1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pat Mahomes, the savior.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major

Major Member

Really?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Lance likes this guy:

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I liked Peterman and watched him a lot in college.

I don't know if I'd compare him to Carr, but maybe Cousins, and he'd be a good pickup late.

At the rate we're going, I'd love to pick up one QB early, one later, and roll with those two and Savage.

Edit: Been watching video on Kizer. I say we go all in on this kid. Cut Brock, trade up for Kizer. If Peterman goes undrafted, sign him, too.

#63 Two Sandwiches, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I wouldn't mind Kizer for the sheer purpose of his connection with Fuller.. Nearly 75% of his highlights are to our #2 receiver.

5. Two Sandwiches

Doing some more research on Mahomes. So far, I say let's get him. Go for it. He's the real deal. The comparisons to Carr seem legit. I also love that he can improvise like Rodgers or Wilson.

Seems like a guy O'Brien would like and can develop. Should be available around our pick, or cost us little to move up.

I could see him being a rare spread offense guy that starts in the first year.

Draft this man.

#65 Two Sandwiches, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Who else do we like in this draft beside Mahones? Want to hear opinions

The Watsons, Mitchs, and the Kizers in the draft or other guys like Webb, Pertman, and Allen?

7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Curious to how that has ever worked out. QB/WR combo in college transferring over to the NFL. But I do like Kizer, Deshone and Mahomes.

houstonstime likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#68 zeeshan2, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  9. Two Sandwiches

I like Trubisky, but only having one year scares me to the point to where I'm not sure if I'd trade the farm for him. I'd probably pass. I think he'll be a Bortles type player.

Not sold on Watson.

Kizer has good potential. If he falls, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Mahomes is the one I'm orally intrigued by. He reminds me of Carr and Dak in the way that he moves, and the fact that I think he could be a plug and play from day one with good value. More of Carr in the sense that he comes from a spread offense and from a family with pro sports genes. I see his ceiling as something like Dak or Carr's ceiling, and his floor as Josh Freeman. I would take him at 25. I have a feeling he'll rise to he number three quarterback, though, with Watson falling out of the first round. Kizer or Trubisky and then Mahomes. I'd love for us to get Mahomes, though, and I'm sure O'Brien would love to get his hands on him.

I do like Peterman's potential, as well. I'd take a flyer on him in the seventh round if he's available. Pro-style offense. Can spread the ball around. Their offense did similar things to what I think the Texans envision. Problem is, what do you do with all the quarterbacks? No way you cut Brock AND Weeden.

The other guys, I haven't really looked at much.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hmm, I'll do some digging, only one that comes to mind quickly is Coby Fleener.. nothing of note now, but when he was with LucK (both from stanford) he was pretty good I think..

Look at Olajuwon and Drexler when they finally got back together LOL. I think it translates better to pros. Not to mention, you have Kizer taking snaps from his old center Nick Martin too.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

On every video that I've seen of Mahomes he is running for his life and still manages to throw incredibly accurate passes.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You give Kizer"s offensive line to Mahomes and he goes #1 in this draft easily.

13. Two Sandwiches

The games where he's not running for his life, he looks great. The WVU game, not so much. He was being harassed.

I hope he's available at 25. I honestly could see him blowing a staff away at training camp and starting week one next year. Only other QB I'd say that about right now is maybe Kizer.

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

I want to know the people who thought Derek Carr should have been drafted before 2014 to weigh in. I'd go with what they say.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

If he's there draft him, if not wait and draft 2 ... Anyone but Brock is a plus as of this moment

16. Bob Barker 007

i question Mahomes' character, vision, and intelligence. I have no doubt he can throw a good ball, but I need assurances that he can read the field really well.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

Bobby stop with that nonsense have you really watched him play he has one of the best all around skill sets o all the QB'S coming out this year at this point he is better than OZ and maybe the best bet for the Texans next year.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Of all the wildcard QB picks, Mahomes is the most intriguing. Got a quick release, strong arm, mobile, but plays out of control way too much. That could be his shitty team though, I don't know.

My biggest conclusion after watching Mahomes clips, KeKe Coutee holy ****!!! This guy reminds me of Antonio Brown. He's a beast and I want this dude on the Texans when he does enter the draft!!

edwardc likes this.
  19. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

It was a joke.

20. cdain3

cdain3 Member

No doubt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.