1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jay Cutler wants to play for the Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mick fry, Mar 6, 2017.

1. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

LOL

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's just smarter than you is all. Just ask him.

Every off season goes the same way. Soon Bobby will be ending every post with his snide comments about how dumb the conversation level is here and how "it's ok if you want to be stupid, I mean that's your right" or some other remark like that. The conversations about options will just devolve into pissing matches.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No it only speaks to how blind some fans have gotten due to QB desperation. Jay Cutler has never been as good as Matt Schaub was in his prime so the talk of him coming in as the best QB for the Texans is laughable. Anyway, I don't really expect good QB takes to come from Texans fans these days so I'm not going to hold any if this ridiculous nonsense against you guys. I understand that you simply can't help yourselves.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly this is true, every off-season we have really dumb nonsense pop up from cutting Clowney to picking up VY. It's just a board tradition at this point.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would say what is hilarious is that you don't realize that. It's just an obvious statement. The young guy with an extra season in the system has some upside, the old fagile awful QB that would be in a new and not QB friendly offense does not.

As to QB takes, you might think I'm wrong, but I'm not. I told you that Teddy was going to be a bust, he was. I told you that Manziel was going to be a bust, he was. I told you that Hoyer was awful....he was the Chiefs MVP that season. I told you that Savage wasn't "the savior", he wasn't.

Anyway, I don't blame you for not knowing what you are talking about.....I just wish you'd stop being ignorant AND loud about it.

7. Fantasma Negro

WTF they have four qbs on the roster right now

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

LOL I called it

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you don't seem to understand is that you are every bit as much "wasting a season" by bringing in Jay Cutler as you would be by sticking with Osweiler and Savage. I get that you don't know that, and it's probably just QB desperation that is blinding you, but it makes productive conversation difficult.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Osweiler doesn't have anywhere close to the upside of Cutler's last healthy season. Given that you were so clueless on Cutler's season last year, I don't think you have any legs to stand on when it comes to assessing his game versus Brock's.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, I'm clueless yet you tried to write off the last 3 games of the season by saying he was injured not realizing that 1 of the 3 was the only good game he played all season.....good job kiddo.

Anyway, you can daydream about the QB he once was, but it's just not reality. I don't think Savage or Osweiler will be good next season, but they have more potential upside than Cutler who is completely washed up at this point and wouldn't even make it through the season healthy anyway. Feel free to be wrong yet again only to forget about it and accuse me of being wrong later down the line. It's pretty much the pattern now.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Brock Osweiler has very very little upside.

He was the worst starting QB in the NFL and lost his starting job at the end of the season.

To go into next year with him as the Texans starting would have to be deflating for the Texans' players.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. rezdawg

Osweiler has no future on this team. Take that to the bank. We have extra cap money now with Bouye leaving. We lose absolutely nothing by giving Cutler a shot if plan a, b, c, d, and e fail. Nobody is rioting for Cutler to be the Texans first choice, and we already know next season will be a waste with Brock, and we have some cap flexibility now...so it's not desperation to sign Cutler, it's just getting in an extra hand of Poker.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Osweiler and Savage have very little upside, this is true, but Cutler has no upside at this point. None. That's my point.

15. rezdawg

This is what I don't understand. If he can put up 80% of what he did in 2015...thatll be a massive upgrade to this team. We don't need Cutler to have upside... We need him to try to be average, which is doable... Something that Brock will never achieve.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Strawman. No one suggested otherwise.

We lose cap space wasted on a garbage QB with no upside, who has no future on this team. Anyway, I know you are apparently Cutler's biggest fan, but that's a dead end even if you don't realize it.

17. rezdawg

Signing Cutler to a 1 year deal doesn't hinder anything and won't prevent us from filling in any pieces we need to fill. We're not going to invest in anyone major this off season. Wagner would be nice, but the Texans won't spend big money there, I don't think. And like I've stated multiple times, I don't care for Cutler, so I'd only go for him if all other options are exhausted. Brock is the worst QB in the NFL, so I'd prefer my team to try to get into the mid 20s, at least, with QB performance. Possible with Cutler, not possible with Brock.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If Osweiler can be what he was in 2015 then it'll be a massive upgrade to the team too. Unfortunately that's not how it works. You say Cutler being average is "doable" but it wasn't "doable" last season.....hell him staying healthy wasn't even "doable"

I think the problem when it comes to the QB situation is that it's emotional for you, that's really what I'm talking about when I say "QB desperation". It prevents you from thinking logically. It's understandable, but we don't need to be "thinking" with our emotions, that's not how smart moves are made. The "ANYBODY BUT OSWEILER OR SAVAGE!!!!!ONEONEONE" talk is just ridiculous and it's almost always suggesting making a move simply to make a move. Cutler doesn't move the needle so it's just throwing away cap space so that you can say you have a different awful QB. Maybe that'll make you happy till the games start, but it's really not worth it.

19. rezdawg

It's not emotional at all... Riding with Brock will only let the team know that the front office is okay with seeing crap and trying not to do anything about it. Also give Hopkins one more reason to lose his trust with the franchise and move on. I can guarantee you there are a bunch of players and coaches on the roster that would be disappointed if no changes are made at QB. By getting Cutler, you might still be getting crap, but at least you could have some hope that Cutler isn't the worst in the NFL.

20. Nero

Nero Member

I guess Cleveland has their high-upside guy now... ;)

raining threes likes this.