1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Morey handed Brewer the contract because he rewarded Brewer's help that season. Brewer wasn't so bad, then; but I do wish Morey had allowed someone else to sign Brewer. Maybe McHale and especially Bickerstaff didn't want to lose their Minnesota connection.

Asian Sensation and mikol13 like this.
  2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

He shouldn't have rewarded him. Sometimes rewarding players doesn't work. Corey Brewer is an example of that. Trevor Ariza was good for only two years but he is now becoming Corey Brewer. Both of them are a virus to the team.

#2302 thedude077, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I think we should get refunded for the Ennis for Beasley trade and bring his ass back.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Brewer sucks- dont need to expand
    Ariza sucks- old, 2nd most inconsistent player on our team
    and RYAN ANDERSON SUCKS- one dimensional, super horrible contract, and inconsistent

I have been saying this consistently since almost the 2nd month into the season.....

We need to make a change... all this BS fluff from Harden and MDA about loving this team and having enough to win... give me a break. We will lose easily to the Spurs and GS warriors... and might even be first round outs depending on who we play. I do not care if we are playing on house money and have overachieved. It makes no sense to waste a MVP year from Harden. Like, Toronto we need to be all in now. Its about time.... But I guess the latest I will put that at is this summer.

Also, REDNATION, STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP overvaluing Capela and Dekker.... they are not great.... nor will ever be great.... they are easily moveable pieces just like our subpar draft picks.... Stop with the delusion. Are we even watching the same games?

5. raining threes

Go get Willie Reed

Cashmoney likes this.
  6. Metropolis777

Metropolis777 Member

So this is a trade for the future but might payoff in April/May.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gw6nssz

With the injury, LeBron is desperate to get Melo now.

If the Knicks don't want an injured Love, maybe we can swoop in?

He is the missing playmaker to go opposite Harden. He always has been. They fit perfectly together in this system.

Rockets
    Out - Anderson, Brewer, Dekker, 1st rd pick
    In - Love

Knicks
    Out - Melo
    In - Anderson, Brewer, Dekker, 1st rd pick HOU, 1st rd pick CLE

Cavs
    Out - Love, 1st rd pick
    In - Melo

So we probably drop from #3 to #4-6 without Anderson & Dekker. But #3-6 is all interchangeable. We'd just lose home court. BUT, we'd have Love for the playoffs and the future.

Thoughts?

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Lou Williams would sure look good in our jersey. Just saying.

Chamillionaire and Hui like this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Why add the 3rd team (us) when the Cavs and Knicks can just get it done on their own?

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I really do think a player like Wilson Chandler or Danillo Gallinari can help us make a deep playoff push kind of like the year we got Brewer and Josh Smith. I do think right now, where we stand, we are 50/50 on getting past the first round (mainly because I feel like we're going to end up facing Memphis and I think they'd beat us).

For us to get a player of those guys' caliber I think we would have to surrender Harrell and Dekker, and it doesn't seem like Morey is interested in doing that. I, personally, would do it in a heartbeat, but can see why it doesn't appeal to the front office.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am still unclear on whether the Rockets are willing to take on salary past this offseason. Are they only looking at stop-gap expirings to fill in some depth and keep their cap flexibility for the summer?

11. ROXTXIA

Codman has included an "I don't want to get anyone's hopes up"-type trade possibility, i.e., there's a bigger name in the mix but trading a star seldom happens anyway so best just to keep a lid on it; the majority of his posts point to bolstering our depth.

Vivi likes this.
  12. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

This is a minor trade. It is a 4 team trade.

1. Houston - IN: Barbosa/W.Barton/D. Arthur + 2nd Rd
    Out: Brewer/KJ/Ennis/1st rd 2018/2X 2nd Rd

2.Boston - In; Ennis/2nd Pick Houston
    Out - J.Young

3. Denver - IN: Houston 1rd 2018, KJ, James Young
    Out- W.Barton/D. Aruthur + 2nd rd Pick

4. PHX - IN; Brewer/ Houston 2nd
    Out - Barbosa

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=goxdm84

Houston:

PG - Harden/Bev/Barbosa/Brown
    SG - Gordon/Barton/Barboas
    SF - Ariza/Dekker/Barton/Anderson
    PF- Anderson/D. Arthur/Dekker/Montrezl/Wittjer
    C - Capella/Nene/Montrezl/Onuaku

Phx - has cap space and is failing this season. Gets a pick for this.
    Bos - Gets a pick for this, gives up on young early but not getting enough mins
    Den - Gets a 1st rd and a good young palyer in James and a possible good player in Kj - gets Cap space for 2017
    Hou - gives up a lot but gets alot of depth. and additional 3 pt shooting. Only loose out on 1 year without a first rd pick,

vtjsr2 and Deuce like this.
  13. rockets13champs

not bad

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Maybe if Brewer is in the deal? Even if he's not, it shouldn't be that difficult to flip another contract so long as it doesn't go beyond next season and the player has positive value.

15. fattz

fattz Member

Still buy low...
    WCS and Casspi
    For
    Brewer and our unprotected FIRST

KJ for a high second

It works now and later & Cleanse the cap. Turning the 1st into 2nd saves money short & long term and just about the same tier player can be added on the cheap. We would pick at best in the mid 20's anyway. ( only Spurs can make that spot work )

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure what it'll eventually cost (if he's available at all), but since i see a lot of Lakers fans complain about him being somehow dumb and just playing for himself...would you guys take a flyer on Randle? He can rebound, great offensive talent...is he good enough in your opinion? I still don't know if he's basically a better T.Jones or he has all star potential...

17. rockets13champs

18. fattz

fattz Member

We have a lot of cap space tied to the power forward. But sure if he can be had on the cheap. Our core clicks as a unit, would not break them up for him. His skill set would make him an all world 6th man. Maybe something like
    Brewer and a protected pick
    for
    Randle and small short term filler.

19. fattz

fattz Member

20. ROXTXIA

WCS and Casspi for Brewer and our unprotected first? That ain't gonna happen. I know WCS has been underwhelming, but part of that might be due to playing on a team with 12 centers. And a dysfunctional team, at that. Sacramento will ask for more than that; Brewer is semi-worthless to any team anyway.

KJ for a high second, that, I could see. I think he's better than that but his trade value isn't too high thanks to his lack of a jump-shot on an offensive-minded team.

The Lakers fans might think Randle is dumb but Mitch Kupchak probably isn't. Randle went seventh is the draft. The Lakers will ask for too much.

Hell, I'd post my own trade musings, but I can never come up with fair-value trades myself. I'd send Ryan Anderson to Sacramento (his hometown) with some other player and then flip Aaron Afflalo's contract to a third team (I think he can be waived by a certain date before next season and get only $1.5 million; but I'm not sure on that). Maybe Kosta Koufos would be the other player involved, and we keep him or also flip him elsewhere.

Any other team, I wouldn't trade Anderson, but he does have his nice new house there in his hometown.

#2320 ROXTXIA, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017