1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The REAL Reason ESPN Actively Diminishes Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 7, 2017.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

yeah but klay's a better two-way player /espn

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Clutchfans where facts don't matter.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Colorado bro
    Thats what im saying. Too many people be adopting a victim mentality like the houston rockets are victims or something.

kjayp likes this.
  4. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

And this is probably because Westbrook is losing ground in the MVP race with the team not making a climb to 4th in the West.

So they need another non-Harden candidate.

thaGREATwall likes this.
  5. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I don't know man. I tend to agree with you, but then I have to come back to the pattern. Houston is not considered a big market city, even though we are the 4th largest city in the country. Most sports leagues have 2-4 teams in New York & LA, then you have Chicago & Boston as the next big markets, and Dallas as your number 5-7 (due to "America's Team" and Mark Cuban obsession). Then you'll have the "sexy" cities like Miami & San Francisco, the perennial winners that can't be ignored (Pittsburgh, San Antonio, Philadelphia, Green Bay, & St. Louis), and I guess you have to ask why the mass media would really pay much attention to Houston. We're pretty far down the list in sexiness, winning, and will never be the market that LA, New York, & Boston are, so it's pretty clear. Houston is more Cleveland & Milwaukee than Chicago & Dallas.

****ing sucks.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That's fine. Doesn't change the fact that what I responded to was the worst post in the history of clutch fans. Please revisit and watch the video he's complaining about.

I never said we were media favorites, I just said we should stop whining like babies. You said it in your post, we're down the list in winning. If we win championships, we'll get more. If Harden wins that game for us with last second heroics, it will be talked about. We're never going to get attention like the super big markets, but anyone from the Knicks will tell you that's a good thing right now. I don't think the Mavs are getting more attention than us these days, and I mean they have reached the finals twice and won once in the past 10 or so years.

If one team should be complaining, it's the Memphis Grizzlies. Compare their past decade to ours. Same number of visits to the conference finals. And they haven't missed the playoffs in more years than us

I get what you're saying though. It just angers me when our fans cry about things and make up points to make an argument

#46 Zoplicone, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    thaGREATwall likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I just gave b**** ass Nike some of my hard earned money because my son liked the fit and feel of the shoes I bought him. ****..

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Nike made my sister, Fen Ho Wen, stitch their sneakers until her hands wore out to stubs.. **** dat b**** ass company Lebron. LOL

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why can't people on the BBS understand that outside the Houston market, people aren't really fond of his game. Do you guys venture out much?

I know it doesn't seem like it since I'm a cynic on GARM all the time but I actually have to constantly defend Harden to other NBA fans. They don't like him much.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think it's unfair to dislike Harden's game. I would agree that it is less fun to watch than Westbrook or Kobe or whoever for the casual basketball fan, and for fans of other teams, I'd say it's probably very frustrating to watch him, too.

I do think it's unfair when obviously incorrect statements are said about Harden in order to further perpetuate incorrect stigmas about him. Anytime I hear somebody say "Harden never plays defense!" or "Harden's a ball hog!" or "Harden's lazy!" or "Harden's teammates don't like him!", I know they got that straight from the media.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  11. eslate22

eslate22 Member

wasn't harden still with nike in 2015 when he finished 2nd in mvp behind a guy who reps under armour?

12. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Dude, OP is on to something. I bought a pair of Adidas basketball shoes last year, and I haven't had any MVP run since. I think I will go back to my Etonics. To heck with ESPN!

CometsWin likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did you know that in New York fans actually like Carmelo Anthony. true story.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

At least someone here is trying to make some sense. Good post.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

[​IMG]

Oh, look at that, another Nike/Media outlet partnership:rolleyes:

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Nike CEO joined the Disney board of directors in January 2016, after Harden's 2nd place finish.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If you guys are still watching ESPN for all your sports news, it might be time to explore other avenues. That is of course unless you absolutely need to have your sports wrapped up in a TV friendly "bro package" like what ESPN presents - flashy format with mostly cute girls, outspoken guys, sports catch phrases, and motivational Nike TV spots in between...and if that is what you "need" then you definitely shouldn't be complaining because that's just how ESPN plays the game.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It's just as bad on their podcasts, which are the people there who actually watch the games.

Which these actual watchers admitted about the others on a pod this week:)

"You have a lot of traditional media people who don't spend the time watching league pass every night because they have jobs and it's just a hard thing to do ... There's a good chunk of [MVP] voters where [excitement of KD to Warriors/Russ Triple Double narrative] is going to factor in."

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18855342

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That reminds me of an old True Hoop 3/4 of the season MVP pick podcast back two years ago when Harden and Curry were vying for the MVP and Ethan Sherwood Strauss(who no doubt watches his share of Warriors games) railed for an hour on why Curry was so much more deserving than Harden - except later in the podcast when fronted on it, he himself admitted he hadn't watched very many Rockets games that year yet he didn't back down that he was CERTAIN that Curry was the more deserving player.

DonKnock likes this.