1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports/Kelly Dwyer] DeMarcus Cousins asks local reporters if he should stay with Sacramento

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dr of Dunk, Jan 11, 2017.

1. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

those reporters are assholes.

that would be hilarious if he left bc of that reporter. i hope he does. i like him, and sactown is a shitshow of disrespect of mismanagement.

roslolian and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

that was funny, can't hate him here.

CCity Zero, Pen15clubber and Tha_Dude like this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hope he leaves.

Wow those reporters are morons.

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Cousins hasn't exactly been very friendly towards some of these reporters, lately. With that said, this was meant to be a funny interview and I think some people are taking it the wrong way and all.

RedRedemption likes this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Damn was not expecting them to respond that way lol. Kind of made me like him a little more though

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's like a sad little dark comedy short film that says so much without saying so much. I appreciate the honesty from the 2nd reporter.

I hope Sacramento trade him. He might turn things around somewhere else, who knows.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Next time he plays in Houston, a Houston beat writer should get a duplicate style microphone and ask him to ask Houston reporters the same question. Writers with attitudes towards players may not help a team, but they can certainly hurt the team.

#8 don grahamleone, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Pen15clubber and roslolian like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

but my teachers always told me to be honest

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn imagine if some stinky ass reporter told Harden he shouldn't be in Houston. LOL I'm sorry but if I were the owner I would blacklist these assholes from entering the locker room, you don't let media get away with disrespecting your star like that. Cousins is the only thing keeping that Sac team relevant, once he leave they're donzo esp. since their FO keeps drafting 7 ft projects in a bid replace Cousins.

Pen15clubber and RedRedemption like this.
  10. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Didn't he cuss out and intimidate a reporter recently? They're probably sore about that.

BigShasta and Tha_Dude like this.
  11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Pretty obvious he doesn't want to be in Sac Town anymore. Winning changes people's aditudes, just look at our team this year vs last.

I think Cousin's maturity and locker room aditude would change dramatically if he were on this team. That's why I'm all for trading for DeMarcus

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. awc713

awc713 Member

I think you're right. NBA is all about culture and chemistry. Cousins hasn't been presented with any reasonable opportunity to win. Difference between him and Dwight is that Dwight was in winning cultures (ORL, and even here in HOU) and still dismantled everything. Demarcus' tantrums come out of wanting to win. That's something I'm okay with. Hopefully we can modify the tantrums, but the talent and will to win is there.

#13 awc713, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  13. dream2clips

dream2clips Member

Re: Winning Culture/Situations

This is a guy who went to Kentucky with many first round picks around him and a Nat'l Championship coach. But WRT Winning culture/situations in college basketball I could have just typed Kentucky - full-stop.

He had headcase/diva concerns coming out. IMO Calipari's pipeline to the pro's is priceless for his recruiting - if what he saw in Demarcus was worth putting his neck on the line to stop the rumors then they would have stopped. All the frontline and public quote bs aside. IMO Cal didn't think it was worth risking his rep with the pro's to stop the concerns about Demarcus.

I mean that's all anecdotal but it's nothing more anecdotal than the presumption that his surroundings dictate his outbursts. And FWiW in not so many words that's known as mentally weak. This isn't a Shareef Abdur Raheem type situation where a guy is mired in an awful basketball culture for a decade.

I think Cousins is a fantastic player, and I think he does want to win - and I think he would sacrifice his numbers for winning. But those are all subjective takes. I think it's a bit of a bridge too far to just presume he is who he is because of what's around him - by definition - that's a pretty generous way to assess him.