1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sauces] Bulls, Knicks, Cavs interested in Beverley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Vucevic?

Seriously?

arabrocket and napalm06 like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If we trade Beverley for Melo I'm not sure my brain will be able to process the purpose of that move.

Remlap likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It would be a shock. Morey isn't Vlade or Vivek. He and others in the organization have told Bev he isn't being traded and have told all of the media people that they actually talk to that they aren't trading Bev.

Consider the source when things are being reported. Marc Stein has no ear to the Rockets. Anything he reports that includes us comes from the other team OR it's planted by "you know who" who has a little obsession with attacking us through ESPN. Within minutes of that report getting out, multiple people who speak personally with Morey were green lighted to go out publicly and say no way Bev was being traded, which is something Morey RARELY does.

Richie_Rich and OmegaSupreme like this.
  4. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The only Rockets players available for trade now are Ennis and KJ, and Morey will take a bag of chips for them.

Maybe Morey will also throw in a Brewer signed jersey to sweeten the pot.

Voltik and No Chill Rocket like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

No.

The Rockets would move everyone other than Harden for the right return.

6. mightybosstone

I see no reason to deal Bev. He's been as integral to the team's success as anyone on the roster not named James Harden. As others have said, I wouldn't deal Beverley unless it meant bringing a legit second star to the roster. And I don't think Morey has the pieces to acquire George or Butler. He could throw Bev, Ariza, Dekker, Capela, a future 1st and all of his overseas assets at Indiana and Chicago, and both teams would hang up the phone before he ever finished the question.

vtjsr2 and Killatron 2000 like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, who do they think they are dealing with? The Kings? Throw in Kevin Love and maybe we can have a discussion :p

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

No,

we are going all in, not gathering asset, if Morey will move anyone other than Harden, he will not trade a first rounder for Lou Williams.

You don't break up a team when you are 4th in the league in the last couple months of the season.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

if you can get someone on the level of butler for him? bye bev.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're not going all in. They still have plenty of guys that can be moved on very good contracts. Morey is only solidifying the team as best he can for this years playoff run. He still has plenty to work with depending on how things go after this year

Breaking up a team does not equal upgrading your depth from 1 player who was the 9th man and an extremely low draft pick you have no use for when you're trying to win now

11. Nook

Nook Member

It depends on what you can get back.

If Morey believes that the player or players he would receive are better than he would be giving up, you better believe the Rockets would make a deal.

javal_lon likes this.
  12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This team needs someone to play around Harden,

not someone to take the ball away from him.

13. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Even if we got an all-star in return, I would be upset about Pat leaving.

JayGoogle likes this.
  14. Remlap

Remlap Member

PLEASE, no Melo.
    I think if we pickup Melo we lose D'Antoni.
    Melo fudged MDA's system in NYC. Remember Linsanity? That was mostly while Melo was injured.
    That tells you something. MDA got to run 'his' system and players bought in. Wins piled up. The Knicks became exciting.
    When Melo came back, he demanded his touches, Linsanity died and Knicks go back to being mediocre.
    DO NOT WANT

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Maury should just tell these three teams that they can have anything they want besides Harden in return for Butler and Kristaps.

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Not happening, lose Bev and you lose fans and our last bulldog!

napalm06 likes this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I understand that logic. but, the team has to have a butler (or better) level player next to harden to win a title. as much as he has meant to this team over the years, bev has to be expendable in the right deal.

napalm06 likes this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Bev/ariza + every pick we can offer for paul george lmao

20. JD88

JD88 Member

I would take a Bev for Shump swap.

It would hurt, because Bev has always been my favorite Rocket; but the deal would benefit us more than it hurts us.