1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks Bima. I guess I'll have to pine for another player next season. :D

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Any other no. 3 sixth man can buy nick young, kevin martin or bogut? Can we buy both using the remaining salary cap? Nick young can backup ryno and ariza, he shoots well and improve our bench, bogut just use to grad rebounds only. Rockets closes to champion this year, if they have a good center.e[​IMG]

#2742 elmotsangtt, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Just going to have to roll with Nene and Capela. Nene might put his all into this Post Season and Capela will try as best he can as well. I don't see anything available left that can help.

saleem likes this.
  4. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Pure speculation, looking at some payrolls. Teams may have different reasons for buying-out a guy.

..Hawks.........16/17.................17/18
    Sefolosha.......$3.85.................. -----
    Dunleavy........$4.84.................. $5.2 (non-guaranteed)
    Muscala.........$1.0..................... -----

In the playoffs but won't beat the Cavs. For some reason if they want to get under soft cap.(around $96 mil now)

...T-Wolves....................16/17
    Lance Stephenson.......$72 Thou.........He shot 40.4% from 3 w/Clips last year. Recovering from ankle sprain.
    T-Wolves may not offer second 10 day contract. T-Wolves are around $81.5 mil and need to add money to get
    over the salary floor of around $84 mil. With 15 roster spots they may have to cut Lance to add a guy with greater salary amount or offer Lance more money. Not sure if they have
    to offer Lance multiple years if signed for more $......and would they? Or have they re-signed him?
    Help me out on this @D-rock .

......Clippers......16/17.................17/18
    Alan Anderson $1.3 mil............. ------. (11.6 mins / game this year)

......Cleveland.....16/17.................17/18
    James Jones...... $1.55 mil.......... -----. (57%, 3p% this year.....listed as SF/PF). 36 y/o
    Cleveland is at 14 roster spots and are looking to add D-Will & Bogut.

.......Denver........ 16/17.................. 17/18
    Hibbert............... $5 mil.................. ------
    Denver is at 15 roster spots and may need to add an approx $2 mil guy to get over the salary floor of $84 mil.

Again this is just me snooping around. I didn't look at every team. Mainly those under the salary floor
    or over the Hard Cap.

Edited later: let Lance walk. (Not cut)

#2744 Jatman20, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    D-rock and da_juice like this.
  5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Good post with the list of all the teams BTW. But aren't teams able to have 13 active players now and not 12?

6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Other people are more of an expert on this matter than I. I goggled how many active NBA players for
    the playoffs? I read that the numbers are the same as regular season. 12 active. But, you can't always
    believe what you read on the internet.

Here is Wikipedia on roster.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_collective_bargaining_agreement

I mention the Hawks because I feel they will/want to give T Prince some playing time. Last night
    they played him some and he did well. They need to find out what they have in him since Sefolosha
    is an upcoming FA.

Edited Later:Mike Scott may be available.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...tt;-Sign-Ronnie-Price-For-Remainder-Of-Season

#2746 Jatman20, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Houston problem is defence and rebound.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

rockets and pacers trade

out - lou, ryan, future first, and any two of wilt/nanu/z/2nd round picks. i assume they'd want wilt since they're loaded with bigs

in - pg and monta

ariza bulks up and moves to pf. extend his contract if he wants. he's getting slower but still plenty speed to defend 4s. this is small ball era so most 4s are 6'7-6'9. productive 4s under 6'10 - morris, amir, milsap, love, green, parker.

he's already a good reboudner for his position. other than ryan, all oru starters are good rebounders for their position. i can easily see ariza avg 7-8 a game next to capela. we dont have to be dominant on rebounding, just good, this roster will be good at that.

his shooting will get better IF and only IF he doenst have to play superstar minutes. make any role player play superstar minutes their game will suffer. bev has the same problem but no where near as bad as ariza's.

he does other things too. he's not one dimensional player. this is the best way to salvage ariza's declining athleticism. extending him would be huge since quality stretch 4s wh can defend aren't cheap. i think he'll accept around 10-12m per range, maybe a little more. backup 4 mintes would be split with basically half the roster, no worries there.

monta is still productive, good ball handler, and his three is slightly better than brewer's. only 2 years left on his deal. makes a good expring. he's a bad contract i dont mind taking.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The trade deadline has passed people why are we throwing up these ideas to land Monta lmfao

topfive and DonKnock like this.
  11. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

This offseason the Rockets trade for Kyle O'Quinn and sign Danilo Gallinari and call it a day.

bmo and raining threes like this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

Relax fella, these are offseason trades. There's no offseason trade thread because Clutch asked not to make redundant threads

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

14. returningfan

returningfan Member

Louis Scola was just waived. Would love to have him back - let him retire as a Rocket.

saleem likes this.
  15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well firs toff if we getting pg we have to take in one of their other long deals and monta is the one they want the least.

2nd, pacers fans think its a shtty deal even with another first and 3-4 2nds

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

thank 4 info u should b a coach mb

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If trade Bobby brown and Lou Williams second favorite girlfriend for zbo and one of chandler parsons "totally platonic dude friends"

18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Memphis said Zach Randolph is tge best sixth man. Shall we buy him next season?

19. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Trade for Ariza for Vucevic

20. bmo

bmo Member

Speaking of which, how much does Gallinari get paid when he opts out this summer? Does he get a Ryan Anderson/Chandler Parson type deal or closer to the max? I'm guessing somewhere in between.