1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Donatas Motiejunas as a New Orleans Pelican

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is true, Dmo would be double digit scoring in Houston easy.

DD

2. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't see DMo playing in the NBA next year. Maybe he can get some minutes playing for a Euro team.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: he got all the minimum pay, since he signed before Jan 10th -- not prorated. But your point still holds true, imo. He got TJones money.

Also just realized you are the original Premium Post -- Postpremium.

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Based on the fact that his only double-digit scoring average was 12 PPG in 28.7 MPG (2014/2015), he would need close to 24 MPG to average 10 PPG. Considering that he is still shaking off the rust, how do you come to the conclusion that he would be double digit scoring "easy" in Houston? I think he'd be hard pressed to get a consistent 20 MPG.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

In this thread, it seems to mean

DD = Double Down

Yaosthirdleg, T for 3 and DreamShook like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Due Diligence Dmo DDD

7. DaDakota

I believe he would fit in here, he is healthy and his style works here.

If you or others don't....fine with me.....maybe folks should let his fans continue to be his fans without a bunch of folks celebrating his struggles.

Feels like a Trump rally in here.

DD

Ramo$e and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Dmo and I had the same number of points, rebounds, blocks, steals, and assists tonight. He beat me in minutes played, though.

And it feels like a Trump rally because you're doubling down on your alternative facts and losing all credibility.

slothy420 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how many boxouts did you have?

vator, Easy and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  10. DaDakota

Credibility? About opinions? What are you 12?

DD

11. bobrek

How do you know he is healthy?

12. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Yeah, dude. Let me show you.

"In my opinion Matt Maloney is the greatest point guard to ever play the game," said DaDakota.

"Uh, dude, you're losing all credibility," replied Postpremium.

See how that worked?

13. DaDakota

It is an internet message board - do you think that any of this matters, it is just for fun and just an opinion. And no one is WRONG when it is an opinion, it is just a different viewpoint.

DD

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Easy? If he'd been healthy from the start of the season and everything theoretically possible went well, maybe he would average double digits. But the real life D Mo that is playing now? Not a chance.

15. DaDakota

I think we can all agree he has been healthy all year - health has not been a problem.

Opportunity, poor decision making, being pissed off at the org - all things that are/were problems - and mostly on him - Dmo and BJ have made VERY poor decisions.....which has hurt him, and honestly hurt the Rockets too, we could have really used a stretch 5 off the bench. Especially now that folks can see that Ryan Anderson is barely as starter. Would have been nice to have 2 options at PF/C that have a variety of skillsets.

In games where 3s aren't falling, sure would be nice to have DMo in the post.

DD

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely think D'Antoni would have had him at 12 points a game.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Looks like DMo won't be in the NBA after this year. He's a five year pro that's having his worst season since his rookie year, maybe even worse than that. He's been with the Pelicans for a third of a season and has shown no signs of returning to form after his back surgery. He used to be a fluid athlete and fast in transition. He barely runs anymore and looks like Asik in terms of mobility. He already wasn't very strong, now he's not quick either. Like Chandler Parsons, it's sad to see him like this.

18. DaDakota

When he plays he looks fine, when he sits on the bench, he looks like he is on the bench.

He looks like the same guy to me, he has always been a player who performs better when given consistent minutes. If you recall McHale was forced to play him due to injuries and was surprised at how efficient he was/is.....

He doesn't look conventional, it will take the RIGHT fit for him to excel, same as any player in the league they need to find a coach/org that fits his play style so he can excel.

I would not be surprised to see him back in Houston next year, tail between his legs at a very reasonable contract rate.

DD

19. bobrek

Why would we all agree on that?

heypartner likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm not concerned about his talent, but he's slower than before the surgery. That has nothing to do with playing time or role. It's been nearly two years and 60 games played since the procedure and he looks physically limited. He used to run aggressively on the break and had quick footwork in the post. Neither is the case now. I didn't notice it until this year, but he's definitely different. Sure he can physically run, but that's like saying Tmac was 100% after microfracture because he dunked while on the Pistons and Hawks. I just looked at DMo's 14-15 highlights on youtube and it's like night and day compared to what we're seeing now. Like I said before, he moves like Asik and that is bad.

heypartner and Ming The King like this.