1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

It's a long shot like I said.

Its one of the few situations where we'd be able to move Brock and get a QB back as Dallas and NE would not want Brock, even for a year.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the Cowboys know Romo did them a solid and he's too good to be a backup next year

and they will probably try to trade him somewhere he wants to go and thinks he can get ring

the problem is his back may not be able to hold up

but that problem means we may be able to get him in a trade without giving up much

another team that could be similarly appealing to Romo is Denver

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It seems like all many ex patriots suck after they leave bill: Pioli, RAC, McDaniels, BOB, Casel, Mallet. I guess wilfork was all right, but he was kind of old and closer to the end.

I am a Donut likes this.
  4. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Don't waste our great defense while we still have it. If there is any way to bring in Romo, you have to do it--he's the best talent out there right now, by a long shot. They can still draft a "QB of the future" sometime in the next couple of years. Talented, expensive band-aid? Yes, please!

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Heck at this point I would take jay cutler, he is a veteran, healthier, probably will be cheaper then Romo, and a change of scenery might do him some good. Anything but Brick Asswater.

6. Major

Major Member

Sorry, to clarify, I'm talking about proven/reliable QBs. Smith fits into the Manning/Brees category in that he was only available because the 49ers found someone they thought was even better in Kaepernick. Palmer forced a retirement and sat out for several years to get out of his situation. But these are all definitely the example of the kinds of guy you mountains to go get. Right now, the only one of those available is Tony Romo.
    Bradford and RG3 were castoffs - they were unwanted by their teams because they were both injury-prone and not playing well. Those kinds of guys are regularly available, I agree. But they come with a lot higher risk of just sucking. With the first category, there's often some other risk (health, in Romo's case), but you know if they play, they will be good. The RG3/Bradford types, you have fundamental can-they-play questions (and with those two, health questions as well).

I'd put Brock in that latter category. The Broncos didn't try all that hard to retain him and, last year, were willing to bench him for a noodle-armed Manning having a terrible season. I had no problem with the Texans trying to go out and get him. It simply didn't work, so they have to rinse-and-repeat. The only concern I'd have with that move was if BoB wasn't on board with it - you hired a guy to be an offensive genius and a QB whisperer, then you have to let him pick his QB. It's the same with Chip Kelly if all those 49er stories are true. It's just dumb management.

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Everybody in here clamoring for Romo do you not realize the next hit he takes he's going to end up on IR. Dude is too injury prone and with his back issue doctors have advised him to hang it up so I wouldn't take a chance on the guy.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Romo with a 50% chance of getting hurt + Savage with a 50% chance of getting hurt = a 100% healthy QB situation next year, which would be much better than brock osweiler.

9. Major

Major Member

What are your alternatives?

10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Had enough of big young backup QBs... We need to draft one and go all-in on Phillip Rivers somehow someway....

Hakeemtheking and Houstunna like this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Maybe kick the tires on Tyrod Taylor or Tannehill if nothing else... Though i think neither are world beaters , but like others have said, even just getting an average QB that can make plays will make us legit contenders...

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jimmy G. Watch his tape, he's not another Cassel. Patriots hit a homerun on him.

Give up the first and a fourth for him.

Sign Boyue, cut Newton. Draft RT in second round.

Add a coverage LB.

Team will contend next year.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No one is taking Brock's contract...lol.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What don't you people understand? YOU CANNOT bring a QB (no cap space). No one is trading for Brock's contract. Sorry.

15. dmoneybangbang

You would have to give up picks like I said.... You would rather pay Romo and Brock or Jimmy G and Brock?

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why would the Cowboys want Brock? LOL. Stop.

17. dmoneybangbang

It's a one year contract.... so you would need a team that isn't competing in 2017 on top of offering a few picks. It's not probable but it's certainly possible.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

That would be absolutely DUMB. Pay someone to take a QB off your hands. At $17 million, it would take a 1st and something else. NO WAY. Texans have to draft a Tackle and a QB. Some are u are CLUELESS.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It's not possible. No one will take that contract. This is NOT the NBA.

20. dmoneybangbang

That's right, you would have to pay someone to take Brock off our hands with picks.

It's merely an option for next season so stop with the clueless nonsense.