1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 12, 2015.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Delete, accidental post haha

#141 wizkid83, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This film was poetic and painful.

Something happened to me as I was watching this film. I became sad. Not sad in the melodramatic movie way. Not sad in the farewell to Hugh Jackman way. After all, the X-Men movies had always been good, but never great, never truly memorable.

Yet, here I was sad and trying to compose myself after this film. That's when I realized I was sad because I was saying goodbye to a part of my childhood; the X-Men. I was saying goodbye to the X-Men comics, to the 1990's arcade game I loved to play so much, to the beloved character Wolverine.

This film was a painful reminder of my own mortality and the passage of time. To see your childhood hero go out like that in living flesh onscreen was tough. The last frame with the tombstone cross tilted on its side showing the X was too much to bear.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i was sad because prof x is a mentally frail hasbeen and wolverine lost his healing powers. it was depressing seeing wolverine struggle against dudes he would have considered chump change a movie ago. watching x-men movies without wolverine will be a bit awkward, even if it's only small cameos.

off-topic, what was fox's reason not to include gambit again? if they're going to skip wolverine, they could at least include the other big names.

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know how I feel after watching this film. I'm torn between:

This is a very good movie but
    it's really ****ing sad.

OR

This movie
    is really ****ing sad
    but it's very good.

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That was a beast of a movie. Loved it.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't know how yall brehs can watch it twice or more. you wouldn't go watch grave of the fireflies twice, right?

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Haven't seen it yet, I might go next weekend. Based off what I've seen and heard I'm guessing it's better than all the other X-Men movies other than Deadpool.

Pen15clubber and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would..... but I am masochisticly inclined to say the least.

Jontro likes this.
  9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'll go ahead and say it. It's better than Deadpool.

BigM and Snow Villiers like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

where can i watch this movie... on the, um, internet... wink, wink...?

11. dmoneybangbang

piratebay probably has some out... but they'd be crappy quality.

No judgement for me as I do the same for tv series and movies, but I would highly recommend seeing this in theaters.

12. dmoneybangbang

I've decided this is the best comic book movie made, but not my favorite if that makes sense.

The Johnny Cash ending credits..... such a fitting ending to the movie.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

What an awesome dam movie.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i enjoyed it but was really hoping it was something more similar to one of my faves, the road.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

do you also enjoy hurting animals breh? :(

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It involves more suffering than enjoying tbh breh

good thing I only watch the anime version of the grave of the fireflies, no harm done

17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Somewhere Sir Ian McKellen is pissed he never got material this good during his Magneto time. This what you can get from X-Men when you don't let a borderline pedo cast a movie based on how many twinks he want's to powerf-ck.

Everything was on point. Except for the Shane clips that should have been in 1:33 and not 1:85.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I liked it so much that I hope they do a sequel.

Not. The movie meandered along, slowly going nowhere. And then boom x and wolverine are dead. The movie heros were not likable. I kept thinking that someone needs to kill x , for the good of the planet.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Mmmmmmmmm.............debatable. This one is more deadly serious and sad. Deadpool is obviously more fun. The R rating frees up the stories so much.

The opening Deadpool bit was hilarious. The sound of the gunshot, and Deadpool turning in dismay, made my wife laugh pretty hard.

One thing that "Logan" did brilliantly: Xavier's seizures, and the effect on all those around him.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Deadpool was funny, crazy funny, and wildly entertaining, but it wasn't close to the overall quality of Logan IMO. I guess it's a matter of opinion on what you would consider makes a movie great. I wouldn't say Deadpool had a good story at all, and basically all of the characters save for Deadpool himself were completely replaceable and one dimensional. Basically everything in that movie was there for the sole purpose of giving Deadpool as many jokes and gags as possible.

I loved the first Avengers, I loved Guardians, and I loved Deadpool, but I wouldn't consider any of them if I were giving out a movie of the year. The truly great ones combine many elements, not just great action and humor. Contrary to what the film snobs would say, action movies can be at that level, but few are (Terminator 2 and Dark Knight come to mind). It's hard for a straight comedy like Deadpool to be at that level, because making you laugh is really it's only goal.

I would put Logan at that level, it may be the overall best movie I will watch this year.

monkeyboy32, Joe Joe and Deckard like this.