1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Inside the NBA: Top 5 players, Only Charles has Harden in his list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 16, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

sure. and curry still is the current, right now, reigning mvp and still a top player in the league. i mean did something happen for him to drop out of being one of the true elites winning his 2nd mvp less than a year ago? don't think so.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, I see that viewpoint, and admit Leonard has come a LONG way offensively.

But I think Curry is as much the system in GS as benefiting from the system. He clearly benefits from the system, from Klay, Green and now KD. And he has a strike against him because he hasn't been great in the playoffs. But the 73 win season, the season before that, all of it GS seems to be so completely dominant when Curry is just doing ridiculous Curry things, mainly from three, but also with what that opens up in his game from ballhandling, inside scoring, etc.

But I'm not opposed to Leonard replacing Curry.

My main point really was that AD deserves to be top 5, despite his record.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Leaving off a legitimate MVP contender instead? Curry is not top 5 THIS season. Unless you want to bump off Westbrook like all star voters did, fine with that.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Shaquille O'Neal is fake news.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

What do you not understand about judging him on his production THIS season?

Past seasons are not the criteria for this topic. He's top 6 or 7, right now. If you agree or disagree it is what it is.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Its tough. Its so tough lol. Like choosing between ice cream flavors

D-rock likes this.
  7. Rockets4Life13

Agree,disagree,agree,disagree,disagree

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really relevant when what i've specifically said is true. You're stuck on "this" season notion thinking that it takes away from who Curry still is as a player. So are the cavaliers not the reigning NBA champions since it's not THIS season? So is Lebron James still not the best player in the world even though he won't win mvp THIS season?

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Is the criteria "best player" or "best production"? There's a difference.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well in my other thread about Barkley, there's a video with Pippen/Dream/Chuck on a TNT interview, at the end, Peter Vecey talks about Chuck's contract and he says he's getting '14 million dollars' at the end.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

James is in consideration for MVP this season, Curry is not. Pretty simple.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

How do you judge the players? On current production or past production, either case it is on production. Unless looks, popularity or some other useless matrix is applied.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

you can believe he's in consideration all you want. he's not winning it. once the mvp winners for the last 3 years became teammates they pretty much forfeited themselves of that award. pretty simple.

whether your just a curry hater, it again still doesn't take away from him being a top player in this league today especially when he's the reigning mvp. pretty simple. but i take it you're just a homer so makes sense if so

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Consideration is still consideration no matter how much it grates you. Just like Curry is NOT on consideration this season. Sounds like the bias is not coming from me. Not a hater but you obviously have an attachment for Curry that is almost unhealthy.

Seek help.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My impression from the media is that the top 5 are:

Durant, Curry, Thompson, Green, Pachulia

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly a stupid response i was expecting

so is isiah thomas in your top 5 players according to your logic. he must be better than curry then right. consideration is still consideration lol. what dumb logic people have around here.

the default defense if you don't ride harden's nuts. "you are X player's lover" -D-rock

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think ratings are overrated. Who cares? If you love him and think he is top 5 then so be it. Some love watching him, and some don't like watching his type of game play. Some think he is the best player ever, and some have their own favorites. Some detest his foul drawing techniques, and some love them. Some love his defense and others don't. Some love his big beard, and some find big beards gross. Some like his choice of women and some don't. Some buy his shoes, and others call them a waste of money. Some idolize Harden and some don't. Some people say that no big name player wants to play with Harden and others disagree. Will someone disagree that people disagree? Probably

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Glad he finally stopped saying that Klay Thompson is better than him. But then again he had Thompson as #6 lol, ahead of Curry. Harden probably would have been higher on the other guys' list if they made their lists today.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

When I think of "best player", I look at a player's skill. Sometimes that translates into gaudy production. Sometimes it doesn't. Look at Kevin Durant. Since joining the Warriors, his scoring has dropped. Does that mean he's a worse scorer now? Of course not. Having better teammates deflates a player's stats.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

KD is best player on GSW, their record is not quite as good as last season but their defense has actually improved.

"Best" is mostly subjective in any event, and is changeable depending on players in season performance, but a player who is in consideration for MVP surely has to be in the conversation.

Aside from Jordan (and likely LeBron) who is universally agreed as best ever. All other players are ranked subjectively.