1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2016-17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 12, 2016.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

casspi sucks. if he's playing well it's just a flash in the pan. he'll return to suck.

D-rock likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@D-rock im opposed to making a BIG move . Bringing in Ibake would certainly shake things up a lot and disrupt what we have going this season.

Less than half a season isn't enough time to develop the chemistry for winning a title . The only way ou make that move is if you think it affords you a MUCH higher shot next year .

3. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Well let's understand that it's not about starting Casspi. It's about bumping Brewer out of the lineup &
    perhaps freeing up Ariza to play some backup mins at shooting guard. The same thing a person says
    about Casspi having a flash of good play once in a while could be said the same about Brewer. I study
    Brewer during game play and I see nothing....every once in a while he deflects the ball. A broken
    clock is right twice a day....I'm not sure Brewer guesses right that often. Casspi at least spreads the floor
    on offense & isn't so easy to post up as Brewer. Rockets only have Ennis/KJ/Brewer and some spare
    parts to trade with. Your sights may be way too high.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not opposed to a BIG move like you are, but not opposed to small moves either. Rockets need to make some kind of move for THIS season however.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would rather sign Smoov or a D-Leaguer like Jalen Jones than trade for Casspi. Unless Ben McLemore is part of the package. Although I prefer signing John Holland (D-League) or Jamaal Franklin (CBA) than giving up too much to the Kings as well.

6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Well I would like to make it clear that I'm not advocating for trading:

Wiltjer/Chinanu/Ennis/KJ/Brewer/rights to foreign players -draft picks for straight up Casspi only.
    Willie Cauley -Stein or Koufos would need to be included.

In the case of WCS as perhaps more as a future contributor than a current one. Although I saw him
    against the Warriors last night playing well. Calapari nailed the outlook of the NBA and how WCS
    fits it to a T. Kings are not using him well. WCS would fit the Rockets well.
    http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/john-calipari-makes-the-case-for-willie-cauley-stein/

I wanted Smoove when the Rockets brought him in (14/15). Many players reported Smoove bridged
    the gap between Harden & long time friend D12. In 14/15 I saw how bad Smoove was on defense
    to go with the poor FT shooting. Smoove left and then returned in hopes of patching the greater
    riff between D12 & Harden.....sorry to say he had no effect. That and his defense got worse
    is a problem. You can not bring in a D12 buddy this year and chance distrupting team chemistry.
    Sorry, I may be wrong but I don't see any chance of that happening. You and I will disagree
    on Smoove. Smoove recently shot 18 three-pointers by himself in a game in China. Wow.
    Keep in mind the 3-pt shot is a little closer than the NBA 3-pt shot.

You hit gold on yogi Ferrell

#1886 Jatman20, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Signed,

Clyde Drexler, Rudy T, and the '95 Rockets.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I was about to post something similar. I will say that we've got 28 games left and Clyde played 35 before the playoffs started. Seven games is quite a bit, but I am with you in that there's enough time to build chemistry if the guy in nice enough. Ibaka works great if Harden liked him and vice versa. Chemistry should still be there from before.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. j@amc

j@amc Member

I don't know anything about the soap opera down in Orlando, but I really like Hezonja's game. I think he's caught in a numbers game and just frustrated (and they aren't winning). He's a really good defender for a young player. Can play above the rim, drive, shoot (when he's hot), move with quickness without the ball, etc. A more athletic Peja Stojakovic--with a little less height and not as much catch and shoot game.

If you could pry Hezonja away from Orlando, he's your starter at the 3 in a couple of years. I don't think he's a SG (any more than Dekker is a 3). But he's got to be in a system like ours to be successful.

Ibaka is the kind of veteran presence that we need to compete in a series against the Spurs, Clippers, or Warriors. I just don't know how you swing it. If there's anyone who can figure it out, it's DM.

D-rock likes this.
  10. kreem

kreem Member

Are we still trying to go after Brook Lopez or Rudy Gay?? We have a really good team right now, we just need to get our Defense straight and use Start Dekker over Pat.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Trade Harden for Tom Brady. We need a winner. Also, he can complete those full court passes without turning it over. Neither plays defense but are great offensive players.

Who says no?

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  12. basketballholic

Starter at 3 in a couple years?????????

No. Throw him in the starting line-up and never look back.

13. BigMaloe

So we can tank for a top pick? Solid strategy. Hinkie agrees.

14. basketballholic

Sheer ignorance. A starting unit of Bev, Harden, Hezonja, Ibaka, Anderson would not tank or be tanking. That is a serious upgrade to our current line-up.

15. BigMaloe

Sheer ignorance because you like a bad player?

Should we trade bev for dinwiddie and start him now?

Bring us closer to that ultimate goal of another superstar by tanking, that's for sure.

Bold move cotton.

And BTW what is ignorant, is your lack of any explanation as to why hezonja is or ever could be, even a solid rotation player in this league. Every statistical data I have looked at, paints him as a horrible horrible player. Literally below average at everything.

I get it he's was a top pick. So we're a bunch of other crappy players who were busts. Anthony Bennet is less of a flop than hezonja.

And the only reason that lineup is better is because Ibaka is starting in it and would be about 10 times better with ariza at the 3.

Inb4 I don't know basketball and Yule C and Donald Trump saying "believe me". Your belief in players being great, doesn't actually make them great. See Jerry Lin fanboi's.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

17. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

18. carib

carib Member

Intriguing comments about WCS. Can't add anything because I have not watched him play. If he really has concentration problems as some suggests I would rather go after Koufus. I am hoping the Morey will take a look at Richaun Holmes because of his athleticism, shot blocking and can hit the occasional 3. With the logjam in Philly he does not get much playing time but when he does he produces. Gabe York is shooting over 40% from 3 and averaging over 4 assists, in the D-League, I think he will be an improvement from Brewer or Ennis in the event Gordon or Beverley get injured. I think Morey can get these guys without much of a shakeup to the rotation and they would add depth. I am sure Morey is thinking about the offseason and maintaining the little cap room that we will have to add a nice piece.

D-rock and Jatman20 like this.
  19. basketballholic

If you can't look at video and see and if I have to explain to you why Mario was a high end lottery pick he could be a solid rotational player then you simply don't understand the game and all you do is make evaluations based on printed numbers. And that qualifies you as ignorant.

I already explained it. He checks ALL the boxes. Watch his video.

Dan Hennigan is going to be fired. When he is fired it will be because he has butchered the organization by undermining the very talent he started. Hezonja will go down as one of the worst examples of Hennigan's ineptitude because Hezonja is going to become a star in the Association at some point when he gets the real opportunity and Henny will be exposed fit actually drafting the rugby guy but then after getting him in the organization then butchering his development.

20. BigMaloe

I watched the video and it does what every highlight reel does. Shows all the positive plays he made but doesn't take in to context all the horrible plays he makes, the bad shots he takes and assignments he misses.

Hennigan is horrid, I agree but he doesn't choose the lineups and rotations. That's the coaches. And he's had 2 different coaches who he hasn't impressed enough to earn solid rotation minutes.

To think, if we traded ariza for him and threw him to the wolves that all of a sudden hesbgonna be this star player is ignorant bliss.

I understand what made him a top 5 player. But just because he was drafted that high doesn't mean ****. It's about who the player becomes and he has become crap in this league.

dmoneybangbang likes this.