1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jay Cutler wants to play for the Texans?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mick fry, Mar 6, 2017.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill/article/Jay Cutler Wants to Sign With the Texans

2. Nero

Nero Member

Way to throw a drowning man an anchor! LOL

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

nah no way we trade for Romo. I say give Cutler back up money if we miss out on Tony.

Latest odds:

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What's with this fascination for old, busted up QB's?

msn likes this.
  5. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Simple. In the sad state of the current NFL where college QB's translate to the NFL at a disturbingly lower percentage every year largely due to the spread formations that dominate the college and high school landscape that fail to develop QB's with traits vital to the pro game, aging and injury-prone QB's provide more definitive upside. That's why the likes of Andy Dalton, Ryan Tannehill, and more recently Kirk Cousins make north of $20million per year to maybe sniff the playoffs once every couple of years. The draft is a crap shoot and you can count on two hands the QB's that can really perform at a high level in the NFL. Tony Romo is one of these QB's, injury-prone and aging yes, but you take the chance because if you can get him to the playoffs healthy, the Super Bowl is a real distinct possibility. No other route in addressing the QB situation offers better odds on that possibility.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Jay Cutler is a horrible QB.

Not sure what the point of him would be.

Rather go with Savage first. Then would still rather try Brock.

Texans fans need to realize it's going to be another year much like the last two.

The time to get a QB is in next years draft. Let's hope all Jose teams that need a QB near the top of the draft this year actually select one - which would be overreaching on all of them.

Next year go all in multiple draft pick trade to nab whomever you want.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Cutler gets way more unnecessary crap than any QB Ive ever seen. 2016 was a rough year for him bc he barely played. Look at 2015...65% completion, 7.58 ypa, 21 TDs, 11 INTs. He had the exact same completion percentage and YPA compared to Brady.

People act like he's worse than Brock. He would be a HUGE upgrade compared to what we trotted out there last year.

napalm06, adw, macho GRANDE and 7 others like this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So we should ignore what he did last season and focus on what he did once upon a time? And if we talk about what he did last year it's giving him "unnecessary crap".....is that the case when talking about other QB's or just Cutler da savior?

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Upgrade from Brock, but I don't think he's really that good and not worth the price

12. rezdawg

Sure, judge his handful of games the played. I don't think 5 games in an injury riddled season should erase his career. He's by no means a good QB, but we would have beat the Patriots with a healthy Cutler last season. If it comes at the cost of 8 million and Romo or Jimmy G aren't options, then I'd sign Cutler and draft a QB to develop.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  13. rezdawg

I'm just saying he's not as horrible as he's made out to be. At this point, nothing can be worse than rolling with Brock and Savage plus a rookie, going into next season. We would literally be wasting one more year with that defense. No rookie will be able to start next year. If we want any chance to take advantage of that great defense, we need to look to upgrade the QB position, even if its a marginal upgrade. Nobody will be breaking the bank for Cutler, so I wouldn't be worried about the price.

Astrodome likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was an interception machine in the short amount of the season he played and performed equal to or worse than Osweiler......and he's such a douche that his team absolutely hated him.....and always did.

I get the idea of QB desperation leading to some "questionable" analysis when it comes to QB's, but Jay Culter is awful. "IS" being the important part. The fact that once upon a time he was pretty good is as irrelevant as Osweiler's performance in Denver. When you project Osweiler going forward, do you use last season, or his season in Denver? I think we know the answer to this question, so why the hell would you use what Culter was once upon a time instead of what he was last season when healthy? Is it just wishful thinking?

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sewer vs a Dumpster

16. ballgame

ballgame Member

You think The Texans would learn.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I too would like to play for the Texans. Doesn't mean I should.

juanm34 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He's absolutely better than Osweiler, but I think there is merit to the attitude issues. His attitude has been a huge issues on every team he's been a part of.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

You too? No way.