1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Williams- Williams- Williams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yetti, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Williams is our second best scorer! Why is he not involved in the Game? Is it the Coaches fault or is he not getting enough passes to be an active player. I think if we have any chance in the playoffs we must have Williams
    as an active scorer. Williams needs to go back to the way he was shooting in LA.
    I hope there is some support and we can get Williams back into the fold! Y:p

RasaqBoi and OmegaSupreme like this.
  2. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Maybe because he's made three shots the last three games?

Zergling likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah if he is not hitting he is pretty much garbage...

DD

Fansince80 likes this.
  4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

he needs to stop trying to draw fouls so much

5. pass_to_Hakeem

Williams wasn't "on" tonight , but more than wanting Williams to get more touches.. I'd prefer more "Defense" , ANY Defense!!! This whole "we will out shoot you" won't get them past the 1st round of the playoffs!!

6. basketballholic

It's the defense guys. They're choking him. The top teams are going to deny Anderson, Gordon, and Lou and fade everybody else unless somebody gets hot. They're going to make Harden beat them alone while allowing Ariza and Bev whatever they want to take.

On the second unit, same story. Make Bev beat them, cover the shooters, let Dekker catch and shot by playing soft.

This is the playoff theme guys. Some of Gordon, Lou, Anderson quill have to be able to establish the dribble drive to get past teams like the Spurs. They're going to cover the heavy artillery shooters and force Harden to score 60 or force somebody to have to do something they aren't known to do.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Williams looked really nice when he was running PnR with Clint . Should've ran that play into the ground .

8. atxjames

atxjames Member

Personally I think he played tonight as if he was still on the Lakers. Shoot, Shoot,Shoot. He needs to play in the system and realize he doesn't have to create shots that aren't there.

Jontro and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yup. He needs to understand in a game like this, he is not the main scorer that will get those calls. Its James vs Kawhi and those are the only two getting those kind of calls.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Houston shooting bug has hit him hard.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Let him shoot what he wants. I guess the coach limits him to shoot 2 points

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

What I don't understand is why Bev handles the ball so much when they are in together instead of Lou.

Lou sits like a spot up shooter while Bev tries to draw attention and create on offense which is a total mind**** because of how backwards that is to their skills.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually disagree with him being garbage when he's missing. He is the only Rocket that attacks effectively. He created plenty of offense simply by attacking. That was the best offensive game I've seen from a bench player on 1/10 shooting I can remember. He was +3 despite missing shots and being a primary ball handler when he was in the game.

If Gordon is missing, he's a non-factor on offense. He turns it over when he attacks. Lou Williams still manages to have an impact.

14. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

He has a 27% usage rate as a Rocket. That's quite enough.

That's the same as Kevin Durant, Jimmy Butler or Goran Dragic, above Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry and Mike Conley.

Lou's a streak shooter, sometimes he'll help and sometimes he'll hurt, which is perfectly fine because he's a bench player. Increasing his role isn't the answer.

#14 CDrex, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lou was horrible last night but there's going to be an adjustment period for him playing against a good team like the Spurs when Lou himself is on a good team. He has to play smarter and not press as much. Against the spurs, he will not be getting a lot of the calls he's used to. Hopefully he makes notes accordingly for the next time around.

FANfrom86toNow and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

seems like he needs more time to glue. that being said, no worries about someone like him who has been in this league for long time. He will be fine

FANfrom86toNow and DonKnock like this.
  17. atam

atam Member

Everyone needs to just Aaron Rodgers. There will be bad nights when you rely on the three so much. Just gotta accept that.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I saw this as well, but it came after he realized his shots weren't hitting.

I think more time in this system with the other guys will allow him to feel out his most effective role more. It would be better to have a mix of attacking/passing with shooting from the beginning keep defenders guessing.

mikol13 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  19. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I like what Lou brings on O. He adds some scoring punch when Harden sits which we really need.

But I gotta say it: the guy is God awful on defense. Worse than Harden. There was one play last night where Harden actually locked up kawhi for about 22 seconds, only to have Lou come on an unnecessary double team and foul him on a 3. He's constantly getting backdoored or taken off the dribble. We've got to find a way to get more stops, and Lou doesn't help in that regard.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm okay with Lou having a scoring drought or two. Ariza, Splash and Ryno need to step it up on those nights. These 3 guys cannot all be cold on the same night or consecutive no shows. One perhaps, 2 maybe, but all three is recipe for first round upset.

Still believe that Ariza needs to only play 25 minutes to regain his effectiveness, scoring and defending. Rockets need a true 3-D wing back up and not talking about Lou/Splash in the 3 guard lineups.