1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

Act
    Actually I did. Couldn't delete it. Appreciate you catching my mistake!

2. Since75

Since75 Member

Appreciate the thoughts. As I stated earlier I couldn't delete. Will try to post the trade proposal another time.

Jatman20 likes this.
  3. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Anderson + KJ + Ennis + 2nd

x

Gallo + Chandler

Credit to @justtxyank seems a pretty good idea to me lol

justtxyank and Von Rafer like this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't dislike O'Quinn, and can see some extra value in him over Harrell for this year. But does that trade really make that much of a difference? I mean Brewer for Lou Williams can be a HUGE difference. But this trade wouldn't move the needle a ton. Especially when you factor in the fact that a big is going out. The Rockets need another big, without losing one of their existing ones, imo.

Alternatively, while still unlikely, I'm increasingly intrigued by Harrell's potential over the summer to add a little more ball handling and a consistent 35%+ three point shot. In which case he becomes immensely more valuable than O'Quinn, if nothing else as a trade chip. Id' rather still bet on his upside than cash it in for Kyle O'Quinn.

That said, I'd take O'Quinn if for KJ, Ennis and a couple 2nds for example.

6. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Noel and Holmes for KJ, Dekker, Trez
    2nd and filler for swaggy p or McLemore

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

8. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

9. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

We don't need another guard, I do want O'Quinn though. I goofed and suggested Capela for him in a huge deal I rushed but I'm not sure I'd even give up Trez for him. Trez got upside.

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That pairing is already being offered and Ennis for Jennings is a win in terms of value to move in the future

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In a hypothetical world where you are making this trade, probably have to swap Ennis out for someone better.

That trade is obviously good for us on a pure talent standpoint, but I would worry about how dealing Anderson would impact the team chemistry.

12. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

If we did do that trade my guess would be that Jennings would be shipped out for another player or like a 2nd round draft pick. Jennings is a pretty decent player but we'd have so many guards lol.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. JayZ750

How so? unless Jennings magically gets a lot better, his value is apparently something like being included with Kyle O'Quinn in exchange for 2 guys who never play and a young PF with inconsistent minutes and some upside potential, but nothing amazing yet. Moreover, it doesn't matter because Jennings contract is up this year. Thirdly, in a new Rockets age where their guard position consists of 4 actual legitimate give them PT guards, how does Jennings work?

I'd ignore the other pieces and just look at it as Trez for O'Quinn, which I've already stated I'd pass on, but perhaps Morey feels differently and taking Jennings is part of the deal.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Like HTXNinja said above, Jennings could be immediately flipped.

Jennings is a decent PG, why would we not upgrade value given the opportunity?

15. Wohlgemuth

Wohlgemuth New Member

16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

On wot m8
    ?

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, this is a good point, personally i don't think it would, but it's definitely something to consider very well.

18. JayZ750

Fair enough... but I'd still view it primarily as O'Quinn for Harrell. Jennings could MAYBE be immediately flipped... but as much flak as Phil gets, and as sure as I am that DM and his staff are more on top of things than Phil and his... I don't think you're going to arbitrage a ton of value in that flip.

In today's NBA, Jennings is a below average PG. This is because of the strength of that position, the fact that he shoots an ok 34% from three, but only 39% overall, is not a plus defender, and is a 13 PER type of guy. Maybe there's upside that he gets back to what he once was, though even that was just average against today's NBA pgs.

He's valuable as a $5 million expiring.

19. raining threes

I would do Harrell for O'Quinn in a heartbeat. Jackson wants a 1st though and not Harrell. The question is will Harrell and a 2nd be enough to get a 1st to trade for Harrell?

If not then the rumored KJ + 2nd for Ajinca will probably happen.

Cant wait for 3:00 pm.

20. papoose115

papoose115 Member