1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

BTW...No way the Rams trade Rivers. Rivers has accepted the move......He had a Brief moment a couple years ago, but he changed his mind. Plus, he doesnt want to uproot his family across the country. He has 8 kids.

2. dmoneybangbang

You are confusing probable with possible...

It will take a bold, risky move in order to be contenders next year. Sorry you lack vision.

3. dmoneybangbang

It doesnt hurt to ask.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is NOT an option. So stop. You are clueless. The NFL doesnt work that way. The Texans will draft a QB....have Brock and Savage battle in camp. Savage will win. They will have a new O-Coordinator. Brock will be fine as a backup. You cut him at the end of 2017.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And they will say No. Chargers need Rivers to help build the LA fanbase. No way they are selling Brock to LA fans.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Mashing

Mashing Member

You either give up picks to get a QB in trade or give up picks to move up in the draft to get your QB. Take your pick. Whatever the Texans do they should draft QB in the 1st and OL in the second (RT or RG).

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It's not possible or probable. Why? Because to be possible, you have to have someone willing to trade for Brock. There is NO ONE.

8. Mashing

Mashing Member

I meant to say that if they take the second route I'd go QB 1st, OL 2nd.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This is like Manning again...except with Romo. Go get him if you can...one year deal, with option for 2. It cant be worse than what we just endured.

And for those talking about the cap making it impossible or hard, please stop...it makes you look stupid.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Unless you want to GIVE someone your #1 pick to Take Brock, then you need to move on. Texans will not do that. NO TEAM would.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

12. dmoneybangbang

Won't know for sure until you try.

13. dmoneybangbang

Yawn... so it is possible then.... just not probable like I said.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....It would take up $42-$44 million of your cap to carry Brock and Romo. So...the Texans would lose Bouye, Cushing, Wilfork, Joseph, Demps, Newton (he may be done anyway), and probably a couple others. Oh, and you can't sign Hopkins this offseason. You would have to wait.....and risk you are not able to get a contract done the next season.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Oh...they will TRY. Don't hold your breathe.

16. rezdawg

The cap is going up 15+ million.

Cushing and JJo cuts would save 12 million.

Newton, Clark Bergtrom, and Weeden would be another 11 million.

We will have close to 40 million...Romo 20 million, Bouye can sign a nice deal starting with a base around 5 million (and going up greater starting in 2018 after Brock deal goes away), rookie pool is about 6 million...that leaves enough for players like Demps, Wilfork (he's probably retiring), etc...

You can easily make it work without gutting the team.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You don't know what the cap is going up to until March. The big jump was this past year.

LOL. You better look again. There will be DEAD Money on those contracts too. You will NOT have $40 million. Do this....you can go into Madden, create a Franchise....sim the first season, Then do those cuts.......try to resign bouye...sign Hopkins....then try to trade for Romo. You will see the problem. It's not perfect simulation, but u will get the idea of the cap penalty and dead money.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I am in agreement with this. I guess I was a little overzealous last night when I said this. I think having a qb that can throw accurately will help our WRs out more. However we should have signed a veteran WR for sure somewhere down the line last season

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I guess if Romo is cut and will play for the minimum, then you bring him in.....other than that, there's no chance you go after him. I mean if he's playing for the minimum it won't matter when he's on IR after the first game. As to Jimmy G, yeah the last time we traded for a Pats backup it worked so well I think we should pay even more for one now. Brilliant.

20. rezdawg

I'm including the dead money...this isn't rocket science and you don't need Madden.

Go to overthecap.com and look at the contracts yourself.