1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nerlens Noel traded to Dallas for Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut, first round pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 23, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Barnes is way better than Rudy Gay, Gay doesn't play D and shoots mid range Js all day long at a horrible rate. He even avoids contact so he's like a analytics nightmare. Barnes at least can defend really well and hits the 3 at an above average (37%) clip. Given his age he will become a really good stretch PF, at least he'll be better than Anderson and they're making around the same amount of money.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I'm with the 6ers here. You can't pay Noel the kind of money he wants, what if he continuously gets re injured? They waited long enough to see what he has and got rid of him. They did better than what we got for DMo.

3. Nook

Nook Member

This.

This was the perfect year for Dallas to suck. The top of the draft is very good. Could have dealt pieces like Williams and others.

Clutch, RasaqBoi and roslolian like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well I guess character issues made him a no deal. Word around is Noel is a b**** and head ache to have on the team. Okafor might be a better deal. I mean honestly given how dumb Colangelo is I kinda want Morey to join the scamming spree, I mean Anderson and 2nd round picks for Noel c'mon surely Morey can work his magic and steal somebody good from the sixers.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

They're having Embiid as the center piece. Embiid 1000X more injury prone than Noel c'mon dude.

justtxyank likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only guy on the Sixers that would seem like a fit for us is Covington. Would be very happy if we dealt a 2nd and KJ for him.

7. MONON

MONON Member

Per the CBA, a player traded from team A to team B can't resign with team A for a 12 months from the date of the trade (paraphrased). I don't remember when Bogut was traded to the Mavz.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

My hope is Noels and Barnes click so they get the 8th seed. It's not that hard I think, with the deadline done teams like Lakers are going into full tanking mode.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Pels?

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Okafor and 2nd for KJ is my dream lol. I think Okafor will thrive in our offense he's really good in PNRs and you can flip him next year if it doesn't work out.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Bad defense, bad rebounding. I don't think we are needing another roll man without the D and the Rs

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh yeah forgot about those guys. 9th place then LOL I mean Nuggs are gonna tank too they trying to get rid of Danilo and Chandler.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

think you missed the sarcasm haha

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Noel is rebounding just 1 more reb than him I dunno why you think he's a bad rebounder. Lack of D is because he's not happy on his team, he hated it the moment he got drafted lol. He'll try to defend on the rox. I like him because he can be a post presence which will make the Rox multi-dimensional, right now when our 3s don't go in we just lose.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If we get bogut lookout!

Clutch you have to remember they held out that long because they don't want to be the Kings

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Well i dont want to pay big money for a slightly better version of clint capela.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Capela is already really good though if you can get a better version of him that guy is worth 20M. 20M is the going rate for good big men nowadays the cap is gonna be 100M next year. If Noels didnt have character issues I would've wanted the Rox to be all over him.

Edit: this post was made before I did my research on Noel, he doesn't seem to be a slightly better version of Capela, more polished maybe but in terms of potential they are similar. Considering Capela has no health issues and doesn't have character red flags he actually has a higher chance of reaching his maximum potential so I don't think Noel is a better version of Capela IMHO they're on the same level with Capela having a bigger chance to become a star.

#137 roslolian, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It is a low-risk move for them. I just think when it comes time to re-signing him that Cuban will overpay...or maybe he starts showing his potential under Carlisle.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You're right but Embiid is also 1000x better than Noel is. If that guy was healthy I think he'd be a generational player. His skillset is amazing.

20. hakeemthagreat

One who's old, a crybaby, injury prone & apparently doesn't like us that much? But he is a foreign player and some of you have a special fondness for mediocre foreign guys, see DMo