul George and sign Ibaka?

Harden
    Beverly/Gordon
    George/Ariza
    Ibaka/Anderson
    Capela

Or would one of Ariza, Gordon or Anderson have o go to make room for Ibaka? I'm not sure what Ibaka's value on th open market is. I think that I read it will be around what Anderson makes, 18-20.

bmo likes this.
  11. bmo

bmo Member

I'd say no. If we traded everyone not included in your rotation for Paul George (which I don't think Indiana would do, but for arguments sake, let say they do), then we would have about 11 million in cap space for Ibaka. Big pay cut for him. So probably not happening. Would obviously love to have either or both here.

I am curious what Ibaka's market will be. Possibly depends on how he plays the rest of the season & playoffs. Haven't been paying attention, has he been playing well in Toronto so far?

12. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Trade ariza eg trez and whatever picks they want for PG-13? I think this is the most realistic shot at getting a legit star to play with Harden since we won't have the cap space needed to sign Hayward. Losing Gordon wouldn't be easy but I think Lou can hold down the 2nd unit. I like trez but he can be replaced with a better rebounder imo

saleem likes this.
  13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Carlos boozer wants to come back nba from cba china. Morey can try to buy him. He can join now. 17 points and 10 rebounds in cba. I think he can help rockets yo grab more rebounds. He is fit in china. CBA has some treasure. Morey can sign some short contracts to enchance the team[​IMG]

#2773 elmotsangtt, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Lou gets dumped if we think we can get a Hayward, Paul George type player. Williams is good but not totally necessary when we have pat Harden and Gordon. I'm curious as to what we would do with the 8 million if we did keep the core together.

Hats off to Morey as always for keeping flexibility while having a very competitive team. It always sounds nice to go all in, but if it backfires you end up like the Nets or Lakers.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

This off season should be busy...
    Harrell should land us a nice pick in this years draft --> he doen't fit this team but still has value.
    Dekkar is harder to know what to do with... Do you think he will ever be a starter here? He has value but does he fit long term? Keep him in the rotation on his rookie contract or go for a better by putting him in a package of some sort?
    Capela... Trade or Pay? To pay him big would be a bad thing IMO. He can not log starter's time, small, and has no shot past 5 feet or so. (He fits the system but others can to for a lot less cap space)
    Williams?
    The list is long and seems longer.
    NeNe pay or replace?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we unsticky this now that the trading deadline has passed?

DD

17. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

This just made my day!

18. AFS

AFS Member

This thread will remain permanently sticky with the amount of gratuitous rosterbating that goes on in here.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Wouldn't lose any sleep over it

20. dmoneybangbang

Shooting is streaky unfortunately. However, we do take a lot of bad 3pt shoots with the starters and the bench. I love Bev, but Lou should be primarily handling the ball with second unit in order to get better looks.