1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear White People...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JayGoogle, Feb 11, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Interesting to me that plenty on the Alt-Right are outraged by this, 'boycotting' Netflix and saying it is "White Genocide."

Not only do they not know what the series is about, but many of them claim that "Snowflakes" should have more of a sense of humor when it comes to jokes about race...guess they don't get the joke and are pretty triggered.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, I assume it's going to be similar to the MTV video "Dear white guys" which means it'll be a ton of blatant but socially acceptable racism. So long as they don't target any other group of people, and it's actually funny unlike the MTV video, it'll be no big deal.

3. Dei

Dei Member

What joke?

4. Roscoe Arbuckle

Please quit saying "Alt-right." This seems to be a term I only see liberals use.

And in my 45 years, I've never seen anyone do this, and I was in a fraternity. Nobody does this ****. It is race-baiting at its finest.

cml750 and Astrodome like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The thing is this, people don't care how offensive your jokes are if they are funny. There is no protected group as you are implying.

They have no idea what the show is about, they were just triggered by the title. A big Alt-Righter...

I mean really? Do some of these people know what Genocide is?

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is a term created by them...

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

By whom? Pardon my ignorance but I'm a fiscal conservative & I've never seen anyone I talk to or see on FB or any other social media identify as such.

Who is alt-right?

8. Dei

Dei Member

Interesting. Let's watch:

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well.....that is supposed to be the rule when it comes to comedy, but that's just not always the case.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

White nationalist Richard Spencer coined the term in 2010 to define a movement centered on white nationalism....

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I want 8 of my minutes back...

Oh! I have a video! A guy explains it who actually has seen it and in less time!

Seeing that the same people that worked on the movie are doing so on the series I doubt it turns into pro white-genocide propaganda...

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There is a cartoon show about a black family that made jokes about black people created by 3 white dudes. It was on FOX...seems pretty acceptable to me.

13. Roscoe Arbuckle

14. Buck Turgidson

You are being intentionally ignorant on this. Just because your stupid facebook doesn't talk about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Richard Spencer has been in the news plenty lately, I think anyone that moderately follows politics has at least heard of the name...any ways...

My point is that people calling others "Alt-right" are simply calling these people what they want to be called. Not just Richard Spencer but Steve Bannon himself also used the term as stated in the wiki there to describe his own audience.

I mean, I think I'm doing a kindness to conservatives by using the term tbh. I'd like to think that most conservatives haven't lost their minds like it seems most Alt-Right supporters have and that most conservatives wouldn't support things like White Nationalism. I mean, I'd like to think that so I'd rather separate "Alt-Right" people from your general conservative like say Rubio or McCain...

Nook likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Damn, I have to say the girl in the trailer is pretty hot and she has a sexy voice too.

My skin color may be white but I really like girls of different colors and nationalities who are beautiful and I want to make multi colored babies with them.

I still need to find adequate employment though, because I currently do not have the means to provide for a family so I'm holding off on the whole deal.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

Meh, conservatives should not act like liberal snowflakes. I will not be banning netflix for a stupid show. Lowering ourselves to the same level as the snowflakes just provides justification for their idiocy.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . . and you would be wrong in your assumption

I am trying to figure out what the hell WHITE GENOCIDE is . . . . . .
    Esp from a TV Show .. . . .

The want and need to be perceived as persecuted is strong with these folx
    With of course no real evidence of any persecution . . . . let them tell it. . . . America is putting white people in ovens and hanging them on crosses

Rocket River

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-holds-racist-mlk-day-party-article-1.1586776

2014 "blackout" with watermelon for MLK day. The desert snowflakes of Arizona State.

[​IMG]