1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs just clinched the playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SeabrookMiglla

no lie, watching the spurs with pop, duncan,ginobli, parker, leonard etc. etc. has been a pleasure.

really great team

gunawanspurs and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Spurs need to tank every game from now on to ensure that they fall to the 8th seed and maximize their chances of facing a Durant-less Warriors. #Analytics

BleedsRocketRed and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Duncan was the culture of that team. Now he's gone and they are still a top team. It has passed down to Leonard. He's the wing version of Duncan.

Haven't we been talking about how the Spurs are getting old and their window of contending is closing for about 10 years now?

Sadat X, peleincubus and The Hunted like this.
  4. rocketseagles07

I'll believe the spurs are gonna fall off when it happens. We've done this for years.... and year after year they're at the top.

The Hunted and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Popovich is eligible for Hall of Fame, isn't he? I think for coaches the requirements is 25 years as assistant or head coach, which he satisfies.If he isn't in already, he needs to be inducted.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Kawhi regular season MVP. Harden say that's my MVP trophy

James Harden finals MVP after we beat SPurs in the WCF.

Ala Dream - David Robinson.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Respect them, but I don't enjoy watching them and always want them to lose.

Yaosthirdleg and CCity Zero like this.
  8. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

somebody check my math, do Rox clinch with 3 more wins?

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Popovich is a master of the draft. It's very difficult to be a winning team and drafting at the bottom of the first round every year. That's why when Popovich is given the opportunity to draft in the top 15, he hits a home run with Kawhi Leonard while most other teams including the Rockets consider the 15th pick expendable trade fodder.

Belichick does the same when he moves up from #31 to #25, to pick Hightower who made the game changing strip sack on Matt Ryan fueling the Patriots comeback. Meanwhile, Belichick has stashed 2nd round QB Jimmy Garoppolo for a few years behind Brady and now Belichick is asking a king's ransom for him and perhaps getting it from the Browns with the top pick in the draft.

Those are the kinds of moves that turn champions into dynasties.

Hui, Sanity2disChaos and hakeem94 like this.
  10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He has verbally agreed to the super Max with the clippers.

He being the lead union rep and argued for this I doubt he doesn't take it.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is said, literally, every year. And every year they're still one of the best teams in the league.

Manu and Tony can be in suits for the whole season, and they'd still be better than 90% of the league.

I'm a fan of the Spurs' culture, chemistry, team-first attitudes, coaching, intangibles, and front office.

There's such a difference between Rockets' fans views of the Mavs and the Spurs lol.

12. BleedsRocketRed

Mad respect for that organization. I mean besides the one year that Robinson missed the whole season, the Spurs have been a perennial winner for almost 26 years. That's unheard of. In the Tim Duncan era (and this year) the team has never won less that 52 games (not counting lockout seasons)

They are one of the greatest dynasties not only in NBA history, but sports history.

Mad respect. Top to bottom that team is ran like a well oiled machine. Truly one of a kind organization. It will take a monumental fall for them to be "done". However, even if they did It wouldn't be long before they are back at the top. That management team, and culture wont allow it.

Mad respect from this lifelong Houstonian. However, **** Dallas.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They need 48 wins to clinch, but that is dependent upon the 9th place team if they lose one, the Rox need 47.

DD

PyroTex likes this.
  14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Unfortunately

15. Sanity2disChaos

As much as I hate them, you are absolutely correct my friend.

gunawanspurs likes this.
  16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Yeah. It wouldn't surprise me if they're already quietly grooming one of their assistants to be the next head coach once Pop retires.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

We will see. I probably won't but I'll try to remember this thread next year and see where they are at the all star break or so.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Parker and Manu are already pretty much irrelevant. They don't have a ton of talent but are still playing top-notch basketball and Kawhi is a legit DPOY candidate. They'll find new players next year. Every time you think they're on the decline they pull something.

Pretty disappointed in what's happened to LMA though. He's playing solid basketball, but after out playoff series against the Spurs I thought h was on his way to stardom and being one of the top PF's in the league. Why have his stats fallen off so much?

peleincubus likes this.
  19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

If only we had Trump in power beforehand, then the Spurs would cease to function. A Serbian Coach with a dark Frenchman, "wall-necessitating" Latino, and a dark Hispanic islander,

20. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Pop will retire after 2019 to concentrate on his 2020 presidential bid to take on Trump.