1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

This is so lame.

Deuce, Fyreball, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Needs minutes reduced. Needs to get over his misses. Most of all needs to be a BIG and be capable of scoring from inside the perimeter ... otherwise he needs to move to the bench.

A shooting big man is a nice chess piece and is a nice court spacer, but if he isn't doing anything else then that's not good enough. His value cant be derived solely from shooting ... if it is then move to the bench. We need versatility. Let Harrell start at the 4 or dekker ( tho I want dekker to take backup 3 mins... but a lot of rotations could work )

This dude needs Beverley, trevor, and clint as much as Harden does.

Anderson is respected, but against good and energized defenses spacing from a streaky shooter is a rapidly depreciating commodity. If teams run him off the line he cant take advantage. That's his critical weakness. At the same time I respect that he can be a big part of winning a game if he's on. Its called being a good role player.

Harden can play with any one , he's that good . Gordon and Bev are providing enough extra help at guard and Dekker, Harrell, Clint, and Nene have all been positive suprises. I say let Ryan get more shots playing with the second unit.... and stick dekker or Harrell in there for some of his time with the starters ... it gives us a different look. Who knows, Ryan might be more aggressive with the bench and get into a groove in the paint.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We knew going in he was overpaid, but tonight was bad. Hopefully he doesn't have too many more games like this going forward.

4. BAM

BAM Member

He is trash, not worth the 20million if he is not consistent and plays no defense. A 20mil/year player should give you 15+ points every game. Send him to the knicks for Melo

5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Ryan exchanges with Zach Randolph

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We gotta get Ibaka

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ibaka can shoot threes and gives us defense, so I hope we would consider trading Ryan if the Magic wanted him.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i really don't see anyone praising anderson that much after any game. even when he makes his shots, he still hurts us in every other aspect. and his salary is relevant discussion because that payroll allocation could actually be used for a productive player. $20M for a 14PER stiff whose only strength is extremely streaky shooting is a joke. and that salary makes him very difficult to deal in the next 3.5yrs as well.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i hope ryan turns it on perhaps he didnt used to playing this many games...btw i liked starting 5 better when dekker was starting

basketballholic likes this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I understand your frustration with Anderson, but you can never have enough shooters in today's NBA. Yes I'm sure there is more value to be had somewhere, but there always is with someone.

I'm not too worried about being able to unload Anderson if need be. It's still a contract that could be moved if the Rockets decide they want to. There are teams always looking for shooting that would take him IMO.

11. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Are we just going to ignore that this no talent hack had more FOULS than his combined TOTAL of points/rebounds/assists/steals/blocks?

hakeem94 and Rockets Pride like this.
  12. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Ok then why spend the money if that's our "Harden offense."??? Why blow this kinda money on a guy who has so little of options?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I actually think his defense has been fine (relative to what I was expecting. Still not good), but yeah, his shooting just isn't good enough right now. Yeah, he's hitting 40% overall, but it comes far too inconsistently. Just not enough of a weapon lately.

14. omgTHEpotential

I'm not a fan of Anderson either, but the irony in this post is delicious.

Mathloom, hakeem94 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread deserves a thousand replies . . . get 'er done, ClutchFans

MorningZippo and hakeem94 like this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hope you're right on this, and hope it happens in the offseason. the longer we wait as he approaches 30 i think teams would start to view his contract as more toxic

he made taj look like a young shaquille last night. ironic since i haven't seen a post defender get obliterated so badly since perhaps the days of yao dunking on guys 10" shorter

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah, i'm just talking about the whole season. Last night was easily his worst game as a Rocket, unfortunately.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I love how holic claims to love Harden yet he takes shots at the guy whenever he can. He's like an insane ex-girlfriend.

Mathloom, hakeem94 and J Sizzle like this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but he spaces the floor beautifully

20. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Fine he's a streaky shooter, and if im cold and missing shots i would find another way to impact the game: play physical, good defense, and rebound. And as we know he's not good at those. A PF who refuses to play big.

It's like a PG who refuses to run, dribble fast to get a fastbreak started.