1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lol too late....they wearing cupcake shirts now. They've added fuel to the flame.

2. Vienna Calling

Durant is such a tool. He sure had every right to leave. But joining a team that won 73 games and that you blew a 3-1 lead in the playoffs against is something only a coward will do.

And informing the guy you called "your little brother" (Westbrook) via text message about it just reveals everything you need to know about Durant's character.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I always thought it was funny people really thought KD was closer to Russ than harden.

I never got that.

Harden and KD did espn interviews together on different teams, they hung out every offseason together. They talk and text regularly throughout the season. At allstar games they sit together.... without Russ slot of the time.

I think KD respected Russ as teammates and star but harden is genuinely his friend on and off the court.

We had this season with MDA Ryno and Gordon a year to late. I'm sure we would be right there with GS for his services if he was a FA this offseason.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

People who believed that didn't follow the Thunder closely.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  6. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Durant IS a free agent this offseason

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Next off season...thought he signed a 2 year deal?

8. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

This is why most NBA fans are supe
    I think it's funny that people spend time trying to figure out who Durant is better friends with based off of brief glimpses into his life from television and social media.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Saturday shows why Kevin Durant left Russell Westbrook

http://www.espn.com/blog/golden-sta...shows-why-kevin-durant-left-russell-westbrook

OKLAHOMA CITY -- It was the longest conversation the two superstars had engaged in since Kevin Durant's departure. At the time, the Golden State Warriors were up 18 on the Thunder with 4 minutes, 25 seconds left in Saturday's third quarter.

Following a Victor Oladipo 3-pointer, Durant had some words for Russell Westbrook, who simply answered his former teammate with, "I'm coming!"

That miniature exchange exemplified Durant’s frustration in playing alongside Westbrook for those eight years with the Thunder. It was always, “I’m coming. I’m coming.” Meanwhile, the team wasn’t going anywhere.

Westbrook poured in a game-high 47 points to go with 11 boards and eight assists on Saturday. However, he turned the ball over 11 times, and the Warriors exited Chesapeake Energy Arena with a 130-114 victory.

Durant registered a team-high 34 points and nine rebounds. He’s averaging 37.7 points against the Thunder, and the Warriors are 3-0 against them on the season.

[​IMG]
    Kevin Durant, left, scored 34 points to Russell Westbrook's 47 in their OKC reunion on Saturday.
    Saturday's contest was one that lived up to the Westbrook-Durant billing. To everyone’s surprise, they had a few mano a mano situations.

A team source said Warriors coach Steve Kerr was the one who came up with the idea of switching Durant onto Westbrook in the middle of the third. Kerr had never before assigned Durant to a point guard. One of the players told ESPN it was a tactic that worked.

Westbrook couldn’t resist the urge to take it to his former teammate. The stage was too massive; the basketball world was salivating for it. He had to give the audience what it wanted.

According to ESPN Stats & Information data, Durant guarded Westbrook on a total of seven plays. Westbrook went 2-of-5 for eight points on those plays and committed one turnover.

The Warriors got Westbrook to go one-on-one instead of running the offense. Westbrook’s eight assists accounted for 19 points. But that was almost offset by his turnovers, which equated to 15 points for the Warriors, per ESPN Stats & Information research.

Durant has seen how that movie ends on far too many occasions. He needed a change.

The constant disconnect on the court with the Thunder, particularly on the offensive end, began to wear on Durant mentally as early as their second season together, league sources told ESPN. Throughout his OKC tenure, Durant asked for more ball movement. At times, it looked like the Thunder might have turned the corner, but it was never sustained.

On sheer talent alone, Durant's union with Westbrook instantly catapulted the Thunder to being one of the league’s best teams. But when going against a team with supreme talent and discipline, they were overmatched.

Durant desired continuity and teammates willing to sacrifice for the betterment of the team. After nine seasons with the franchise, he wasn’t convinced that would ever occur.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin can continue to be the beta b**** ass he is & continue to throw Russ & the Thunder under the bus. :rolleyes:

sugrlndkid likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Heard some radio shows recently whose hosts were defending Durant with the weak.... "if YOU gave 10 years to YOUR company and were offered a better opportunity, you would leave too".

NOOOOO

It's not about Durant leaving.... it's about Durant leaving to the WARRIORS. The same team who beat you VERY recently.

I'm not a huge Garnett fan, but this is EXACTLY what happened with Ray Allen. Wait.... Durant is worse since he's prime. "Weakest move ever by a superstar".

If Durant needed to leave, Washington was perfect. Return home, and face less competition in the East. Wizards could have 4 All-Stars with KD.

#1431 Houstunna, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Ramo$e likes this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I also think this rockets team with Durant could take down the Cavs and of course the 73 win warriors.

Harden/bev/Durant/Anderson/Capela

With nene/Gordon/dekker/Harrell of the bench would have been just plain nasty and would maybe be a better offensive team than the warriors are this year.

Defensively they would be pretty solid too. Not quite as good but still top 5 imo.

Houstunna likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Unfortunately I think the ship had sailed.

Unless...... we go down to them 3-1 in the WCF and then come back and win the series.

We know KD is a sucker for jumping to the team he chokes against lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The NBA is not like other companies. That's the issue. Acting as if the NBA is the same as, say, Google, is silly.

Houstunna and Ramo$e like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

alls i know is that the nba is a business. that's all i keep hearing whenever a trade goes down

ramotadab and J Sizzle like this.
  16. Vienna Calling

Damn, who wrote this crap? A 12-year-old Warriors fan?

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Stop hating, Durant is going to have a ring, and has a better life in that good city. He was a free agent, he was not asking to be traded, never heard that he was a bad person either, just leave him alone.

18. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

It makes sense to me. The media portrays champions differently. These guys get a significant bump in their career by winning one so why not take the easy way. To me its the leagues fault for allowing 8 all stars to be on 2 teams. Its really boring and the reason most NBA fans are super casual.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No doubt. We understand why he did it.

I'm saying it's the weakest move ever by a star player.

Wizards would've had 3 All-Stars, maybe 4 with Gortat.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

The OKC is still a better team than the Wizards if Durant returned to the OKC, the OKC is the same level as the GS if he returned. Only team that would be better than others is the GS with a addition of him, that is why he went for it. Not saying that the move is a good move for the NBA, but it is a logical move for him if he does not want to return to the OKC.